TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Blogs > Reflecting on the things of God, theology & praxis
Reload this Page Entries for March 2012
Old

A Quote from A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims On the Way

Posted March 18th, 2012 at 06:17 PM by student x (Reflecting on the things of God, theology & praxis)

Quote:
If Paul could warn the Corinthians "not to go beyond what is written" (1 Corinthians 4:6), then surely those of us living in postapostolic times are no less obliged to this principle. Especially as the church was already being racked with internal division and errors. Paul in effect invoked the principle of sola scriptura in forbidding the saints from going beyond the written texts. Paul urges this in the context of his defense of his ministry against the charges of the "superapostles,"
TOL Subscriber
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The "moment"

Posted March 18th, 2012 at 06:14 PM by student x (Reflecting on the things of God, theology & praxis)

The "moment" came to me later in life. I started attending a "mainstream" protestant church in 2004 and attended the worship services and Sunday school regularly. The gospel wasn't clearly preached from the pulpit nor taught in group settings. I had difficulties understanding Scripture on my own because my mind was cluttered with racing thoughts or the reading made me sleepy.

Later I realized I enjoyed being in church for the wrong reasons, I was in desperate
TOL Subscriber
Posted in Uncategorized