TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: Your triune God
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

Closed Thread

(#16) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
God appreciates the fact that I do not involve myself with idolatry.

Jesus Christ is not "God the Son" but "the son of God"

Huge difference, when you learn English you'll see the difference.

oatmeal
I find it more likely that GOD is sad that you are a thundering moron who doesn't even have a vaguely coherent understanding of the point you are trying to refute.

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#17) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
You have unscriptural terminology.

God-man is not scriptural.

God the son is not scriptural.

Fully God/fully man is not scriptural

However,

Man of God is scriptural.

Son of God is scriptural.

God was in Christ is scriptural.

You should speak what scriptures speak, you will learn so much more than you ever thought possible.

oatmeal
Hypostatic union is the Christian doctrine derived out of the Bible concerning the person of Jesus. It is the teaching that in the one person of Christ there are two distinct natures: the divine and the human. The hypostatic union was canonized at the Council of → Chalcedon in 4511 Hypostatic is derived from the Greek hypostasis and is tranlsated as "nature" in the NASB in Heb. 1:3, "And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power." It is translated as "image" in the ASV, KJV and NKJV, "imprint" in the ESV and NRSV.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

(#18) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereigntyIsGods View Post
Not at all. In fact I urge many to question my beliefs. What is revelation and salvation without contemplation?

What bothers me is that you intentionally remain ignorant of the most basic understanding of the trinity. You constantly misrepresent what we believe through slander and dishonesty. You are deceptive and may cause many seeking answers to not come to their own conclusion on the doctrine of the trinity, but rather, misunderstand it because of your childish threads. After all, you talk about the trinity more than anyone else.

Quote:
Not at all. In fact I urge many to question my beliefs.
Well, then I am doing you a service, am I not?

And I am thankful to be of service, not only to you but all others who have been misled into believing that scriptures support a triune God.

I'm not bothered that your interpretation of scripture refutes my interpretation. Does it bother you that my interpretation refutes yours?
Quote:
What bothers me is that you intentionally remain ignorant of the most basic understanding of the trinity.
yes, the trinity is so basic that it is not even found in scriptures, but is found in many pagan religions.

Yes, that is basic.

Quote:
You constantly misrepresent what we believe through slander and dishonesty.
I am sorry if the truth offends you. Truth sets people free.

I am interested in you realizing the full potential of a believer.

Jesus Christ did that.

As a man only, what he did is absolutely the best.

But if he was God, so what? God created the heavens and the earth, so what if he put on a human suit and did a bunch of miracles.

Jesus Christ as the son of God/son of man shows the potential of what God did in forming and making and creating man and why what He did, He declared to be "mere"? NO,, God's work to put man on this earth and the design and abilities of man are what?

VERY GOOD!

Only when people see that what Jesus Christ did he did as a human only, who simply chose to love and believe and obey God, will they see the great potential of what Christianity is all about.

Christianity is God being a Father to those who believe.

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1

(#19) Old
Over 2000 post club

SovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselvesSovereigntyIsGods is making a name for themselves
February 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:

But if he was God, so what? God created the heavens and the earth, so what if he put on a human suit and did a bunch of miracles.
There is a big difference between "A regular dude died for all my sins and I'm considered righteous by proxy" and "God became flesh and died in place of me!! For my sins against Him!"

Quote:
Christianity is God being a Father to those who believe.

oatmeal
No, Christianity is God dying in place of me, and overcoming death in order that I can believe he is my Father. What you're doing is taking Christ out of Christianity.

"God foreknows nothing by contingency, but that he foresees, purposes, and does all things according to his immutable, eternal and infallible will. By this thunderbolt, "free will" is thrown prostrate and utterly dashed to pieces. Those therefore, who would assert "free will," must either deny this thunderbolt, or pretend not to see it, or push it from them." -Martin Luther

"The Church has surrendered her once lofty concept of God and has substituted for it one so low, so ignoble, as to be utterly unworthy of thinking, worshiping men. This she has not done deliberately, but little by little and without her knowledge; and her very unawareness only makes her situation all the more tragic." -A.W. Tozer

"He that has doctrinal knowledge and speculation only, without affection, never is engaged in the business of religion." -Jonathan Edwards

(#20) Old
Journeyman

February 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereigntyIsGods View Post
You are deceptive and may cause many seeking answers to not come to their own conclusion on the doctrine of the trinity, but rather, misunderstand it because of your childish threads.
Indeed.
Acts 20:29-30

(#21) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
February 28th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Hebrews 1

3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

(#22) Old
BANNED

Christ's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselves
February 28th, 2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
I find it more likely that GOD is sad that you are a thundering moron who doesn't even have a vaguely coherent understanding of the point you are trying to refute.
I think it is more likely you are the thundering moron, who can't understand the simple teaching of Christ..... John 17:3 ..... or the teaching of Paul...... 1 Corinthians 8:6 .....

or even the simple concept that Christ means "anointed". God does not need to be "anointed", God does the anointing. God is the originator of all authority, Jesus was given authority, big difference thundering moron.

(#23) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peersoatmeal is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ's Word View Post
I think it is more likely you are the thundering moron, who can't understand the simple teaching of Christ..... John 17:3 ..... or the teaching of Paul...... 1 Corinthians 8:6 .....

or even the simple concept that Christ means "anointed". God does not need to be "anointed", God does the anointing. God is the originator of all authority, Jesus was given authority, big difference thundering moron.
Christ's Word,

They do not understand simple concepts.

They do not want to understand those things.

some refuse to understand those things.

Why?

Fear.

Fear of man.

Fear of the majority.

The majority is in error.

They start with a theory and try to find verses to prove it.

If they would start with simple truths like you pointed out and went from there, they would reject the trinity for the error that it is.

