TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In!
Reload this Page toldailytopic: Are pro sports organizations liable for the longterm injuries that the
TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In! Every day we will post a new topic and we want to get your comments on that topic. The topic could be about literally anything from the vague to the specific, important or trivial. The TOL membership can take that topic and run with it!

(#76) Old
Patron Saint of SMACK

Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM

I am waiting for the defense teams in this sort of case to propose that much of the health damage was due to performance enhancing drugs that the players used in secret. If the teams make this claim, they better be able to prove they were not a part of it.

Your friendly neighborhood Super Moderator!

(#77) Old
TOL Subscriber

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
I am waiting for the defense teams in this sort of case to propose that much of the health damage was due to performance enhancing drugs that the players used in secret. If the teams make this claim, they better be able to prove they were not a part of it.
Unless they knew or should have known/failed a reasonable responsibility to monitor evidenced in their policies on that point. MLB would have a real problem pretending McGwire and Sosa and Bonds looked just fine to them as they put up stratospheric numbers at a point in the career of non steroid using athletes where they DH or fade away, by way of example.

(#78) Old
Over 5000 post club

One Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
Insurance doesn't bring your mental capacity back.
Neither does suing the league.

(#79) Old
Veteran

All12Cylinders has been getting noticedAll12Cylinders has been getting noticedAll12Cylinders has been getting noticedAll12Cylinders has been getting noticedAll12Cylinders has been getting noticedAll12Cylinders has been getting noticed
May 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
My guess is that you didn't play contact sports, am I right?
Well, I'm guessin' the libs on this forum did, the difference is that instead of uniforms w/ numbers, and cleats, they wore pink shorts, leather boots, no shirts, and tassels - oh, instead of stick-em they used lotion. No fist fights, only slap fights and hair pullin'.

One has to be seriously
Pinheaded & newsless to
Espouse & affirm OT
Nonsensical tommyrot!

(#80) Old
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot

kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Eyed Jack View Post
Neither does suing the league.
True. But suing isn't just to pay for the medical expenses. It is in case of actual wrongdoing by the league and teams.

Don't tase me, bro!!
Who would've thought... it figures

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

(#81) Old
Over 3000 post club

GuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peers
GuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peersGuySmiley is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM

I think most players get checked out by their own doctors now, or a doctor for the players union, especially for major injuries. I dont think team doctors pushing players out on the field happens anymore. I think today it'd be more a case of the player wanting to get back out there, because they are competitive, and they may lose their job.

"I believe in Christianity, as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

"Don't believe that there's nothing that's true, don't believe in this modern machine." Switchfoot