TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page Act of Valor Movie
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
Act of Valor Movie - February 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM

Anyone see it yet??

Going tonight....CAN'T WAIT!

Discuss here...

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

(#2) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM

I will get the DVD. I hope it is better than "The Unit".

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#3) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM

God bless our navy seals and all of our military members.

FPS Russia movie review

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Last edited by serpentdove; February 24th, 2012 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: post error

(#4) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM

What's not to love about a war movie that doesn't have limp wristed Hollyweird actors playing the part of Navy Seals?

I'll be seeing it in a movie theater soon.

Satan's biggest lie is trying to convince the world he doesn't exist. The Homosexual Movement's biggest lies are that they're not a threat to freedom of speech and religion, and that they're not after our children.

(#5) Old
Conjunction junction, what's your function?

The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM

I wonder how many famous actors, past or present, have been combat veterans.

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

(#6) Old
Let's roll!

Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
I wonder how many famous actors, past or present, have been combat veterans.
Being a Texas lady, the first one comes to mind is Audie Murphy.

(#7) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
Being a Texas lady, the first one comes to mind is Audie Murphy.
You should have added "and only".

Satan's biggest lie is trying to convince the world he doesn't exist. The Homosexual Movement's biggest lies are that they're not a threat to freedom of speech and religion, and that they're not after our children.

(#8) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Going to see it tonight at 9:50...can't wait.

And be gracious to you;
And give you peace.

(#9) Old
Let's roll!

Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM

Don't know if any of these guys were involved in actual "combat", but they did serve.

Henry Fonda

Humphrey Bogart

Elvis Presley

James Stewart

Charles Bronson

(#10) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

February 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM

I like James...he seems to have been an upstanding gentleman.

And be gracious to you;
And give you peace.

(#11) Old
Resident Gadfly.

Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 02:10 PM

Clark Gable served too.

I'm really surprised actual SEALs participated on film--usually these guys try to keep a much lower profile.

If you don't do as He told you don't expect me to listen.

Chances are you're actually a Paulist.

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

noguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascowboy View Post
Anyone see it yet??

Going tonight....CAN'T WAIT!

Discuss here...
It looks really good. I want to see it. Please tell me how it was.

Militant Moderate

(#13) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

February 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noguru View Post
It looks really good. I want to see it. Please tell me how it was.
You'll get my honest assessment.

And be gracious to you;
And give you peace.

(#14) Old
TOL Subscriber

noguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peers
February 24th, 2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
I will get the DVD. I hope it is better than "The Unit".
I agree. I first watched "The Unit" when I lived in Honduras for six months. Because the selection of DVDs available was very limited, I liked it then. When I got back to the US, I watched it again. It then seemed very mediocre compared to the other options available.

Militant Moderate

(#15) Old
Let's roll!

February 24th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascowboy View Post
I like James...he seems to have been an upstanding gentleman.
James Stewart Entered the Army Air Force as a private and worked his way to the rank of Colonel through what we refer to as "The Peter Principle". During World War II, Stewart served as a bomber pilot, his service record crediting him with leading more than 20 missions over Germany, and taking part in hundreds of air strikes during his tour of duty. Stewart earned the Air Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross, France's Croix de Guerre, and 7 Battle Stars during World War II. In peace time, Stewart continued to be an active member of the Air Force as a reservist, reaching the rank of Brigadier General before retiring in the late 1950s.