TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page Scarlet A
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#31) Old

Eeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
TH already addressed this in the thread you started today (shortly after mine). I'd like to see it address if you don't mind, please (TownHeretics more than mine). -Thanks,
-Lon

P.S. ask if you aren't sure how he addressed this particular point in this particular thread.
??

(#32) Old
Over 500 post club

Jedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselves
May 4th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
People who revel in their sin instead of abhor it, and take pleasure in license definitely do not have a firm grasp on what the Grace of God is all about.
Disagree Guyver. Disagree.

(#33) Old
:doh:

Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
After a few questions and exchanges you come to a conclusion about his motivation. That's a judgment and it's entirely proper. In fact, we make judgments about people every day of the week. It determines our relationships and with what understanding we approach people. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I don't judge a man's soul, but I do weigh for my own edification the weight and consideration of his thoughts and how those manifest and direct his actions.
He and I would not judge your spiritual condition between you and God.

I, at least, would judge your spiritual condition as it pertains to our mutual edification and that, as TH says, is a right and proper judgement.

Example: If my faith allowed me to drink alcohol with my dinner...
1) I wouldn't want you to judge my walk with Jesus but
2) I would want to be careful with my idea concerning alcoholics or others who might be offended.
3) If I choose not to give it up, it might not be a good idea to live in my home and that's a good and wise judgment call.

So for me, TH's post is a good reminder that we are accountable for our behaviors and can appropriately judge one another. I do agree we can inappropriately judge too, but I'm not sure I'm seeing that in forum. Somebody might question your salvation, but I'm reading them and I, more questioning your prudence and maturity and how that will affect us as a forum community in the short and long run.

Omniscient without man's say or qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
No possible limitation other than in man's wishful finite inanity Isaiah
40:25 Joshua 24:15
Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. *************************************

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

(#34) Old

Eeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peersEeset is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
He and I would not judge your spiritual condition between you and God.
Lon you have no authority to judge. Do you not understand the limits of your authority?

(#35) Old
~Peace if possible, but truth at any rate~

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Lon you have no authority to judge. Do you not understand the limits of your authority?
If you say he has no authority to judge, then you are saying you are outside of the church... or that he is. Which is it?

If you say that he is, then you have judged him.

"Jesus warned that we would face times when people would seek to silence us, believing that they were doing their god a service. In much of the world, that god is called "Allah." Here, in the U.S., that god is called "tolerance." And folks, we are witnessing more and more every day the god of tolerance is a very jealous god indeed." - John Stonestreet

Psalm 12:8 The wicked strut about on every side When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Psalm 40:5
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.

Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation

(#36) Old

Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Yes. I can judge whether you are a good influence or a poor one. I can judge if I'm a good influence on you or not and when to cut that off.

You called a few on this board puritans, that's a judgement. Is any of this making sense to you? I can assess where you are at in your walk with Jesus, that's a bit of a judgment. There is a difference between what we are to judge and what we are not to judge.

A court judge can find you guilty or innocent, but cannot judge your spiritual walk with God. You might be a bit too colorful for my younger kids, that's a judgement. Not all judgements are condemning, some of them are just doing what is the wise thing. Judges decide who gets kids in the event of a divorce. It isn't really a judgment about who is right or who is wrong for the kids, but rather simply what is best for them.

It is my opinion, that this is what we are talking about similarly: Nope I don't judge your walk with God for you, yep I judge how it may help or hurt me or those around me or whether such can be improved.
Knight is actually the judge on this website for posting behavior. I'm simply listening to what is being said and making my own judgements. Those judgements don't really affect you one way or the other unless you allow them to.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. *************************************

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

(#37) Old

May 5th, 2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
Disagree Guyver. Disagree.
He didn't say they don't have grace. He said they didn't have a grasp (understand much).

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

(#38) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
It looks like your only purpose in joining this board is to troll and cause a stir. I predict your stay here is going to be rather short if you don't change your behavior.

(#39) Old
Rookie

May 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Um, so there is no change in a believer at all? He really "isn't" a new creation until glory?
Were you perfectly sinless the moment you trusted Christ? Romans 7:17, 23

Last edited by godzilla; July 8th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: typo

(#40) Old
Over 500 post club

Jedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselvesJedidiah is making a name for themselves
May 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
He didn't say they don't have grace. He said they didn't have a grasp (understand much).
Dear Lon,

I understood him.
I disagree that, "People who revel in their sin instead of abhor it, and take pleasure in license definitely do not have a firm grasp on what the Grace of God is all about."
I rather think that people who abhor their sin think about sin too much Ro7:7, and don't understand or believe the Gospel Ro7:11.
People don't have to take pleasure in license, but it's okay to take pleasure in license 1Co6:12 10:23.

In Him,
-Jed

(#41) Old

May 8th, 2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
We[re] you perfectly sinless the moment you trusted Christ? Romans 7:17, 23
The second verse (23) explains it rather well.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

(#42) Old
Let's roll!

Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
Dear Lon,

I understood him.
I disagree that, "People who revel in their sin instead of abhor it, and take pleasure in license definitely do not have a firm grasp on what the Grace of God is all about."
I rather think that people who abhor their sin think about sin too much Ro7:7, and don't understand or believe the Gospel Ro7:11.
People don't have to take pleasure in license, but it's okay to take pleasure in license 1Co6:12 10:23.

In Him,
-Jed

(#43) Old
BANNED

Sum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselves
May 9th, 2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nang View Post
Oh, no. Another S0Z0!

Your gospel: Jesus died, so I have license to talk dirty; behave any way I like, and offend others with impunity.

Nang
That would be your gospel as well as half the others in this site.

But that doesn't keep you or others from telling this nonsense anyway. It's all part of your facade.
If you want to see SOZO, just look in the mirror or to anyone who defends you. These facades are only offensive to the extent of how obvious they are.

(#44) Old
BANNED

Sum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselves
May 9th, 2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
It looks like your only purpose in joining this board is to troll and cause a stir. I predict your stay here is going to be rather short if you don't change your behavior.

There was a pot who met a kettle
!

The end.

But oh, wait, you have the same beliefs and personaility as themajority on here, so your stay is secured with your blowhard, trolling antics.

(hypocrite) Can't take what you so adamantly give

(#45) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
May 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1sGruj View Post

There was a pot who met a kettle
!

The end.

But oh, wait, you have the same beliefs and personaility as themajority on here, so your stay is secured with your blowhard, trolling antics.

(hypocrite) Can't take what you so adamantly give
There fixed it for you.

I think I hear another whining sound. Oh it's the grudge man. Still whining because he was banned...