TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page The Christian, God's Commands, and Obedience to Christ
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old
I Pray That You May Know God's Peace In Your Life

Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
The Christian, God's Commands, and Obedience to Christ - February 18th, 2012, 07:22 PM

Feel free and add anything that comes to mind. We are to obey Jesus, God's Son, our Lord, Master, Savior, and Friend.

Much more learning ahead of me, that I would be a good servant of Christ.

Shalom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshak View Post
Read the New Testament instead of studying others' doctrines, friend. No wonder you don't know Jesus' teachings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untellectual View Post
My suggestion to you is to take a look at more of what I have written on the subject of God's commands and obedience. Here are some threads I started that you can investigate. I suggest you look into the related threads that interest you.

Obedience: Something God Desires.

Are good works "good"?

Being Obedient -- What is it like?

Obedience to God, Is there a command of God you endeavor to obey?

Morality, The Law, and God

What Does It Mean To Obey God?

Is there no longer any law?

The Law of Christ: Doing what God wants us to do.

Can A Christian Do Good Works?

Saved by Grace

The Law Of Christ -- What Is It? What Does It Mean To Be Under It?

We Are Not Under Law -- But We Are Obedient To God's Commands

What Is Required For Salvation?

God's Grace

The Teaching Ministry of Jesus

What Does God's Word Accomplish?

Salvation -- "have been saved"

Circumcision and Uncircumcision -- Diverging Theologies

Love Your Enemies

God's commands: Love God, Love Your Neighbor

The Will of God -- Yes, it is in the Bible.

Salvation is by grace, not of works

What does it mean to obey God?

Is the Christian permitted to be obedient?

Is a person saved by their obedience?

Obedience and Gentiles in the Same Verse

Keeping the Sabbath

Love One Another

The Word of God -- The Gospel

Faith, And "The One Who Does Not Work"

The Law -- Jesus and the Commands of God

Under Law/Under Grace

Can a Person Know I am Saved by My Works?

I Believe I Am Saved -- Do I Have To Do Anything To Be Saved?

The Ten Commandments

John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

(#2) Old
TOL Subscriber

meshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputation
February 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM

Untelectual,

I suggest to you that you read Jesus' sermon on the mount to know what He teaches and commands. You are making up you own doctrines instead of reading His Gospel.

Reading the Bible twice in twenty years and spreading your own doctrines is arrogant, dear.

(#3) Old

Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
February 18th, 2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Untelectual,

I suggest to you that you read Jesus' sermon on the mount to know what He teaches and commands. You are making up you own doctrines instead of reading His Gospel.

Reading the Bible twice in twenty years and spreading your own doctrines is arrogant, dear.
meshak,

I was excommunicated from my home church of 25 years about 6-7 years ago. The passage was Matthew 5:17-20 where I had a dispute, believing God's commands are for today.

I have since learned God's grace. I desire to share this with you, so that you would learn from my experience.

Peace to you.

John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

(#4) Old
Journeyman

Justice Duck will become famous soon enoughJustice Duck will become famous soon enough
February 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM

I seem to recall the apostle having some excellent teachings on this subject...

(#5) Old
TOL Subscriber

meshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputationmeshak has a large reputation
February 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
meshak,

I was excommunicated from my home church of 25 years about 6-7 years ago. The passage was Matthew 5:17-20 where I had a dispute, believing God's commands are for today.

I have since learned God's grace. I desire to share this with you, so that you would learn from my experience.

Peace to you.
Christianity is all about being obedient to Jesus. Read His gospel.

His teachings and commandments are very simple and you are muddying them all up. Thats what most mainstreamers do; muddying up simple teachings and make up false gospel..

(#6) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
February 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
meshak,

Peace to you.
Meshak does not care what you have to say. It's all about her.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

(#7) Old

February 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Duck View Post
I seem to recall the apostle having some excellent teachings on this subject...
Do you mean the apostle Paul? Which apostle?

(#8) Old

February 18th, 2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Christianity is all about being obedient to Jesus. Read His gospel.

His teachings and commandments are very simple and you are muddying them all up. Thats what most mainstreamers do; muddying up simple teachings and make up false gospel..
You are welcome to address anything you believe to be false.

(#9) Old
TOL Subscriber

February 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
You are welcome to address anything you believe to be false.
Like I already told you tons of times, you are muddying simple teachings.

Read Jesus' teachings.

(#10) Old

February 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Like I already told you tons of times, you are muddying simple teachings.

Read Jesus' teachings.
I just read Matthew 5-7 like you suggested.

Your rebuke is unintelligible to me, and has been repeated. But perhaps I can learn more from someone else as is proper. I thought you were a man and rebuking me, which rebuke I would accept. But I was wrong. I can still learn from you to read Jesus' teachings. May your authority extend to the people in your household. Blessings.

The indistinction in what you are saying troubles me.

May God's peace be with you. Shalom.

(#11) Old
Journeyman

Justice Duck will become famous soon enoughJustice Duck will become famous soon enough
February 18th, 2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Do you mean the apostle Paul? Which apostle?
Yes, I don't know why it never showd...

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

keypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peers
February 18th, 2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
meshak,

Peace to you.
Many years ago I got hung up on the same verse and also had problems with the church and family. But I felt then, and still do, you have to go with what you think God expects of you. God's commands are for all men for all time. They point to love. Love is the fulfillment of his commandments. I believe in grace also, but our hearts should be filled with love for his law.

God Bless

Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

(#13) Old
Over 1000 post club

JonahofAkron is making a name for themselvesJonahofAkron is making a name for themselvesJonahofAkron is making a name for themselvesJonahofAkron is making a name for themselvesJonahofAkron is making a name for themselvesJonahofAkron is making a name for themselvesJonahofAkron is making a name for themselves
February 19th, 2012, 07:28 AM

Jesus' commands are Torah. That the simple part. Meshak muddies them with her particular brand of self righteousness.

(#14) Old

February 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM

Loving Jesus and keeping His commandments

(#15) Old
TOL Subscriber

keypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peerskeypurr is well respected by his peers
February 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM

What Jesus taught was the same as what his God put on the stones given to Moses. Jesus came to help explain their meaning to us and write them in our heart.

Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Tags
god's commands, jesus, obedience, obeying jesus, salvation in christ