TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page Christian or Bigot?
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#31) Old
Patron Saint of SMACK

Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
He really has cooked up quite a perceived conspiracy here, he was banned by Delmar not by Knight, then goes into a tizzy when he sees Knight lurking on the thread where I was going at with him about his denial of Christ. Paranoid comes to mind...
What, you don't think Knight gave Delmar the high sign, behind the scenes?

The truth is Knight likes having dissenting opinions here. It makes the place more interesting. Still we are only going to tolerate a certain amount of rudeness.

Your friendly neighborhood Super Moderator!

(#32) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
The truth is Knight likes having dissenting opinions here.
No, he doesn't!

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

"...the waters under the "expanse" were under the crust."
-Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

(#33) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Sum1sOnDrugs
Delmar just said no.

zoo:
Pro-Life

Town Quixote thread (link)
Menu Notice: All soup now served in hats.

(#34) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 07:27 AM

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#35) Old
Silver Member

PureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peers
April 18th, 2012, 08:11 AM

Visiting a public forum about religion, and not being able to handle the insults of idiots, is probably not going to result in a positive experience. I hate to see anyone leave the the site offended, but it's for the best if they can't handle it. People are what they are. Expecting them to be anything else is just an invitation to disappointment.

(#36) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

April 18th, 2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureX View Post
Visiting a public forum about religion, and not being able to handle the insults of idiots, is probably not going to result in a positive experience. I hate to see anyone leave the the site offended, but it's for the best if they can't handle it. People are what they are. Expecting them to be anything else is just an invitation to disappointment.
Aw, I was so hoping you would be a little less convivial about it.

Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

-Bob B.

(#37) Old
:doh:

Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1sGruj View Post
Thanks for demonstrating what I made this thread to show. Your bunch are absurd. How can you even call yourselves Christians when you all are just detestable, hateful hypocrites?
Wait, is it just me or is there quite a bit of irony here?
Quote:
Some posters have taken a liking to, in any and every opposition they meet, calling others “Christ deniers”, "You don't know God", etc.
If you knew God, you'd shut your venomous mouth.

This is a theology site. Take your petty ‘Crusade’ somewhere else that matters instead of behind the confines of a keyboard.

Omniscient without man's say or qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
No possible limitation other than in man's wishful finite inanity Isaiah
40:25 Joshua 24:15
Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. *************************************

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

(#38) Old
TOL Subscriber

Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
Granite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peersGranite is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM

Well, Sum's right, but I don't know what he thought he was going to accomplish here...

Theocrats are Social Darwinists.

He isn't there, which is why he's silent.

(#39) Old
Gold level Subscriber

bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
Exclamation May 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
Wait, is it just me or is there quite a bit of irony here?
The irony is apparently invisible to the ironor?
But, us ironees, well....

(#40) Old
Gold level Subscriber

bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
Talking May 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
No, he doesn't!
I think he does!

(#41) Old
BANNED

Sum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselves
May 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM

Got banned for this thread, now I'm back.
*thread revives*

Here's a story: A man gets insulted repeatedly. After a while, he gives a piece of his mind. The others call him a hypocrite.

What's the moral to the story? If the man is a hypocrite, then the ones who originally insulted are double hypocrites because they pointed the man out on something they were doing in the first place.

So you few can blow your trumpets all day., I no longer find it offensive. It has rather become a comedy to me. After all, watching people concede to a lie is nothing short of entertainment. See that Delmar said he only tolerates but so much 'rudeness', but if that were actually the case, none of you would even be here. If I acted the way you did all the time with my beliefs, I would have been banned before my 100th post.

Nobody has the right to use the word *irony* here except for me. You all are a machine which cannot be reasoned with. No matter what one says, you all will continue to do as you have done on this thread. Excuses and patting each other on the back, ganging up on people and convincing yourselves that there is even a mere ounce of integrity in your statements is what you all's gambit is. And that is precisely why I am unsubscribing to this thread, and you can go on and be the 'good Christians' that you claim yourselves to be and continue with your posts

Last edited by Sum1sGruj; May 6th, 2012 at 01:01 PM..

(#42) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
*thread revives*
Weren't you actually banned for attempting to circumvent the ban you'd received for being disruptive prior? I think that's right.

Quote:
Here's a story: A man gets insulted repeatedly. After a while, he gives a piece of his mind. The others call him a hypocrite.
I don't believe that's an accurate assessment of what happened to you. Citations?

Quote:
What's the moral to the story? If the man is a hypocrite, then the ones who originally insulted are double hypocrites because they pointed the man out on something they were doing in the first place.
Too vague to know. Depends. I look at post five in this thread and think, "That fellow should be put in the penalty box at some point." I felt the same way when Sozo lost control of his temper. And so did the administration here, though they were fond of him. So into the box he frequently went.

Method and manner are important in debate and in keeping a cohesive social compact thriving.

Quote:
So you few can blow your trumpets all day., I no longer find it offensive.
A better approach, though the tone so far suggests otherwise. The thing is the argument. A person evidences a want of character there are any number of ways to use that to advantage and to highlight it without evidencing a similar deficiency.

Quote:
It has rather become a comedy to me. After all, watching people concede to a lie is nothing short of entertainment.
At this point, however, you're beginning to sound like the girl who's "over" a boy she still won't stop talking about. Maybe less is more.

Quote:
See that Delmar said he only tolerates but so much 'rudeness', but if that were actually the case, none of you would even be here.
By way of illustration. First, Delmar is a mod. Being disrespectful to a mod is not a very convincing way to illustrate a new perspective and self control. To broadly suggest that everyone else is doing it isn't a way of illustrating maturity, to say nothing of its inaccuracy. Many a poster here is rarely anything of the sort. And you have to distinguish between the rough and tumble of contest and the out of bounds. If you can't do that you need another hobby.

Quote:
If I acted the way you did all the time with my beliefs, I would have been banned before my 100th post.
Supra. It doesn't matter what everyone else is. You're responsible for what you are. It doesn't matter if everyone else was speeding. You still deserved your ticket (and everyone else really wasn't).

Quote:
Nobody has the right to use the word *irony* here except for me.
You aren't a martyr. You weren't noble in your fall. You should try taking responsibility for that alone. Else, if you see a rules violation you're within right to call attention to it.

Quote:
You all are a machine which cannot be reasoned with. No matter what one says, you all will continue to do as you have done on this thread. Excuses and patting each other on the back, ganging up on people and convincing yourselves that there is even a mere ounce of integrity in your statements is what you all's gambit is. And that is precisely why I am unsubscribing to this thread, and you can go on and be the 'good Christians' that you claim yourselves to be and continue with your posts
You don't appear to have learned much. Everyone else is a hypocrite, etc. Now didn't you only just promise not to return? And yet here you are again, dragging that cross behind you (no, the other one).

Scat. Shoo. Begone with ye. If you don't like it here. If this mean old world offends you then there's no law requiring you to fail your word and return to it. And diatribes like the one you unleashed here aren't going to accomplish much beyond confirming for everyone that you're something of doofus.

zoo:
Pro-Life

Town Quixote thread (link)
Menu Notice: All soup now served in hats.

(#43) Old
TOL Subscriber

alwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peersalwight is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
*thread revives*

I know this forum's all about life, the universe, God, gods, eternal damnation, eternal bliss and everything, but relax Gruj it's really not all that important.

(#44) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwight View Post
I know this forum's all about life, the universe, God, gods, eternal damnation, eternal bliss and everything, but relax Gruj it's really not all that important.
It's not?

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#45) Old
Over 2000 post club

Flipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
It's not?

Tags
whiner