TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Theology Online Welcome Center > Newbie Central
Reload this Page Dreams: Why so few people dont beleve in dreams from GOD
Newbie Central Hello, hello, hello tell us about yourself!

(#91) Old
TOL Subscriber

Ps82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM

The Third book is said to be about the conclusion of the Heavenly Revelation. Its subject is Redemption completed in triumph. Sorrow, suffering, conflict gone. No more "the bruising of the heel of the Redeemer." No more humiliation and sufferings of Christ.

This book has four chapters associated with four constellations:
Messiah, The Coming Judge of All the Earth - Taurus the Bull (Messiah coming to rule)
Messiah's Reign as Prince of Peace - Gemini - The twins (The twofold nature of the King)
Messiah's Redeemed Possessions - Cancer - The crab (The possessions held fast)
Messiah's Consummated Triumph - Leo the Lion (The Lion of the Tribe of Judah aroused for the rending of the Enemy.

Well, I'm assuming that my dream may have marked the beginning or the opening of the third book ... so chapter one seems like a good place to start.

I find it interesting that this chapter talks about a river of wrath ... because I also had a dream (which I shared already on this thread) about a river full of violent men swimming and traveling in boats with alligators too. All were seeking to harm people.

Must stop for dinner.
Back soon.

(#92) Old
Journeyman

Demon Buster will become famous soon enough
April 7th, 2012, 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=Ps82;

I still believe that my dream must have marked that a signal was given in the heavens regarding the beginning of the "end times"

In my experience the dream is about the person having the dream making changes in ones life. don't want to through a wrench into the works, but the Lord did say no person knows the day or time or season, though your dream is interesting I still believe its about you and your life not the end times. you can get all the information about it all and make changes in your life to draw your self closer to the Lord, then you will see what he is doing in your life to draw others closer to him.

Blessings

(#93) Old
TOL Subscriber

Ps82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peers
April 7th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Now to look at Chapter One - Taurus the Bull / Messiah, the coming Judge of all the earth and its three subtopics:
Orion - Light breaking forth in the person of the Redeemer.
Eridanus - (The River of the Judge) Wrath breaking forth for His enemies.
Auriga - (The Shepherd) Safety for the Redeemed in the day of that wrath.

Introduction: Taurus - the Bull
From its various names over many years in many cultures and languages it is associated with some of these interpretations:
One who saves or delivers, the head chief, coming and ruling, loftiness, exaltation, power, and pre-eminence.

When looking at the names of the stars within Taurus we find these interpretations:
The name for the brightest star in the bulls eye means leader or governor, and Pleiades that means wounded or slain, the congregation of the judge or ruler... and somehow it also refers to booths.
Other stars mean: congregated, belonging to the judge; foundation, the abundance, the center, turned on or rolled around.

Bullinger gives several scriptures where he has found a connection between language terms the names of the stars. Deut. 33:5; Ps44:5;
Isa. 13:11-15; Isa34:2-8; Isa 26:21.

He concludes that the first topic after the introduction makes it clear that it is not a bull that is coming, but rather a man - which he interprets as The Son of Man.

Orion - the glorious one. His various historical names have meanings like:
this is he who triumphs; coming forth a light; the light of heaven. Job 9:9; Job 38:31, Amos vs 8 mentions him (Hebrew Chesil - a strong one, a hero, or giant).

The names of the stars in him give us clues about him:
the coming of the branch
the foot that crusheth
quickly coming or swiftly destroying
the wounded One
the mighty; the ruler; the strong

Suggested scripture:
Isa 42:13,14
Isa 60:1-3
Psalm 19:9
Isa 40:5

This all leads to Eridanus, The River of the Judge - The river of wrath breaking forth for His enemies.

Must read more now. Hope this is not too boring.

(#94) Old
TOL Subscriber

April 7th, 2012, 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=Demon Buster;3033854][QUOTE=Ps82;

I still believe that my dream must have marked that a signal was given in the heavens regarding the beginning of the "end times"

In my experience the dream is about the person having the dream making changes in ones life. don't want to through a wrench into the works, but the Lord did say no person knows the day or time or season, though your dream is interesting I still believe its about you and your life not the end times. you can get all the information about it all and make changes in your life to draw your self closer to the Lord, then you will see what he is doing in your life to draw others closer to him.

Blessings[/QUOTE]

Well, if my dream is about me then that ole Serpent had better watch out - cause I have power over him. And if I follow the trail of Bullinger's book, then there are a lot of people around me that are in for some trouble.

(#95) Old
Journeyman

April 8th, 2012, 01:24 AM

Hi Ps82 , Its all about information the more we have the less someone can dispute it. we arm ourselves with GODS knowledge and then shair with others.

