TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page God in man's image?
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old

Eeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peers
God in man's image? - May 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Who came up with the concept that God has an ego and requires the worship of countless subordinate beings?

(#2) Old
TOL Subscriber

chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 03:43 PM

the family is in Their Image

a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

(#3) Old

Eeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Is that a non sequitur?

(#4) Old
Journeyman

Herod The Swiss will become famous soon enoughHerod The Swiss will become famous soon enoughHerod The Swiss will become famous soon enough
May 4th, 2012, 04:38 PM

'If God is in his image, the Almighty must be small...'

(#5) Old
Over 750 post club

Jedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselves
May 4th, 2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
Who came up with the concept that God has an ego and requires the worship of countless subordinate beings?
God.

Isaiah 45:23 --- I have sworn by myself, The word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall swear.

Philippians 2:9 --- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Philippians 2:10 -- That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Philippians 2:11 -- And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(#6) Old

May 4th, 2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
God.

Isaiah 45:23 --- I have sworn by myself, The word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall swear.
That says nothing of eternal praise and the ego of God.

Now you and I could have a good back and forth about Paul. I do not dispute that his words were inspired but I do not worship Paul. He doesn't hold a candle to Jesus and often conflicts with Him. Should we go there?

(#7) Old
TOL Legend

OMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM

Nu 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;

neither the son of man, that he should repent:

But man needs to Repent and Change and Turn around and go the Right Way.

Satan has tempted mankind Long enough.

God wants to make Mankind into Spirit beings in His Kingdom

but Satan says that they are too easily corrupted and

would not make good candidates to Rule the Universe.

God has put forth the Challenge to all Mankind to Resist Evil

and Purify your Minds to qualify for IMMORTALITY.

Ro 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing

seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption,

and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De 10:14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORDíS thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.
1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
2Ch 2:6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?
2Ch 6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!
Ne 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

(#8) Old
Over 750 post club

Jedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselves
May 4th, 2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
That says nothing of eternal praise and the ego of God.
There's a lot more eternal praise and ego in Revelation, true.
Quote:
Now you and I could have a good back and forth about Paul. I do not dispute that his words were inspired but I do not worship Paul. He doesn't hold a candle to Jesus and often conflicts with Him. Should we go there?
Let's take it one step at a time. Lead the way.

(#9) Old

May 4th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
Nu 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;

neither the son of man, that he should repent:
Oh, good choice. Moses at his best trying to explain reality to a bunch of uneducated ignorant slaves. In a way you have touched on what I was attempting to offer. God almighty needs nothing from His creations yet we impute an ego to God. I find that ridiculous.

(#10) Old
Over 4000 post club

Guyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
No one came up with the idea that God has an ego that requires worship from subordinates.

God is worshipped by those who love and respect him as part of a relationship. That relationship is good for those who believe.

People need someone greater than themselves even if their ego's won't allow them to acknowledge it.

Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

(#11) Old
TOL Subscriber

Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Inspired? Conflict?

My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. *************************************

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
chrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peerschrysostom is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
the family is in Their Image
Genesis 1:26

King James Version (KJV)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

(#13) Old
TOL Subscriber

Bradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respectedBradley D is well respected
May 7th, 2012, 01:24 AM

In the image of God. As God has absolute authority over His creation. God has given authority to humankind to be over the other creatures and the riches of the earth. This special privilege makes us more responsible to him for our actions.

(#14) Old
Over 2000 post club

Seydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peers
May 7th, 2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Well first off its the other way around, Man is made in God's image; and secondly who says He requires or even desires our worship? (Psalms 40:6 KJV and 1 Samuel 15:22 KJV)

Have you ever considered that perhaps this is all for our benefit and not for His?