TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page Food and Oil To Run Out Within 50 Years?
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

(#16) Old
TOL Subscriber

Frank Ernest is well respected by his peers
Frank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peers
April 16th, 2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
Hey, that could solve both problems.

Psalm 144

(#17) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
April 16th, 2012, 05:13 AM

We will have rising fuel and oil costs if we continue to burn CHO as fuel, instead of pump HC from the ground.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#18) Old
Gold level Subscriber

fool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peers
fool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peersfool is well respected by his peers
April 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
We will have rising fuel and oil costs if we continue to burn CHO as fuel, instead of pump HC from the ground.
Can you run that by us again?

Everyman is a voice in the dark.
I II III IV

(#19) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
April 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditio View Post
I read several articles like this one this morning. It's not just the one article. There's a wikipedia page on oil depletion.

This strikes me as particularly worrisome. What do you think will happen?
Whups, I think I found a pile of manure with my boot. The fear mongering has been going on for decades and piling higher and higher. I've grown up with the stench of it in my own home and have learned to reject it for what it is. Why I could fertilize all of Minnesota with it and we would have corn enough for a century!

(#20) Old
~Peace if possible, but truth at any rate~

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
April 16th, 2012, 11:10 PM

We have tons of oil, we just aren't allowed to go after it.

If we were allowed to, oil prices would drop like a rock.

"Jesus warned that we would face times when people would seek to silence us, believing that they were doing their god a service. In much of the world, that god is called "Allah." Here, in the U.S., that god is called "tolerance." And folks, we are witnessing more and more every day the god of tolerance is a very jealous god indeed." - John Stonestreet

Psalm 12:8 The wicked strut about on every side When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Psalm 40:5
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation

(#21) Old
Over 1000 post club

highlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enough
April 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
We have tons of oil, we just aren't allowed to go after it.

If we were allowed to, oil prices would drop like a rock.
The real question is do we want oil and more importantly automobile gas prices to drop like a rock?

Sure it would be nice to have 99 cent/gal gas but it would be nice for the rest of the over population as well. People are not as willing to have kids when they cant afford food or gas.

Do you really want congestion worse than it is right now, if gas were 1$/gal I would not want to leave my house as the roads would be congested all hours of the day and night 10 times worse than it is now.

(#22) Old
TOL Subscriber

Frank Ernest is well respected by his peers
Frank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife View Post
The real question is do we want oil and more importantly automobile gas prices to drop like a rock?

Sure it would be nice to have 99 cent/gal gas but it would be nice for the rest of the over population as well. People are not as willing to have kids when they cant afford food or gas.

Do you really want congestion worse than it is right now, if gas were 1$/gal I would not want to leave my house as the roads would be congested all hours of the day and night 10 times worse than it is now.
As opposed to ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beijing-bicycle-rush-hourB.jpg (46.2 KB, 9 views)

Psalm 144

(#23) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:

It's irrelevent anyway. Prices will not drop like a rock and we will not have $.99 a gallon gas....at least not without some world changing event.

While it is true we have plenty of oil within the U.S. it's very expensive to get to and harder to refine. The whole reason we are going for it now is because the prices have risen high enough to to make it worth while to reach for. It is possible that with enough innovation we may be able to get to this oil cheaper over time but this is likely to be offset by other factors.

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#24) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ernest View Post
As opposed to ...
How is my Crown Vic supposed to get down the road with all those stupid bicyles in the way!?!?

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#25) Old
TOL Legend

OMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 07:05 AM

There will always be Oil because that is what the Planet produced
as it Cooled over millions of years.

The Famines will be in other countries along with the many wars.

The USA economy will gradually get better until 2030 AD.

Re 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say,

A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny;

and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

(#26) Old
Over 1000 post club

highlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enoughhighlife will become famous soon enough
April 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
It's irrelevent anyway. Prices will not drop like a rock and we will not have $.99 a gallon gas....at least not without some world changing event.

While it is true we have plenty of oil within the U.S. it's very expensive to get to and harder to refine. The whole reason we are going for it now is because the prices have risen high enough to to make it worth while to reach for. It is possible that with enough innovation we may be able to get to this oil cheaper over time but this is likely to be offset by other factors.
Thats true, economists predict that it will take 7.50$/gal gas to see significant behavior modification.

(#27) Old
TOL Subscriber

chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Thats true, economists predict that it will take 7.50$/gal gas to see significant behavior modification.
let's make it 8 to be sure

a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

(#28) Old
Come at me Bro.

April 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
let's make it 8 to be sure
You be quiet!

~Leonard Cohen

~Ted Nugent

(#29) Old
TOL Subscriber

chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it.

You be quiet!

why not change your behavior before it gets to six?

a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

(#30) Old
Come at me Bro.

April 18th, 2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
why not change your behavior before it gets to six?
I like my behavior the way it is, thank you very much; you change yours.

~Leonard Cohen

~Ted Nugent