TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Blogs > freelight-express
Reload this Page How is freelight 'pagan'?
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

How is freelight 'pagan'?

Posted September 10th, 2011 at 03:50 PM by freelight
Updated August 25th, 2012 at 09:55 PM by freelight

~*~*~

Preface notice: I've since changed my affiliation back to 'Other' or 'Hindu' but the commentary below still holds where such is applicable.

-----------------------o

Hello all,

Thought to share a little on my recent change of 'religious affiliation' to 'Pagan'. - I thought it appropriate for at least a season to change to a more liberal title, since paganism includes a whole university of ancient mythology, philosophy, metaphysical principles and spiritual themes that run thru most of our world-religions, and especially their more esoteric sub-schools, but more specifically as such relates to the soul's relationship to the cycles of Nature.

There is also a subtle rebellion towards some forms of organized religion or propaganda behind my gesture, especially those that oppress one's true spiritual freedom and manipulate the masses to its own ends, although it may be doing this unconsciously. However, in general I do honor the good and positive effects of religion and religious schools in the world who are assisting man in his development and progress in all fields of knowledge.

I'll still have the roots and nuance of a Hindu/Christian mystic underneath the dressings, but ever a true universalist, pioneering the way before. Some resources on Paganism below -

What is Paganism?

Wiki
Pagan.com
Religious Tolerance Portal

The golden key:

Since all comes from 'God' and is permeated by the living energies, elements and substance of universal Spirit, living in harmony and co-creative balance with Nature & Spirit is the way of Life.

Always more to come,

Paul
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1855 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hi Freelight, I always read your comments. In some regards I consider myself a Universalist. All shall be saved or perhaps retained? that wish to be saved. What shall become of the unsaved? Can there ultimately be the choice to not be?
    I've thought of a double infinity symbol but realized that the infinity symbol is simply a looping circle. peace, pat
  2. Old Comment

soul musing................... ..

Hi pat,

Thank you

Let me qualify up front, that I use the term 'universalist' in its pure sense, as one who accepts the universality of 'God', 'truth', 'Spirit' and recognizes truth in all religious traditions and teachings that do indeed have true meanings and values to share that reflect the nature and consistency of true reality, and its relative forms.

I also have often taken a more 'universalist' position on 'soteriology', as its typically defined as one who believes that all souls will ultimately be reunited with God, however have also expounded on and explore the 'soul-death' (annihilationst position), and am still inbetween the two, but my eternal optimism favors the former. However, I can respect the latter, only if God has allowed for soul-death, the dis-integration and de-struction of individual existence. - I've explored the metaphysics involved with this process, so keep this open for further elaboration

Thanks for being a patron of mutual respect and courtesy as we share our points of view; to me its all about learning and 'creative dialogue', maximizing the art of language to constructive ends, ultimately expanding our consciousness for the better. After all, what is Life about?

Namaste!

paulie
  3. Old Comment

Language

Hi Freelight,
    Thanks for your response. I am a very language oriented person but as I age am finding language to be inadequate to the task of expressing my sense of union with life and the Creator of life.
    I struggle with how little we know of each other or ourselves(myself) and yet we presume to judge. It is necessary while living in society to have some standard of normative behavior but beyond that we waste our time and risk doing immense harm to one another.
    When I really look into the eyes of another person I usually see Light. But not always.
  4. Old Comment

living epistles.......

Quote:
    Hi Freelight,
    Thanks for your response. I am a very language oriented person but as I age am finding language to be inadequate to the task of expressing my sense of union with life and the Creator of life.
    Hi pat,....yes,..but 'language' is our primary tool for conveying ideas, communicating, sharing knowledge, translating concepts, etc. At best in 'theology', words serve as 'pointers', symbols, descriptions.

Quote:
    I struggle with how little we know of each other or ourselves(myself) and yet we presume to judge.
    We can help but judge to some degree as a natural reflex, but are called to be careful of our judgments, withholding such, until more light, wisdom, genuine discernment is afforded us. Its a delicate thing, as we would hope to be true arbiters of knowledge. Here is where surrender to Spirit is essential, if we would be portals of love.

Quote:
    It is necessary while living in society to have some standard of normative behavior but beyond that we waste our time and risk doing immense harm to one another.
    The challenge of society, community and where we are going, what is our true values? Much to consider and put into practice to effect real change.

Quote:
    When I really look into the eyes of another person I usually see Light. But not always.
    Its always a blessing to have 'light meet light', an inner luminosity. It encourages life. If we see one with darkness, we can only hope to shine the light.

bless u,

paul

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks