TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > TheologyOnLine HQ > Front Page News
Reload this Page Atheist activist becomes "Christian".
Front Page News A view of current events through the eyes of the TOL administrators.

(#1) Old
You talkin' to me?

Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
Atheist activist becomes "Christian". - April 5th, 2012, 09:49 AM

This should be filed under.... if you can't beat them, join them, and destroy them from the inside out.

Remember that atheist activist dude named Patrick Greene? He was the guy that was suing the town of Athens Texas because of their Nativity display.

Then it turns out Mr. Green is ill (he's going blind), which in turn makes it so that he and his wife can't pay their bills. So, some local Christians help him out financially. Apparently this gesture warms his heart.

And in the span of just a month or so this guy claims he has become a Christian.
“There’s been one lingering thought in the back of my head my entire life, and it‘s one thought that I’ve never been able to reconcile, and that is the vast difference between all the animals and us,” Greene told The Christian Post on Tuesday, as he began to explain his recent transformation from atheist to Christian. The theory of evolution didn’t answer his questions, he says, so he just set those questions aside and didn’t think about them anymore.
Sounds like a great story eh???

That is until you read the rest of the story....
Perhaps more surprising than Greene’s conversion — which was unexpected considering his past activism — is his plan to consider entering ministry. The Post reports that he may become a part of a liberal congregation and that he may even start his own chapter of the Rainbow Baptists, a ministry to the LGBTQ community. Greene says that he believes the Bible’s original approach to homosexuality has been altered and that he feels strongly about rectifying it.
The guy has been a "Christian" for a month and he believes that the Bible's original approach to homosexuality has been "altered"??? What do you think about a story like this? Doesn't it seem a bit suspicious that a hard-core atheist would make such a quick conversion and already be on a mission to alter the way other Christians view homosexuals?

- SOURCE
Attached Images
File Type: png patrick-greene-266x200.png (84.2 KB, 9 views)

DOWNLOAD the FREE TOL App available for iPhone, iPad, and Android.

Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter

TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

-----------
Bibles for sale | Logos Bible Software 15% Off

(#2) Old
TOL Legend

WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
April 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Greene says that he believes the Bible’s original approach to homosexuality has been altered and that he feels strongly about rectifying it.
Did the author really have to use the word "rectifying"?

Quote:
The guy has been a "Christian" for a month and he believes that the Bible's original approach to homosexuality has been "altered"??? What do you think about a story like this? Doesn't it seem a bit suspicious that a hard-core atheist would make such a quick conversion and already be on a mission to alter the way other Christians view homosexuals?
It sounds like he simply found a more preferable soapbox to from. Yeah, I'd say he's a mole.

Email him and invite him to TOL.....

Remember, you cannot be both young and wise. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say no. But saying "yes" begins things. Saying "yes" is how things grow. Saying "yes" leads to knowledge. "Yes" is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say "yes."
- Stephen Colbert

For anti-theists / militant atheists Warning: some profanity

(#3) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
April 5th, 2012, 11:20 AM

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

"...the waters under the "expanse" were under the crust."
-Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

(#4) Old
TOL Subscriber

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
April 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Sounds like the same vanity that allowed him to feel justified in judging God to begin with is still alive and well. It isn't a matter of if he'll become an apostate, but when. And it appears he's already on his way.

(#5) Old
Over 1500 post club

Jordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticed
April 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM

Used to work with a church in Athens, TX. This guys is just a particular type of person. One who likes to have an opposing stance, something to fight for. I condone his passion and condemn his ignorance.

(#6) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
April 22nd, 2012, 06:07 AM

I feel bad for the cat.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#7) Old
Over 5000 post club

One Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peers
April 22nd, 2012, 07:06 AM

I think we should pray for him, just in case.

(#8) Old
Over 4000 post club

This Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peersThis Charming Manc is well respected by his peers
April 22nd, 2012, 07:15 AM

Hey, I spouted lots of crap after id been a Christian a month.

Hopefully now I spout less.

Give him a few years for God to sort his doctrine out.

...yeah I know I have left myself right open for a kicking here.........

Last edited by This Charming Manc; April 22nd, 2012 at 03:17 PM..

(#9) Old
Over 5000 post club

One Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peers
April 22nd, 2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Charming Manc View Post
Hey, I spouted lots of crap after id been a Christian a month.

Hopefully now I spout less.

Give him a few for God to sort his doctrine out.

...yeah I know I have left myself right open for a kicking here.........
Actually, I agree with you.

(#10) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
April 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM

Sounds so gay. A wolf enters the flock to kill them from inside the fold.

(#11) Old
Gold level Subscriber

glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
glorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peersglorydaz is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Then it turns out Mr. Green is ill (he's going blind), which in turn makes it so that he and his wife can't pay their bills. So, some local Christians help him out financially. Apparently this gesture warms his heart.
Convenient. Most people are well aware that the Christian community will help them out in time of need. His heart wasn't "warmed", his bills were paid. Guess that's heart-warming in a sense, but it sure wasn't heart transforming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight
And in the span of just a month or so this guy claims he has become a Christian.
He's the same old man he always was, and believing we were actually "created" instead of evolved doesn't mean he's suddenly a new creature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight
Yeah, it's beyond suspicious. Reminds me of my nephew. Everytime he goes to prison, he gets that "jail house conversion."

I call it infiltration. The Gay Pride Movement is flourishing, and what better place for tares than to grow among the wheat?

(#12) Old
Old Timer

Cleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselves
May 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM

yeah....while i think it's absurd to automatically assume that someone would convert from Atheism to Orthodox[conservative] Christianity, the fact that less than a month after his supposed conversion he thinks he's equipped for the ministry is extremely suspicious.

Religion can never reform mankind, because religion is slavery.

(#13) Old
Star*Lord of the Spartax Empire

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
May 1st, 2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleekster View Post
yeah....while i think it's absurd to automatically assume that someone would convert from Atheism to Orthodox[conservative] Christianity, the fact that less than a month after his supposed conversion he thinks he's equipped for the ministry is extremely suspicious.
Isn't there a verse that says something about waiting at least two years?

(#14) Old
BANNED

Question Mark acts like a tree huggin' hippy
May 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM

Religion. An excuse for having to die....even old Constantine did not give up the ghost until he was on his death bed...guess it just makes them feel better.

(#15) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
May 19th, 2012, 05:58 PM

He comes across as a lost soul, can you argue with that?

So, what?

believe it!