In post 106 of this thread I posted a link to the following material and I referred to it again several posts later when asked for a source for my belief that homos and child molestation are linked. I decided I wanted to go ahead and actually post the material here directly so that if and when that other thread is ever deleted from the forum the information will still be around for people to read in this thread, which has now been archived. If you havenít already I encourage you to read it and pick up a copy of the book as well. You can get the paper back version very inexpensively.
59 WAYS TO RUIN A CHILD!
The following is from Christian Child-Rearing and Personality Development
by Paul Meier, Donald Ratcliff & Fredrick Rowe pages 28-34.
How to Develop an Alcoholic or Drug Addict
[These are also linked with other psychological problems as well]
1. Give the child everything he or she wants.
2. When the child does wrong, nag but never spank (or only spank when he or she shows signs of independence).
3. Do not allow your husband, wife, or the childís teachers to punish the child.
4. Encourage the child to be overly dependent on the parent, so drugs or alcohol will replace you when he or she gets older.
5. Make all the decisions for the child; solve all the childís problems so he or she will always run to you when the going gets tough.
6. Always bail the child out of trouble; never let him or her suffer the consequences of the misbehavior.
7. Criticize the childís father or mother openly.
8. Dominate your husband or wife; it helps if at least one of you is an alcoholic.
9. Take a lot of prescription drugs, so taking illegal drugs will be easier for your child.
How to Develop a Homosexual
[The above steps 1 through 9 are often found in the family backgrounds of homosexuals as well.]
10. Protect your son very carefully; never let him play football or baseball with other boys, because he might get hurt, and donít let him ever be a newspaper boy or patrol boy because he might catch pneumonia.
11. Donít let boys spend much time with their fathers or other adult males. For girls, donít let them spend time with their mothers. (in addition, youngsters are more likely to become homosexuals when their first sexual experiences are with those of the same sex, either as a child or in adolescence).
12. Teach your son to sow, cook, and knit, and be sure he dislikes traditional male roles. Encourage your daughter to play football and other rough and tumble activities.
13. Be sure your son plays consistently with the neighborhood girls, or sisters and their friends. Never let your daughter play with other girls, but only with brothers and other boys.
14. Give your son a feminine name and tell him what a cute girl he would have been; you might even dress him up in his big sisterís clothes when he is little. Give your daughter a masculine nickname and never encourage her to wear a dress.
How to Develop of Sociopath
(a criminal with no conscience)
[Again, follow the steps for developing an alcoholic, with the following additions or substitutions.]
15. Never spank you child. Thatís a thing of the past, and is one of the few things considered to be immoral today.
16. Let your children express themselves any way they want, including temper tantrums and calling you names.
17. Let your child run your life. Allow the child to manipulate you and play on your guilt. Give in to temper tantrums, and never cross the child when he or she is angry.
18. Never enforce the household rules. That way the child will be able to choose which laws of society to break when older, and will not fear any consequences because he or she never suffered any.
19. Never require chores; do all the chores for the child. That way he or she will be irresponsible when older and blame others when things do not go well.
20. Believe or encourage lying. Tell a few lies yourself, and be sure to cheat on your income taxes.
21. Criticize others whenever possible, and never let the child associate with religious people.
22. Give the child a big allowance but donít ever make the child do anything for it. IF he or she has to work for money, the child may get the idea one has to work for a living. If the child happens to do something worthwhile, always reward it with a lot of money because you would never want him or her to get the idea that responsibility is its own reward.
How to Develop of Histrionic
(someone emotionally unstable, immature, and self-centered, a problem more common among females)
[The nine steps for developing an alcoholic are also associated with this problem, but add the following]
23. Spoil your daughter and let her get own way, especially if she pouts or cries.
24. Marry an immature husband and do not meet his sexual needs; that way he will seek warmth and affection by becoming too close to the daughter.
25. Lie to yourself a lot, so your daughter will learn that habit as well.
26. Always praise your daughter for her appearance, never for her character.
27. When your child runs away, be sure to run after her and apologize for not letting her have her way in the first place.
28. If your child pretends to be sad or fakes a suicide attempt, be sure to show her how guilty you feel for not letting her have her own way.
29. Encourage you daughter to become a movie star, because she is already a very dramatic actress.
30. Get divorced and remarried a number of times so your daughter will learn that all men are good-for-nothing. You might also live with someone you are not married to.
31. Encourage your daughter to wear the seductive clothing you can find. She will naturally do this to please her father, who always praises her appearance rather than character, and with whom she may be sexually involved (note: about one-third of the histrionic females treated by Paul Meier have been sexually abused by their fathers or stepfathers).
32. When your daughter comes home late from a date, scold her for her behavior, then ask her for all the exciting details and enjoy every moment of the telling, by try to hide your obvious enjoyment.
33. Reward your son or daughter whenever the child plays sick; this will help make the child a hypochondriac, which often goes with the histrionic disorder.
How to Develop a Schizophrenic
(a person seriously out of touch with reality)
[The nine steps for developing an alcoholic, again, are a start, with the following exceptions]
34. Tell the child you love him or her, but never hug or show any genuine warmth. Never let the child snuggle, even when a baby. Always be cold and impersonal when you tell the child of your love.
35. Promise the child you will do things with him or her, but always think of excuses not to when the time comes.
36. Follow the policy that husbands should be seen but not heard, and they should be seen only when they have their wivesí permission.
How to Develop a Compulsive Child
(an overly rigid perfectionist)
37. Talk all the time, but donít be physically active. Never listen to what your child has to say.
38. Expect perfect manners from your child: never tolerate mistakes.
39. Donít go around other people very much, and be as critical as possible of everyone around you.
40. Be a real snob.
41. The wife should always dominate the husband.
42. Teach your child that morality should always be a way of being considered superior to other or of getting to heaven.
43. Never make any serious commitments to God and be critical of other peopleís religious convictions, especially the childís grandparents.
44. Tell your child the father is the boss, but always be sure that the mother is really the boss.
45. Expect the child to be completely toilet trained by twelve months of age.
46. Be careful with every penny you spend. Save for the future and donít let the future ever come.
47. Emphasize the letter of the law. Make your rules quote rigid and never allow any exceptions.
48. Shame your child for any interest in sexuality.
How to Develop an Accident-Pone Child
49. Get into lots of serious arguments with your spouse, especially about the child. That way the child will blame himself or herself and react to the feeling of guilt by hurting self in some way.
50. Ignore your child, especially when confidence or good character traits surface. Only notice the child when he or she gets hurt, then overreact with extreme sympathy for every scrape or bruise (because of your guilt for ignoring him or her the rest of the time).
51. Both husband and wife should be gone most of the time. Leave the child in the care of brothers and sisters, or a babysitter who does not care much for the children. Always be too tired and busy to notice the child when you are at home.
How to Develop an Obese or Anorexic (Extremely Underweight) Child
52. Support every aspect of womenís liberation, but often express your frustration at how little is improving for women.
53. Give you children lots of food instead of lots of love.
54. The father should be passive in the home, even if intelligent and financially successful.
55. The mother should be overweight, overprotective, and the boss in the home.
56. The wife should never show respect for the husband.
57. The mother should be dominant and restrictive. There might even be a nearby grandmother who also dominates the household.
58. Marry a husband who was bossed around by his mother and doesnít like women very much (not even sexually). It also helps if he is obsessed with his work and other activities.
59. Encourage the husband to direct his hostility toward the daughter.
There you have it: 59 ways to ruin a child.
Resting in Him,