TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Theology Online Welcome Center > Newbie Central
Reload this Page Dreams: Why so few people dont beleve in dreams from GOD
Newbie Central Hello, hello, hello tell us about yourself!

(#31) Old
Journeyman

Demon Buster will become famous soon enough
March 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps82 View Post
That was a neat dream Demon Buster. I also know exactly what you felt as you hugged the Lord in your dream. I have felt the same peace and love in his arms within a dream.

I felt it in the earlier dream I shared where a man continued to sit and talk just with me after the other two famous personalities had left. I felt it another time, when a very tall super-natural man held me in his arms as if I were a child... then dove into a pool of clear water, but I found that I didn't need to be afraid when I just rested in his arms. Those feelings of unconditional love stay with you a long time.
I had that dream when I declared to the Lord I would never celebrate a man made holiday again. And I haven't.

(#32) Old
Over 3000 post club

Ps82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peers
March 27th, 2012, 11:26 PM

Well, I guess this thread ends without my discussing the dream I had about which I did learn some interesting things.

Oh well, people just aren't into "special dreams."

(#33) Old
BANNED

sky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peers
March 28th, 2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps 82 View Post
Oh, I misunderstood.
Yet, I've had dreams that I can only attribute to God. In fact, I had a series of four that all came true in order in my real life. That had to be a God thing, because I did not know my future!
No worries. It's just that I have never had a dream like you have expressed that I felt was from God telling me something about myself or my own circumstances. I'm sure that these dreams you have must be comforting in some way.

(#34) Old
Over 3000 post club

Ps82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peers
March 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky. View Post
No worries. It's just that I have never had a dream like you have expressed that I felt was from God telling me something about myself or my own circumstances. I'm sure that these dreams you have must be comforting in some way.
Sky, thanks for the comment. That set of four dreams was my first known experience with super-natural dreams, but they cinched my decision that God is real, alive, and knows what is going on in my life ... even my future. Now, whenever I have my moments of doubting and being alone ... they comfort me because I cannot deny that I KNOW that I KNOW the truth about God.

The dream to which I was referring in my last post had to do with the starry sky of constellations ... that interacted and swirled. I looked back at it and realized that I had stated the last line about the scorpion a little bit incorrectly. A minor thing, but after a manner that takes away a bit from the miracle within the dream.

You see, I did not see a constellation of a scorpion at all ... what happened was this:
The next morning I awoke and the word "scorpion" was in my first thoughts. I kept wondering why I thought of a "scorpion," because I had not seen anything in my dream that even hinted of a scorpion in view. What I saw was the shape of a man and a snake or a dragon. The miracle was completed when someone helped me interpret the dream ... only then did I know the miracle of the "scorpion."

(#35) Old
Over 3000 post club

March 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM

Because I enjoyed the exercise of finding out what my dream of the constellation filled sky might mean ... when ever I share it ... I like to see if anyone wants to know what I found out.

I find it peculiar that usually no one ever asks me about what I discovered when I present an enticement. I figure from this lack of interest that it just may not yet be God's timing to share the meaning of that dream. So I won't.

(#36) Old
BANNED

sky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peers
March 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM

///

Last edited by sky.; March 31st, 2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: nevermind

(#37) Old
BANNED

jeremay is an unknown quantity at this point
March 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM

I really feel the more we draw closer to him the more he will show us, Soul of Guardian, and the more we can do His will in our walk with him.

(#38) Old
Journeyman

March 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Because I enjoyed the exercise of finding out what my dream of the constellation filled sky might mean ... when ever I share it ... I like to see if anyone wants to know what I found out.

I find it peculiar that usually no one ever asks me about what I discovered when I present an enticement. I figure from this lack of interest that it just may not yet be God's timing to share the meaning of that dream. So I won't.
OK what did you find out, I sent you some info as well

(#39) Old
Journeyman

March 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremay View Post
I really feel the more we draw closer to him the more he will show us, Soul of Guardian, and the more we can do His will in our walk with him.
Good call jeremay I have been fallowing my dreams a long time and I really believe the Lord can use them to communicate with us .
He is The Lord He made us so what ever means he choose he can communicate with us.
I have studied dreams, and most of the time I can interpret my own dreams as Daniel did for the Baker and cup bearer .
some info:

The first step to getting your answer is to use the Word. For example, God may show you a dog in a vision. Ina vision, a dog carries two meanings – negative and positive.

Some of the negative meanings for a dog are ‘a person who will tear you apart with his/her tongue; an ungrateful person who will reward you evil for good (Matthew 7: 6; one who is greedy and never satisfied; outsiders, sinners (Isaiah 56: 11; Revelation 22: 15); a backsliders who to their old ways II Peter 2: 22; Proverbs 26: 11.’ The ‘dog’ also represents ‘slander.’

Some of the positive meanings of the ‘dog’ in a vision are ‘watchmen; intercessors who will watch and pray (Isaiah 56: 9 – 10); security personnel; one who guards the king VIP’s or nation leaders.’

If the dog barks at you or bites you, then that means ‘betrayal’.

If the Lord has revealed that it is an intercessor barking or biting, then it could mean that the intercessor is no longer loyal to you; and they are, in fact, ripping you apart with their tongue. This is just one interpretation.

Blessings

(#40) Old
Over 3000 post club

March 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Buster View Post
OK what did you find out, I sent you some info as well

I haven't received any information from you.

Well, it is 11:30 p.m.
I won't start a post about my dream at this time, but tomorrow I should have time.

(#41) Old
Journeyman

March 29th, 2012, 12:27 AM

[QUOTE=Ps82;3021978]I haven't received any information from you.

I will resend it, I think it was to long , maybe it would not go through.

(#42) Old
Over 3000 post club

March 29th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Demon Buster,
I still didn't receive anything from you, but that's okay.

I'm disappointed at the moment. As I began to write about my dream this morning ... I checked the removable disk where I had saved my Word documents from ages past and much to my regret found that the document I had created years ago with all my dreams listed and described is not there! I've looked everywhere to see if I had squirreled away a hard copy of them, but so far to no avail! Oh well, I have the memories and the books still available, but it will just take me longer to write a response from scratch.

After I shared my dream on another religious board years ago... (I even forget its name ... too long ago), Two things were recommended to me by fellow posters to help me with my dream.
1.) A manipulative night time sky site: Cybersky.com
2.) A book: The Witness of the Stars, by E.W. Bullinger; Grand Rapids, MI; Reprint of the 1893 ed. (Most helpful!)
3.) Later on I found another book by Dr. D. James Kennedy. It was rewrite on the same topic: The Real Meaning of the Zodiac; D. James Kennedy, PH.D.; Special TBN edition; 1989.

First a recap of the dream with a correction regarding the last line of my previous post:

A nighttime sky appeared before my eyes in a dream. As I looked at it filled with all its stars, I fully understood that I was looking at particular constellations. I did not have the helpful elementary planetarium drawings overlaid upon them, so I was surprised that I understood for the most part that these were constellations of significance. Even so I wasn't very certain of their identities. I really do not know very much more about constellations than what an elementary student might learn at a planetarium.

There were two main constellations upon which I was focusing. One was of a man with his arm raised having a sharp tool in his raised hand. I did not know if the man had his face to me or his back so I was not sure whether the tool was in his left or right raised arm. Yet, the man struck downward with that arm, and when he did the other constellation began to whirl wildly.

That other constellation was above the man's head with its head very slightly toward my left. It looked more like a roller coaster than anything else, but when the man struck downward it began to swirl around like a coiled snake and then unrolled and disappeared as it fled from my view.

When I awoke the next morning, the first thought that came to my mind was the word "scorpion." I found it confusing - since the dream I remembered from the night had definitely not been about a scorpion.

This confusing revelation left me wanting to answer the curious question of: Why would I have been given the thought of a scorpion after a particular dream that didn't relate to a scorpion?

My later finding the exact answer to this question would play an important role in proving to me that my dream was definitely divinely inspired.

Here is what I found out and how:
I forget if I bought the Bullinger book or went to the Cybersky site first ... so this is relayed the best I can remember.
I think I went to the Cybersky.com site first and with my limited computer skills began to manipulate the positions of the stars ... this time with drawn overlays over the constellations.

Suddenly I saw the exact nighttime sky portrayed in my dream with the constellations in the same position. This research on my part helped me learn the identity of the constellations. (Oh shoot, I'd have to go back to Cybersky to see if the names were the same as the ones I'm about to use now. Just did and failed at downloading the free trial and was afraid that I'd wind up somehow spending the $34.95 to do that ... so I'm winging my memory.)

The names I will be using for the two constellations are names that I discovered in the book by Bullinger. In that book there was also a map provided where I found the two pictured there as well. That's why I'm not now sure whether I went to the book or the website first... oh well.

The roller coaster constellation is Draco and the man is Bootes. According to the drawings on the map the man was facing me; so, the tool he had in his raised left hand was a cycle. He had struck downward with that cycle... and Draco began to swirl and to finally speed out of sight.

Guess, what was just below the universal horizion on the map... mostly out of sight as the sun might be as it is just peaking from behind the earth's horizion! It was Scorpio!

Then I understood why scorpion was connected to my dream. This revelation is what let me know that my dream was special. I had a dream and a word of knowledge that tied things together as super-natural! All this was revealed on the map in the book!

I tried to go back to my free-trial version of Cybersky and manipulate the charts to see if I could determine a date when the night sky would look just like my vision in my dream over my house, but sadly - then and still - now I remain challenged by internet skills. I think I figured years ago that it was around August / September... but without my lost file I don't remember the year I had my dream any more!!!!

This post is long enough. In a separate post I'll tell you what I learned about the identities of ancient Draco and Bootes and the story that unfolds. For me it was and is just - WOW!

(#43) Old
Over 3000 post club

March 29th, 2012, 04:25 PM

Now for the story of Draco and Bootes as told by Bullinger in 1893.

He researched the stars and believed that the Bible indicates that the stars were used by ancient people to reveal matters pertaining to God's plans for his creation. He referenced Psalm 19 and quotes found in Job 9:9 and 38:31,32; Isa. 40:26 and Psalm 147:4 for a few.

He concluded: "When we read the whole passage (Psalm 19) and mark its structure, and note the words employed, we are emphatically told that the heavens contain a revelation from God; they prophesy, they show knowledge, they tell of God's glory, and set forth His purposes and counsels."

He relates in his book that the sky with its ancient constellations can be read like a set of encyclopedias. There are three volumes or individual books, and then inside each of those volumes are chapters and in those chapters are the topics and under those topics are subtopics.

Well, not to get confusing I will start with Book ONE, which is called:
The Redeemer (His first Coming- "The sufferings of Christ"

The first chapter is: The Prophecy of the Promised Seed of the Woman
The three main topics are:
1. Coma ( The woman and child - The Desired of all the nations)
2. Centaurus (The Centaur with two natures, holding a spear piercing a victim) The despised sin offering.
3.) Bootes (A man walking bearing a branch called Arcturus, meaning the same). He Cometh.

These three topics of the first chapter are actually more like a foreword or an outline that describes what will be discussed in the THREE VOLUMES.

For instance Topic 1 of chapter ONE is a foreword for the topic of the rest of book one.
Topic 2 is a foreword for the topic that will be discussed in book two.
Topic 3 (Bootes - He cometh) is a foreword for the topic of book three.

So according to Bullinger the first chapter of the first book summerizes the - "Person of the Promised Seed from the beginning to the end, from the first promise of the birth of the Child in Bethlemhem, to the final coming."

Look carefully - you'll see the story of our Lord Jesus from the mother and child ...to the defeat of Satan through the cross ... to his being the ONE yet to come.

Well, now that we know that my dream involves Bootes (The one to come) let's fast forward to Volume three:
The Redeemer - (His Second Coming - "The glory that should follow"

The theme of the book according to Bullinger is:
Redemption completed, and consummated in triumph... not to suffer but to come in glory... a time of power and judgement in earth ... and the subduing of all enemies under his feet.

This Volume Three has four chapters:
1.) Messiah, The Coming Judge of All the Earth
2.) Messiah's Reign as Prince of Peace
3.) Messiah's Redeemed Possessions
4.) Messiah's Consummated Triumph

The fourth chapter or topic is about Hydra (The Serpent) That old Serpent - the Devil, destroyed.

I happen to believe that Draco the dragon is also that old Serpent Hydra, and if I am correct, which the map in Bullinger's book indicates, then my dream suggests that we are in the first phrase of the end times.

I've decided that when The ONE that cometh struck downward with his harvesting cycle ... this signaled that Satan's time is short... and final judgement is coming.

I believe that Bullinger's book supports my ideas ... so, if we fast forward to chapter four and find the sub topics with their details about Hydra (the Serpent - which I saw in my dream as roller coaster shape that began to swirl and coil and then uncoil out of sight), then perhaps there will be some insight as to the signal of what is to come.

Bullinger says:
Now for the fulfillment of many prophecies pictured in the heavens. In the cluster of the final three constellations we see the complete destruction of the Old Serpent, and all his seed, and all his works.

BTW, according to Bullinger the ancient names of the stars making up the constellations also can be interpreted and can reveal details about the future. The brightest star within Hydra is sometimes called - Cor Hydrce ... its ancient name was Al Phard (Arabic), and means - the separated, put away.

He suggests that we look at the last two constellations clustered near Hydra ... and they are:
Crater (The Cup) The cup of divine wrath poured out upon him.
Corvus (The Raven) The birds of prey devouring the serpent

Well, you might see now why this particular dream excites me so.
1.) Knowing nothing much about constellations, I was given a vision of a cluster of them proportionally and positionally correct.
2.) Knowing that I would not grasp the miracle of the dream on my own, God gave me a word of knowledge about the scorpion that was out of sight in my vision.
3.) God substantiated the truth and the interpretation by leading me through others to books and websites that revealed the detailed information I needed.

But sadly, most people think I ate food too spicy or something ... and had a silly dream.
Why do so few people not believe in dreams from God?

Last edited by Ps82; March 29th, 2012 at 11:18 PM..

(#44) Old
Over 3000 post club

March 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM

Hope I didn't bore anyone - with all my details!

Last edited by Ps82; March 29th, 2012 at 05:18 PM..

(#45) Old
Journeyman

March 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Hope I didn't bore anyone - with all my details!
LOL love it , its what I tried to send you...with pictures...