TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page Do we have to REPENT to be Saved ?
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#166) Old
TOL Legend

beloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scale
March 20th, 2012, 06:06 PM

dp

Quote:
the BRIDE is not the Body of Christ , but Israel .
The bride is the Body of Christ which is Israel. Christ is espoused to the Church 2 Cor 11:2

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Quote:
We are " in Christ " and Christ does not marry Christ , dan p
Christ and His Body are One, One Flesh. Eve was Adam Gen 5:1-2

1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Then God brought the Woman to the Man later Gen 2:20-24

20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

This pictured Christ and His Bride the Church Eph 5:30-32

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

I see, God has kept you from knowing the Mystery !

"All things turn out according to Divine predestination, "There is no such thing as chance or fortune, nor is there a readier way to gain the fear of God, and to put our whole trust in Him, than to be thoroughly versed in the doctrine of predestination." Philipp Melanchthon

(#167) Old
Over 4000 post club

DAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputation
March 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
dp

The bride is the Body of Christ which is Israel. Christ is espoused to the Church 2 Cor 11:2

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Hi and you are just as bad as godluz , and will never advance in knowledge of the word , just as your understanding of " born again " is a CRIPPLED and bad theology .

I will answer 2 Cor 11:2 tomorrow as I have no time today , dan p

(#168) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
March 21st, 2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
The bride is the Body of Christ which is Israel.
Wrong again, Jehovah's false witness (2 Pe 2:1).

The body of Christ is the true church. The body of Christ: identified (Col. 1:24), described (Eph. 2:16), Christ, the head of (Eph. 1:22), Christ dwells in (Eph. 1:23).

See:

Satan, Inc. (TOL's heretic's list)

Jehovah's Witnesses

How is the church the Body of Christ? What are the implications of the church being the Body of Christ?

What does it mean that the church is the bride of Christ? Is the church Christ's body, Christ's bride, or both?

What is the church? Is the church a building or a body of believers?

Are Israel and the church the same thing? Does God still have a plan for Israel? How does Israel fit into God's plan for the church age?

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Last edited by serpentdove; March 21st, 2012 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: post error

(#169) Old
TOL Legend

beloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scale
March 22nd, 2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
Hi and you are just as bad as godluz , and will never advance in knowledge of the word , just as your understanding of " born again " is a CRIPPLED and bad theology .

I will answer 2 Cor 11:2 tomorrow as I have no time today , dan p
You are under delusion to believe lies !

"All things turn out according to Divine predestination, "There is no such thing as chance or fortune, nor is there a readier way to gain the fear of God, and to put our whole trust in Him, than to be thoroughly versed in the doctrine of predestination." Philipp Melanchthon

(#170) Old
TOL Legend

March 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM

serpent

Quote:
The body of Christ is the true church.
Yes, Israel, they are the same ! Christ the Head of the Church gives repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel His Church Acts 5:31

31Him[Christ] hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The same as here Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Here Eph 1:7

In whom[Christ] we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

(#171) Old
Over 4000 post club

DAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputation
March 22nd, 2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You are under delusion to believe lies !

Hi , and I now have an OP , on this subject .

Learn how to use STONG'S and VINE'S to see how these words are used and you will not be GULLIBLE to fall and believe that the Body of Christ is the Bride when it is Israel OR believe that the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY is Israel which is not in the Bible !!

What many believe is that Translation , are inspired , an that is a LIE , so put on your BIG BOY PANTS ON , READ John 3:29-30 and LEARN who the Bride , Bridegroom and the Friends of the Bidegroom are in the Wedding Ceremony , dan p

(#172) Old
TOL Legend

March 23rd, 2012, 07:38 AM

dp

Quote:
Hi , and I now have an OP , on this subject .
Hi, and you are under delusion !

Quote:
Learn how to use STONG'S and VINE'S to see how these words are used and you will not be GULLIBLE to fall and believe that the Body of Christ is the Bride when it is Israel OR believe that the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY is Israel which is not in the Bible !!
I know how to use strongs and vines, they say nothing about Israel not being the Church.

Christ is Israel in the Truest sense Isa 49:3, and Christ and His Church are One, So that makes the Church Israel !

Quote:
READ John 3:29-30 and LEARN who the Bride , Bridegroom and the Friends of the Bidegroom are in the Wedding Ceremony , dan p
Its simple, the Bridegroom is Christ, and the Bride is the Church !

(#173) Old
Over 4000 post club

March 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
dp

Hi, and you are under delusion !

I know how to use strongs and vines, they say nothing about Israel not being the Church.

Christ is Israel in the Truest sense Isa 49:3, and Christ and His Church are One, So that makes the Church Israel !

Its simple, the Bridegroom is Christ, and the Bride is the Church !

Hi , and just where does John 3:29 that the Body of Christ is the BRIDE ??

Or , where does Isa 49:3 say the Body of Christ ??

dan p

(#174) Old
TOL Legend

March 23rd, 2012, 02:12 PM

dp

Quote:
Hi , and just where does John 3:29 that the Body of Christ is the BRIDE ??
You mean where does it say its not ?

(#175) Old
Over 4000 post club

March 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
dp

You mean where does it say its not ?

Hi , and lets try again , JUST where in John 3:29 does the verse mention the Body of Christ ??

You know the answer !!

Try again ??

dan p

(#176) Old
TOL Legend

March 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
Hi , and lets try again , JUST where in John 3:29 does the verse mention the Body of Christ ??

You know the answer !!

Try again ??

dan p
Just where in the verse does it mention that the Body of Christ is not the bride ?

(#177) Old
Over 4000 post club

March 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Just where in the verse does it mention that the Body of Christ is not the bride ?

Hi , and you are going in a circle and NO WHERE does Paul say that the BRIDE is the Body of Christ , and you are looking BAD to all who are reading this , dan p

(#178) Old
TOL Legend

March 27th, 2012, 01:37 AM

dan

Quote:
NO WHERE does Paul say that the BRIDE is the Body of Christ
Where does Paul deny that the Body of Christ is not the Bride of Christ ? In fact, He writes very succinctly that the Church was espoused to Christ 2 Cor 11:2

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Quote:
, and you are looking BAD to all who are reading this , dan p
God is reading it, Christ is reading it, and I assure you, I do not look bade before them, but you do !

(#179) Old
Over 4000 post club

March 27th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
dan

Where does Paul deny that the Body of Christ is not the Bride of Christ ? In fact, He writes very succinctly that the Church was espoused to Christ 2 Cor 11:2

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

God is reading it, Christ is reading it, and I assure you, I do not look bade before them, but you do !

Hi , and you do not KNOW how to use VINE'S as ESPOUSED/HARMOZO means to " fit or join " ( from HARMOS , a joint , joining ; the root AR , signifying to fit !!

Husband , ANER , here means MAN !!

All should know that all believers today are " in Christ " and Gal 3:28 says that in the Body there can NOT be Jew , Greek , slave , and there can NOT be Male and Female for we are ONE " in Christ " , and Eph 2:15 explains , we are a New Man and this explains WHY I had to leave Acts 2 and go to Acts 9:6 !!

The New Man is a new Creation never before seen in the bible or in the Gospels !!

Maybe a reading class would be APROPOS , dan p