Pack up all the worldly ideas and ways and fallow Jesus.

digging deeper to get the truth not just fallowing someone else.

Blessings

(#96) Old
Journeyman

April 8th, 2012, 02:01 AM

Hi Ps82 , Its all about information the more we have the less someone can dispute it. we arm ourselves with GODS knowledge and then shair with others.

Pack up all the worldly ideas and ways and fallow Jesus.

digging deeper to get the truth not just fallowing someone else.

Blessings

(#97) Old
Journeyman

April 8th, 2012, 05:53 AM

Reading commentairy on Revealation by E W Bullinger so far its good reading....
link
http://books.google.com.hk/books?id=...epage&q&f=true

(#98) Old
TOL Subscriber

April 8th, 2012, 06:15 AM

I'm beginning to think that you don't believe that God communicates to us about the world through dreams and visions.

Yes, dreams can be personal in nature ... I've had those.
But, the way I see it, some dreams are super-naturally real and different from those.

I admit that I don't grasp the reason why God would have give ME such a symbolic dream of constellations, but I do know that other people pointed me in directions that have explained a lot of things for me.

(#99) Old
Journeyman

April 9th, 2012, 04:45 AM

[QUOTE=Ps82;3034103]I'm beginning to think that you don't believe that God communicates to us about the world through dreams and visions.

Yes, dreams can be personal in nature ... I've had those.
But, the way I see it, some dreams are super-naturally real and different from those.

yes I do agree with this statements ...Yes, dreams can be personal in nature and if you feel it is then go for it...I believe I made a statement about that dreamit early in our conversations.. the reason to have this tread is to help people understand there dream better. meany people in Gods word had prophecies, visions, and dream occurrences .
I had a dream last night...I was with a women I was helping her to get a train she did not have enough money so I gave her a 25.000 note to catch her train the note was purple in collar, the women in my dream though she was not my wife in real life I felt in the dream she was my wife..

blessings

(#100) Old
TOL Subscriber

April 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Well, all the details in the Bullinger book, volume 3, became too overwhelming to share.
I guess what I should focus upon are the three that were important to my dream.

Draco, Bootes, and the barely visible claws of Scorpio.

I have concluded that it was Draco ... and not another constellation found i the Bullinger book called Serpens. Draco was the only one in the correct position above the head of Bootes.

Oh well, where is "my Joseph"? My dream interpreter?

(#101) Old
Journeyman

April 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps82 View Post
erwhelming to share.
I guess what I should focus upon are the three that were important to my dream.

Draco, Bootes, and the barely visible claws of Scorpio.

I have concluded that it was Draco ... and not another constellation found i the Bullinger book called Serpens. Draco was the only one in the correct position above the head of Bootes.

Oh well, where is "my Joseph"? My dream interpreter?
Its the best course to take if when you get stuck on something the best interpreter is the Lord, a quote from Genesis 40 8 Then Joseph said to them, Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams.
bring all your thoughts and worries and ambitions before the Lord
I will ask of the Lord for you also have a great day

Blessings.

(#102) Old
Journeyman

April 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM

Bump

(#103) Old
Strefanash

I am no cessationist as regards the gifts of the Spirit, and I have had visions. My background is charismatic movement. But I have been infected with the modern psychological mindset which regards dreams as mere inner workings of the mind. Chances are if God spoke to me in a dream I would ignore it, regarding it as mere psychology.

This may be why many people no longer believe in dreams

(#104) Old
Journeyman

foundsheep will become famous soon enoughfoundsheep will become famous soon enough
May 22nd, 2012, 09:09 PM

When I was a teenage boy, I saw three events on one dream. The first was a great earthquake, then a smoke coming from the depth of the earth, then angel-like winged creatures flying in the night sky.

A real earthquake happened in less than 48 hours after the dream. It claimed hundreds of lives, maybe thousands (I can't remember the exact figure). The gigantic smoke happened in form of a volcanic eruption a year later.

I witnessed firsthand the first two events at the time those happened in real life. I'm still wondering if the third one will ever happen, since it appeared more like supernatural compared to the first two events in that dream.

(#105) Old
Journeyman

Burning Bush will become famous soon enoughBurning Bush will become famous soon enough
May 23rd, 2012, 06:56 AM

I've only had time to read the first page of this thread (will read more later today), but I just wanted to say AMEN, yes He does give dreams and visions to people today. He is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow and no respector of persons, therefore we have a right to expect the same treatment.

The only limitations are what we place on ourselves through fear and unbelief, or allow carnally minded men to place on us, as a fowler's net to "trap" our spirit man.