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1

(#24) Old
Over 2000 post club

ttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticed
1+1+1 = 1 - March 10th, 2012, 04:14 PM

I think Trinitarianism follows directly from GOD IS LOVE.

For love to be real, it must have an object for its love. Love without a lover is highly suspect...(I mean think about it. Who is the single god loving? Himself?) A relationship of caring and attention is a necessary part of love.

I know we are getting innured to believing in a void full of formless love from Eastern religions but even they, in the end, admit that love retards the person on his path to nirvanah, one reason I turned against them.

So three members of the trinity in a loving relationship fulfills GOD IS LOVE for me just fine. The fact that Satan got his religions in place with fake triunes first is immaterial.

Now, how do I describe this ONE of THREE?

We have no problem identifying a human as part of humanity because we all share the same human attributes.

What is so strange about identifying the Divine Persons from (some of) their Divine attributes?

God the Father is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

God the Son is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

God the Holy Spirit is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

The Divine attributes of these three people form a complete unity called The ONE TRUE LIVING GOD.

This God is our Creator and the sum goodness of all life. God the Son is also the one we know as God incarnate, the man Jesus.

Ted

(#25) Old
Over 2000 post club

ttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticed
March 10th, 2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
You have unscriptural terminology.

God-man is not scriptural.

God the son is not scriptural.

Fully God/fully man is not scriptural

However,

Man of God is scriptural.

Son of God is scriptural.

God was in Christ is scriptural.

You should speak what scriptures speak, you will learn so much more than you ever thought possible.

oatmeal
I think it is your interpretation of these ideas that is not scriptural. Scripture is more than words in a book.
Scripture also refers to the on-going interpretation from the Holy Spirit with each reborn...

"No one knows what lies at the depths of God but the Spirit of God." — 1 Corinthians 2:11

"The Spirit too helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how to pray as we ought." — Romans 8:26

If He helps us in our prayers, how much more so in our studies of HIS word?

Peace, Ted

(#26) Old
Old Timer

March 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
All truths on the doctrine of God/Christology are not contained in one verse. This verse affirms that Jesus is the risen God-Man, mediator between God and man. It does not negate the 40 verses about His Deity/equality with the Father nor do the Deity verses contradict the humanity verses. A verse about the Father or Son or Holy Spirit is not proof against a triune understanding. Your 6 Arian verses can be answered by understanding context, grammar, incarnation, trinity.

Redundant threads that can be handled under your other ones should get you banned as spamming false teaching. You brought this point up elsewhere and it does not merit another thread.
There are arguably only 6-8 verses which may imply trinity. So according to you they cancel each other out.

So then we can all go home agnostic.

No, Godrulz. You must explain how these verses must be understood. He only gave you one, so let's start there.

(#27) Old
Old Timer

March 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
I think it is your interpretation of these ideas that is not scriptural. Scripture is more than words in a book.
Scripture also refers to the on-going interpretation from the Holy Spirit with each reborn...

"No one knows what lies at the depths of God but the Spirit of God." — 1 Corinthians 2:11

"The Spirit too helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how to pray as we ought." — Romans 8:26

If He helps us in our prayers, how much more so in our studies of HIS word?

Peace, Ted
So how did your studies end up contradicting real monotheism?

Was it from Gentilificatingrationalizations?

(#28) Old
Old Timer

March 10th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
I think Trinitarianism follows directly from GOD IS LOVE.

For love to be real, it must have an object for its love. Love without a lover is highly suspect...(I mean think about it. Who is the single god loving? Himself?) A relationship of caring and attention is a necessary part of love.

I know we are getting innured to believing in a void full of formless love from Eastern religions but even they, in the end, admit that love retards the person on his path to nirvanah, one reason I turned against them.

So three members of the trinity in a loving relationship fulfills GOD IS LOVE for me just fine. The fact that Satan got his religions in place with fake triunes first is immaterial.

Now, how do I describe this ONE of THREE?

We have no problem identifying a human as part of humanity because we all share the same human attributes.

What is so strange about identifying the Divine Persons from (some of) their Divine attributes?

God the Father is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

God the Son is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

God the Holy Spirit is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

The Divine attributes of these three people form a complete unity called The ONE TRUE LIVING GOD.

This God is our Creator and the sum goodness of all life. God the Son is also the one we know as God incarnate, the man Jesus.

Ted
But the 'one' of unity has always been a 'one' of number in the Jewish world view. When Jesus said, "I and the Father are One" he went on to explain what this meant, a 'one' of unity in spirit not number with his reference to Psalms 82. "Those to whom the word of God came." These are the men who were 'elohim' in the past.

The echad of YHWH has always been numerical. YHWH stands alone.
No Son. And no breath/person.

What shlock. If I am wrong then why have "monotheist" as an adjective for the Jew? Even you all three head- worshipers still say you are monotheist. And then dishonestly call the "us" in Genesis plural. If it was then Jews would have been polytheists. By definition.

(#29) Old
Over 2000 post club

March 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM

Been at this while, sholom?

<sigh>

peace, Ted

(#30) Old
TOL Subscriber

godrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peersgodrulz is well respected by his peers
March 10th, 2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholom View Post
There are arguably only 6-8 verses which may imply trinity. So according to you they cancel each other out.

So then we can all go home agnostic.

No, Godrulz. You must explain how these verses must be understood. He only gave you one, so let's start there.
There are only a few verses with explicit triadic formula, but there are hundreds of verses that cumulatively lead to a triune vs Arian or polytheistic or modalistic understanding (the latter views are the ones that rely on a few proof texts out of context or a distorted vs face value reading of the evidence).

www.bible.ca/trinity

Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Closed Thread

Tags
denying christ, oatmeal rejects the truth