TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: Saying Yes or No To Sin
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

(#481) Old
~Peace if possible, but truth at any rate~

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untellectual View Post
Here is the word you should look at in Isaiah 53:5...

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...gs=H4148&t=KJV

You may be looking at the NIV.

Isaiah 53:5 (NIV) But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
I use the nkjv, but irregardless he paid the penalty (punishment) for our sin. The penalty is death.

Penalty and punishment are synonymous. For some reason these days people have decided they do not like the word punishment.

"Jesus warned that we would face times when people would seek to silence us, believing that they were doing their god a service. In much of the world, that god is called "Allah." Here, in the U.S., that god is called "tolerance." And folks, we are witnessing more and more every day the god of tolerance is a very jealous god indeed." - John Stonestreet

Psalm 12:8 The wicked strut about on every side When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Psalm 40:5
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation

(#482) Old
Over 4000 post club

lifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2012, 10:27 PM

Have to go. Good night.

(#483) Old
I Pray That You May Know God's Peace In Your Life

Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
Yes, I do believe the people (Jews/Gentiles) who accept the Lord Jesus Christ during the Great Tribulation, will be on the earth during the future Millennial Kingdom when Jesus comes back to establish it.
Is it possible that people who come with Jesus we will meet in the air? Or is that a wrong thought?

John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

(#484) Old

Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
I use the nkjv, but irregardless he paid the penalty (punishment) for our sin. The penalty is death.

Penalty and punishment are synonymous. For some reason these days people have decided they do not like the word punishment.
I think you are saying the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23.

John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

(#485) Old

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
I think you are saying the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23.
I think whatever word, wages, penalty, punishment, its all the same thing.

Some people just do not like certain words for some reason.

"Jesus warned that we would face times when people would seek to silence us, believing that they were doing their god a service. In much of the world, that god is called "Allah." Here, in the U.S., that god is called "tolerance." And folks, we are witnessing more and more every day the god of tolerance is a very jealous god indeed." - John Stonestreet

Psalm 12:8 The wicked strut about on every side When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation

(#486) Old

April 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I think whatever word, wages, penalty, punishment, its all the same thing.

Some people just do not like certain words for some reason.
There is a context for each and every word used. Sometimes people put all their ideas together in their favorite word. Others try to interpret this and evaluate the meaning behind whatever word is being used.

(#487) Old

April 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM

Isaiah 53:10

It pleased the Lord to crush Him - He put Him to grief

Tell me that isn't punishment?

(#488) Old

April 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Isaiah 53:10

It pleased the Lord to crush Him - He put Him to grief

Tell me that isn't punishment?
Maybe not the way we think of punishment.

(#489) Old
BANNED

sky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
This 'kingdom of heaven' and 'kingdom of God' prompted me to start looking for some information and I found this article "The "Kingdom of heaven" versus the "Kingdom of God"... Two kingdoms, or one?" that I found interesting if anybody is interested:

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/157.htm
Thanks for providing the link. I have my own study but it's nice sometimes to read others.

(#490) Old

April 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Maybe not the way we think of punishment.
I don't know how you think of punishment, but i think of it as a penalty.

Does a prisoner who goes free after serving a sentence do so because he/she has paid their 'debt(penalty/punishment) to society?

(#491) Old

April 30th, 2012, 10:42 PM

pun·ish·ment/ˈpəniSHmənt/
Noun:

The infliction or imposition of a penalty as retribution for an offense.
The penalty inflicted.

(#492) Old

April 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM

Angel4Truth,

You are looking at some important details. I am not an expert in these matters.

Untellectual

(#493) Old
Over 4000 post club

lifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peers
May 2nd, 2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Is it possible that people who come with Jesus we will meet in the air? Or is that a wrong thought?
1 Thessalonians 4:17 --- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The word translated ‘caught up’ is ἁρπάζω: to grab or seize by force, with the purpose of removing and/or controlling—‘to seize, to snatch away, to take away.’

So, yes, I do believe that I will be seized, snatched away, or taken away from this earth to the air to meet the cloud of Saints, if I am then alive, and after that will be with the Lord forever.

Last edited by lifeisgood; May 3rd, 2012 at 10:18 AM..

(#494) Old

May 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
1 Thessalonians 4:17 --- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The word translated ‘caught up’ is ἁρπάζω: to grab or seize by force, with the purpose of removing and/or controlling—‘to seize, to snatch away, to take away.’

So, yes, I do believe that I will be seized, snatched away, or taken away from this earth to the air to meet the cloud of Saints, if I am then alive, and after that will be with the Lord forever.
Many say this is not the second coming. And you did not comment on those who are with Christ at his coming. I think there was a verse something like that.

(#495) Old
Over 4000 post club

May 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Many say this is not the second coming.
I personally do not believe this to be the Second Coming of Christ because of the word translated 'caught up' in the verse as I have provided the explanation in the previous post. I have this idea of hearing the Lord saying, "Come up hither." That's how I view this.

Quote:
I think there was a verse something like that.
Same verse 1 Thessalonians 4:17 --- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Quote:
And you did not comment on those who are with Christ at his coming.
My understanding is that they are the redeemed that had died already in the Lord and were already in Heaven with Him (absent the body, present with the Lord [2 Corinthians 5:8]).

Tags
born again, forgiveness of sins, good, salvation, sin