TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In!
Reload this Page toldailytopic: I am so sick of...
TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In! Every day we will post a new topic and we want to get your comments on that topic. The topic could be about literally anything from the vague to the specific, important or trivial. The TOL membership can take that topic and run with it!

(#151) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
December 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM

Attachment 15183

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

Last edited by Nick M; September 15th, 2012 at 10:44 PM..

(#152) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
December 24th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four O'Clock View Post
Right wing Christians that think every poor person is in their situation because of their own doing and don't need our help...
I don't think that of the downtrodden. Just communists.

Jesus saves completely.

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

(#153) Old
Over 3000 post club

DocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peers
December 24th, 2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Right wing Christians that think every poor person is in their situation because of their own doing and don't need our help...
I'm so sick of idiots who misrepresent what right-wing Christians actually believe.

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Hand of providence has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations." - George Washington

"What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." - Voltaire

(#154) Old
Resident Gadfly.

Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
December 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Celebrities who offer their opinion on important topics. Nobody should ask 'em, nor should we care.

If you don't do as He told you don't expect me to listen.

Chances are you're actually a Paulist.

(#155) Old
Over 3000 post club

DocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peersDocJohnson is well respected by his peers
December 24th, 2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite View Post
Celebrities who offer their opinion on important topics. Nobody should ask 'em, nor should we care.
Ditto!

"The Hand of providence has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations." - George Washington

"What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." - Voltaire

(#156) Old
TOL Subscriber

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
December 24th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Celebrities who could not be reached for comment:

Neal Armstrong

Shields and Yarnell

George Clooney

Abe Vigoda

Pauley Shore (phone disconnected)

Space Ghost

Bono (it was bound to happen sooner or later)

Brian Bosworth

Tina Yothers

Tom Brady's baby (no, the other one)

and

Hunter S. Thompson (on assignment)

~fini~

(#157) Old
Over 1000 post club

Four O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peers
December 24th, 2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohnson View Post
I'm so sick of idiots who misrepresent what right-wing Christians actually believe.
Blessings Doc; I'm sick of politics being any part of Christianity; seems like you're calling me an 'idiot', please correct me if I'm wrong. I do know many 'left wing' Christians who are pro-life, etc...
But any on board here (many?) who call George W....good Christian, good American, and call Obama...'demon from hell' are simply missing the point of the Gospel...
I guess we'll simply agree to disagree...Merry Christmas...

"My wretchedness pointed Him to the Cross to unite with me; His blessing points me to the Cross where I can be united to Him. As I abide daily in Christ, I shall forever taste the Joy, Power, and Completeness of the Holy Spirit within me."

(#158) Old
Carpet Bagger

December 25th, 2009, 02:04 AM

I'm so sick of....

Attachment 15184

Jesus saves completely.

Last edited by Nick M; September 15th, 2012 at 10:44 PM..

(#159) Old
Over 1000 post club

Four O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peersFour O'Clock is well respected by his peers
December 25th, 2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
I'm so sick of....

Attachment 15184
A fire-breathing "DraGore"?

"My wretchedness pointed Him to the Cross to unite with me; His blessing points me to the Cross where I can be united to Him. As I abide daily in Christ, I shall forever taste the Joy, Power, and Completeness of the Holy Spirit within me."

(#160) Old
Over 500 post club

Egbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respectedEgbert is well respected
December 25th, 2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
On the one hand, being a celebrity does not make one better qualified to speak on an important topic, so we should not give undue attention to what they say.
But on the other, being a celebrity does not preclude one from having good insights or being more intelligent than the average news pundit. It makes no sense to disregard the opinion simply because it comes from a celebrity, and to act like a celebrity's opinion is worth less than the average person's.

(#161) Old
Over 3000 post club

December 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I'm sick of politics being any part of Christianity...
I'm sick of people trying to keep politics and religion separate. The Nazis did a great job of that, by the way, and millions died.

(#162) Old
TOL Subscriber

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
December 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohnson View Post
I'm sick of people trying to keep politics and religion separate. The Nazis did a great job of that, by the way, and millions died.
You know what else the Nazis were good at?

Public transportation...

(#163) Old
Over 3000 post club

December 26th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
You know what else the Nazis were good at?

Public transportation...
...and building rockets and tanks and don't forget those gorgeous uniforms!

(#164) Old
broken

Brother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peers
December 26th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
I fear an America led by a ruthless, power-hungry and hypocritical demagogue of the far right gaining power in America in 2112 because of the mindless backlash against the decent and honorable man currently in office .
Why do you fear that? You'll most likely be dead by 2112.

If all you have is a decision for Christ, and no delight in Christ, you don't have Christ. -- John Piper

(#165) Old
broken

Brother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peersBrother Vinny is well respected by his peers
December 26th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Oh, and I'm sick of perianal itching.

If all you have is a decision for Christ, and no delight in Christ, you don't have Christ. -- John Piper