TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > The Coliseum > The Back Alley
Reload this Page It's Star Wars Day, Let's Hate On It
The Back Alley The back alley is were unsanctioned, "no holds barred" battles take place.

(#16) Old
TOL Legend

genuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Learn to read what is written.

(#17) Old
Old Timer

Cleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselvesCleekster is making a name for themselves
May 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM

i wouldn't say i hate it but i'd much rather spend my time watching Star Trek.

Religion can never reform mankind, because religion is slavery.

(#18) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwight View Post
A long long time ago when I was young I went to the Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square London to see the first Star Wars movie. On a super sized screen and with "Surround Sound", I thought it was the best thing ever.
The first space craft flew over us at the start and we all vibrated in our seats, just wow, gasps all round. Then came this massive Imperial battle cruiser which swallowed it up, wows and gasps became stunned silence.
Then the producers realised that they were on a nice little earner and flogged it to death.
At the time the first Star Wars really was the best movie ever imo, but somehow now on DVD even on a large TV in high definition it too sadly doesn't really match my first viewing experience of it.
....and it never will.

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#19) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Do you loathe Star Wars like me?
No. If you were older you likely wouldn't feel that way. The first one was great. The second better. The third...let's just say we could see the fertilizer storm coming in that one.

(#20) Old
Over 4000 post club

Guyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peers
May 4th, 2012, 11:39 PM

ewoks

Dangerous teddybears?!!

Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

(#21) Old
Over 5000 post club

One Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peersOne Eyed Jack is well respected by his peers
May 5th, 2012, 05:20 AM

For the record, Boba didn't die. After having conversations with people who'd been eaten decades before (turns out all that talk about being digested for a thousand years was true), he escaped from the belly of the Sarlacc.

And Yoda was 900 years old. Strong was he in the Force, but not that strong.

(#22) Old
I started a joke

WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
WizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peersWizardofOz is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Eyed Jack View Post
For the record, Boba didn't die. After having conversations with people who'd been eaten decades before (turns out all that talk about being digested for a thousand years was true), he escaped from the belly of the Sarlacc.
Yup! All covered in

All this hatin on Star Wars has ruffled some feathers!

Obiwan Kenobi Charged With Hit And Run In Roseville

Police arrested Kenobi, 37, over the weekend, because he allegedly caused a 5-car collision in Rosevill and fled the scene in his Toyota, reported KSSW.

The wreck caused several injuries, according to media reports.

Darn you dark side

Defining life as beginning at conception would define the unborn child as a life. Thereafter the taking of that life would be murder. Murder in our criminal code and constitutional history is punished by the laws of the individual states. The federal government does not dictate the terms of the state murder laws. Some have longer sentences. Some allow for parole, some do not. Some have the death penalty, some do not." - Ron Paul

For anti-theists / militant atheists Warning: some profanity

Don't forget to tag all threads!

(#23) Old
Conjunction junction, what's your function?

The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Say what you will about the prequels but the Annikan vs Obi-Wan duel blows away all the light sabre duels from the originals!

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

(#24) Old
Over 2000 post club

Flipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peersFlipper is well respected by his peers
May 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Let your hatred flow through you. Give into your hatred.

(#25) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
May 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
I love Star Wars and LOTR

What?! He was encased in carbonite at the end of ESB and was freed in the opening of RotJ. Missed half the saga? Which half?
Ummm, well the good half of the only decent film!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascowboy View Post
For someone who hates the franchise...you sure know a LOT about it.
, I research good sir . No I have watched the films, I don't like them except for the 5th one but I do love the games. I pick up a lot of the story from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
Jar Jar Binks
Hayden Christensen

Those two are hard to defend.
Padme's acting was atrocious too, let's be honest......

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#26) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
May 18th, 2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
If I mastered the force............. I would be able to talk normal.

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#27) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
May 20th, 2012, 11:57 AM

Boba Fett is one of the most over rated movie characters of all time. He should go out in undramatic fashion.

Kids

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#28) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
May 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM

Star Wars Kid

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#29) Old
~Peace if possible, but truth at any rate~

Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
Angel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peersAngel4Truth is well respected by his peers
May 20th, 2012, 12:46 PM

"Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation" - BHO

2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

(#30) Old
Over 6000 post club

March 7th, 2013, 06:03 PM

Of course you do. You're just a little Star Bob Wars Pants. I bet you have those cutrains with Han, the robots and something about an Empire on them!

@ Town Heretic

Well, I may have liked them more if I was blown away by them when they originally came out. But, that would be more nostalgia talking then the films actually being quality pieces of work. IMO

Tags
science fiction, star wars