TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page why we need more than the Bible
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old
TOL Subscriber

TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
why we need more than the Bible - May 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM

God knew we would need a Church... A Church... (not 50,000 "churches")

God knew that we needed "things" not found in scirtpure... the Real Presence being paramount among those things...

wouldn't u rather be in a loved one's presence than to just receive some short letter from the person?

and wht if that letter was the ONLY one ever sent... and that letter was all you had to connect yourself w/ that loved one...

and that ONE letter written many yrs ago... you just read it over and over so as to feel as close to the person as you could?

...never got to actually BE with that person???

Therefore God gave us, through Jesus Christ, a Holy Church... and despite M. Luther and all his shenanigans... and his followers... ditto... there is only ONE Church founded by Christ

(#2) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputation
May 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetsFree View Post

God knew that we needed "things" not found in scirtpure... the Real Presence being paramount among those things...

wouldn't u rather be in a loved one's presence than to just receive some short letter from the person?

and wht if that letter was the ONLY one ever sent... and that letter was all you had to connect yourself w/ that loved one...

and that ONE letter written many yrs ago... you just read it over and over so as to feel as close to the person as you could?

Therefore God gave us, through Jesus Christ, a Holy Church... and despite M. Luther and all his shenanigans... and his followers... ditto... there is only ONE Church founded by Christ
Yeah and it's too bad the RCC isn't it.

God's called out are one body, not one denomination.

Too bad you don't see that.

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1

(#3) Old
TOL Legend

oatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputationoatmeal has a large reputation
May 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:

The reason that there are 50000 denominations is because there are 50000 errors in Roman Catholic doctrine. Each time some RC discovers another error, a new Non RC church springs up.

Praise the Lord!

oatmeal

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

I John 3:1-2. Prov 14:34 Psalm 133:1

(#4) Old
Over 2000 post club

Seydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peersSeydlitz77 is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Whoever receives the word of God receives Him and has heard His voice. Sure through the ordinances of the Church is the power of God made manifest but don't downplay the scriptures to try and make your Church correct.

(#5) Old
TOL Subscriber

SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Can you be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works with just the scripture?

1. Land forever. Gen 17:8 (KJV)
2. City FROM heaven. Rev 21:2 (KJV)
3. Heavenly places. Eph 2:6-7(KJV)

Don't mix them, leavening the whole household of God. Luke 13:21 (KJV)

(#6) Old
TOL Subscriber

Clete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peersClete is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM

I agree that we need more than the Bible.
We also need Logos (i.e. Reason or Logic)!

Luther put it this way...

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe. God help me. Here I stand, I can do no other."

"Scripture and plain reason", as Luther put it, is the only basis on which we can properly ground true Christian doctrine and right Christian practice.

Resting in Him,
Clete

http://www.theologyonline.com/cletesig.jpg

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Is Open Theism Christian Theism?

(#7) Old
TOL Subscriber

TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
May 14th, 2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
The reason that there are 50000 denominations is because there are 50000 errors in Roman Catholic doctrine. Each time some RC discovers another error, a new Non RC church springs up.

Praise the Lord!

oatmeal
geez.. u seem to have no shame in showing your total ignorance of history...

but ignorance is bliss... so ignore away

(#8) Old
TOL Subscriber

May 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete View Post
I agree that we need more than the Bible.
We also need Logos (i.e. Reason or Logic)!

Luther put it this way...

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe. God help me. Here I stand, I can do no other."

"Scripture and plain reason", as Luther put it, is the only basis on which we can properly ground true Christian doctrine and right Christian practice.

Resting in Him,
Clete
um yeh

but Luther was an excommunicated heretic

who may be burning in Hell right now...

(#9) Old
TOL Subscriber

May 14th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
Can you be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works with just the scripture?
absolutely NOT

i have knowleedge you protestants do not have

i hve been in the Real Presence of Christ

and i have also been outside of that

u cannot say that...

one must be IN Christ in order to be "wrothy of" Heaven... (words are inadquate but whatever...[meaning the word Worthy]})

(#10) Old
Over 1000 post club

Jordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticedJordan Fontenot has been getting noticed
May 14th, 2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
absolutely NOT

u cannot say that...

one must be IN Christ in order to be "wrothy of" Heaven... (words are inadquate but whatever...[meaning the word Worthy]})
Why do you believe a protestant cannot be in the "Real Presence of Christ" as you call it?

(#11) Old
TOL Subscriber

SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
May 14th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
absolutely NOT

u cannot say that...

"Saint Paul" says you can.

1. Land forever. Gen 17:8 (KJV)
2. City FROM heaven. Rev 21:2 (KJV)
3. Heavenly places. Eph 2:6-7(KJV)

Don't mix them, leavening the whole household of God. Luke 13:21 (KJV)

(#12) Old
TOL Subscriber

HisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputationHisServant has a large reputation
May 14th, 2012, 02:29 PM

God started an ekklesia... it has nothing to do with pagan Rome.

(#13) Old
TOL Legend

OMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peers
May 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM

There is ONLY ONE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH .

THE CHURCH OF GOD.

It is a Small Church , not a big one like the Roman Church.

Lu 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY