TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page DID YOU REPENT IN ACTS 26:20 ?
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#46) Old
I Pray That You May Know God's Peace In Your Life

Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
You asked if Israel needs to repent. So I said if they want their earthly kingdom. And you ask if that is Israel?
It sounds like you are talking in the present, of Israel. I simply wanted to clarify. Some take the idea that Israel needed to repent and say that because of that they are still in debt and need to repent now. As if there is a collective sin that remains since the time of Christ.

Gentiles need to repent.

John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

(#47) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Lazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselves
May 6th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
:
Originally Posted by DAN P
Hi , and just what " works " did you do before your Priest water Baptized you ?

Where is there the Greek word for " water " in Acts 22:16 ??
There is no greek word for water here either, but the baptism had to refer to water as it was with Paul.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Quote:
:
If godrluz could not answer 1 Cor 1:16 , what makes you THINK you can prove that SAUL was Baptized in Acts 9:6 ??

Your CONTEXT is terrible !!

dan p

Act 22:7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 22:8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
Act 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
Act 22:10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
Act 22:11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
Act 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,
Act 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Now--

Under what covenant did you receive the spirit of truth?

Paul was of the house of Israel who washed His sins away by the Holy Spirit in baptism in water as did they of Acts 2:38.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

God commands everyman everywhere to repent--

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

LA

(#48) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Lazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselves
May 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM

Whats the matter Nick M. You have to give neg reps because you refuse/cannot answer the questions.

It is you who needs to be saved.

LA.

(#49) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
May 7th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untellectual View Post
It sounds like you are talking in the present, of Israel.
I think the literal rendering of Israel on Jacob meant "God's people". So the legal partition of land to the descendants of Jacob isn't "God's people", they were divorced by God.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#50) Old

Untellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peersUntellectual is well respected by his peers
May 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
I think the literal rendering of Israel on Jacob meant "God's people". So the legal partition of land to the descendants of Jacob isn't "God's people", they were divorced by God.
I would like to understand your perspective better.

John 1:49 NASB - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB - then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Romans 5:10 NASB - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB - and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Proverbs 2:20 NASB - So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

(#51) Old
TOL Subscriber

SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
May 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
The audience at the Christian Pentecost was mostly Jewish.
When is the Christian Feast of Trumpets? When was the Christian Feast of Unleavened Bread?

1. Land forever. Gen 17:8 (KJV)
2. City FROM heaven. Rev 21:2 (KJV)
3. Heavenly places. Eph 2:6-7(KJV)

Don't mix them, leavening the whole household of God. Luke 13:21 (KJV)

(#52) Old
Over 3000 post club

DAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputation
May 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=Lazy afternoonAct 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

[/QUOTE

Hi , so , explain what Acts 2:38 means ;

The CONTEXT , please ?? Here is your CHALLENGE ??

dan p

(#53) Old

May 7th, 2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
When is the Christian Feast of Trumpets? When was the Christian Feast of Unleavened Bread?
I don't know that what you say shows understanding of the argument.

He is saying the first Christians were Jews, if it is established that Pentecost is a (or the first) Christian event in history.

It has been said that the church began at or on Pentecost.

(#54) Old
Over 3000 post club

DAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputationDAN P has a large reputation
May 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Hi , and it has been SAID , with out proof , it has been said !!

Where are those RASCALLY Acts 2 , prevaricators , anyway ??

dan p

(#55) Old

May 7th, 2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
Hi , and it has been SAID , with out proof , it has been said !!

Where are those RASCALLY Acts 2 , prevaricators , anyway ??

dan p
I don't know what the view is you speak of.

(#56) Old
Gold level Subscriber

May 8th, 2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
:
Originally Posted by DAN P
Hi , and just what " works " did you do before your Priest water Baptized you ?

Where is there the Greek word for " water " in Acts 22:16 ??
There is no greek word for water here either, but the baptism had to refer to water as it was with Paul.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Quote:
Quote:
:
If godrluz could not answer 1 Cor 1:16 , what makes you THINK you can prove that SAUL was Baptized in Acts 9:6 ??

Your CONTEXT is terrible !!

dan p

Act 22:7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 22:8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
Act 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
Act 22:10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
Act 22:11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
Act 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,
Act 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Now--

Under what covenant did you receive the spirit of truth?

Paul was of the house of Israel who washed His sins away by the Holy Spirit in baptism in water as did they of Acts 2:38.

God commands everyman everywhere to repent--

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

LA

(#57) Old
TOL Subscriber

SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
I don't know that what you say shows understanding of the argument.

He is saying the first Christians were Jews, if it is established that Pentecost is a (or the first) Christian event in history.

I was being facetious, as there is no such thing as Christian Pentecost, a term which godrulz invented.

1. Land forever. Gen 17:8 (KJV)
2. City FROM heaven. Rev 21:2 (KJV)
3. Heavenly places. Eph 2:6-7(KJV)

Don't mix them, leavening the whole household of God. Luke 13:21 (KJV)

(#58) Old
TOL Subscriber

jeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peersjeremysdemo is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 06:50 AM

DID YOU REPENT IN ACTS 26:20?

Didn't have too, God already granted me repentance in earlier years...Acts 11:18

thanx for asking tho, at least you had concern enough to give people biblical truth, had I been a king your OP would have been invaluable.

keep shinin

jerm

(#59) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
I would like to understand your perspective better.
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Facts+Abou...ition+Plan.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._for_Palestine

This is why they are called "Israeli" and not "Israelite". They are descendants of Jacob, but are not God's people. They were put aside. Perhaps you need to review Acts of the Apostles, as I think I have mentioned to you a few times.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#60) Old

May 8th, 2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
I was being facetious, as there is no such thing as Christian Pentecost, a term which godrulz invented.
Do you believe the Spirit of God fell on them at Pentecost?