TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page The Problem with Anti-Trinitarianism
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#256) Old
BANNED

Sum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselves
May 6th, 2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
You made that up. Both in doctrine and traditions, we still observe quite a bit in common and only (10% not). It is you that rejects 95%. That's all you.
Who's the one making stuff up?

Quote:
You have had over 500 years now, to change people's minds. How is that working out for you?
It took Protestants over a thousand years to break from the Church, and now that they have, you all decide to act like the same old white sepulchers that you accused the Church of being. Your extremism is a gargantuan hypocrisy.

Quote:
500 years. You are crying about spilt milk. What have your crowd been doing the last 500 years? Next you are going to blame me personally for slavery. There aren't any slaves or slave owners today, just fyi.
No, just superficial hypocrites.

Quote:
There are lots of anti-trinitarian websites. You chose and still choose to be here, disruptive as you may be...
This isn't 'trinity.com', this is 'theology.com'. And you and others have quite a lot of nerve conceding to each other some lie that it's ones like me that are disruptive and not you all. You all are the ones that have crusaded the entire site with this bigotry and contempt in the first place. Don't start a fire and then whine about getting burned.

(#257) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
May 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
The eternal life was with the Father at the beginning.

Jesus is the word made flesh, not the word before He was born and grown up, who was annointed to speak His Fathers word.

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

LA
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

The 'person' who Jesus is, is the same 'person' whom the Word GOD is in the beginning.

Why do you add or take away from GOD's word?

Quote:
Jesus is Gods son , a man through God and the human race.

Jesus is a resurrected man FILLED with the fulness of God.

Why add or take away from Gods word?
LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steko View Post
We would say that it is you who do just that!

Honor the Son equally with the Father!
Quote:
I honor the son as I honor the Father, but I am not adding to Gods word by say Jesus is a God/ man and is God incarnated when the Bible does not say that.

You can say I add to Gods word but it is I who quotes Gods word and it is you who adds to it.

Do not lie now.

LA
If you honor the Son equally with the Father and believe at the same time that Jesus is not GOD, then you break the commandment concerning the worship of something less than GOD.

Quote:
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Quote:
Is that your only answer to the fact that you add to Gods word to describe Jesus and how God raised up a man in His own image.

First you lie about what I believe then you will not answer the charge that you add to bible words.

It is obvious that you have never seen Christ or you would know that the bible description of Him is true and sufficent.

Shame upon you.

LA
When did I lie about what you believe?

I agree that the scripture is adequate in describing Christ.
I'm very saddened that you don't see it.

Quote:
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

How can you give the same honour to the Son as you give the Father, when Jesus and Moses say that only the LORD GOD shall be worshipped?
Quote:
We honor our Father by doing what He has said in obeying His Son in all things that He says to us to do.

Both Moses and Jesus told us what the Father expects of us.

The example is set in the scriptures---

Gen 41:38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
Gen 41:39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
Gen 41:40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

You ask me a question and I answered you but you will not give an answer to your adding words to Gods word to describe Jesus and the account God has given of His son.

LA
You and I have a long history of this question, going back to when I first joined this forum. I've answered you many times, quite plainly.

Quote:
The Bible does not mention incarnation of a God into human form through Mary, thus producing a God/man.

The Bible does not speak of a pre-trib rapture, or that Gods people are the Jews.

You have wasted your time. God will not bless your lies, no matter how dignified or knowledgable you like to appear before men.

LA

1) What is the plain sense of this verse?

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

2A)

Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Th_5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up[raptured] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Why would Paul say to comfort one another with these words?

2B)
Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Jer 23:8 But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Jer 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.
Jer 30:4 And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.

Jer_31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Joe 3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
Joe 3:21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

Zec 2:12 And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

3A) Yes, everytime that I converse with you, I have the sense that I'm wasting my time.....which is the reason that I often do not respond.

3B)That's very ironic!

(#258) Old
:doh:

Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
May 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1sGruj View Post
Who's the one making stuff up?
It is sad really. You....laughing at statistics that aren't mine. Look them up. I don't care if you laugh, I didn't do that research, somebody else did. You go ahead and think it's nowhere close though

Quote:
It took Protestants over a thousand years to break from the Church, and now that they have, you all decide to act like the same old white sepulchers that you accused the Church of being. Your extremism is a gargantuan hypocrisy.
See, this is why I don't think you are ready for adult conversations yet...
Are you aware, for instance of Eastern Orthodox?

Quote:
No, just superficial hypocrites.
Hmmm, let's see. At first arians died out from infighting. Look it up, it wasn't so much persecution at that time except between your forebearers.
Next, yep, persecution.
Finally? 500 more years in quite a bit of freedom. What is the score? Oh, about .05 of the population and many leaders shown to be ignoramous liars in court proceedings. Yeah, not looking too good for arians. You are young enough, come out from among them. They aren't going anywhere soon so you are purposefully choosing ostracization. It might be the way you want it, perhaps feeling more self-confidence than your grades will allow or because you are a cast-out for some reason, I'm just sayin'...

Quote:
This isn't 'trinity.com', this is 'theology.com'.
Actually it is. It is as blatant as scripture even if the exact wording that dim-bulbs need to actually get the fact, is simply described instead of spelled out.
Quote:
And you and others have quite a lot of nerve conceding to each other some lie that it's ones like me that are disruptive and not you all. You all are the ones that have crusaded the entire site with this bigotry and contempt in the first place. Don't start a fire and then whine about getting burned.
It is you. I've already made that point in another thread, remember?
You even responded in acknowledgement.
It must have been simply convenient for you to have forgotten.

Be honest. Did you really think, after many places that oust you arians on the spot, that this site was not triune? Tell me honestly, did you breath a sigh of relief and say to yourself: "Finally, a place I won't get booted for my single-issue preaching and odd-minority arian ideas I found w/o an education."

Omniscient without man's say or qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
No possible limitation other than in man's wishful finite inanity Isaiah
40:25 Joshua 24:15
Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. *************************************

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

(#259) Old
TOL Legend

genuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peersgenuineoriginal is well respected by his peers
May 7th, 2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
When all of us are in the presence of Jesus and every knee is bowed to Him some day, and all of us are in His presence, I would like to ask God the Father, in the Name of God the Son, with the help of God the Spirit to permit me to see Jesus' reaction when He is told FACE-TO-FACE like some on these forum attest:

'YOU ARE NOT GOD.'

'YOU'RE JUST A MAN.'

'YOU HAVE A GOD.'

'NO, YOUR WORD DOES NOT SAY THAT YOU ARE GOD. IT ONLY SAYS YOU ARE AN IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE.'

'YOUR WORD ONLY SAYS THAT YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD, THEREFORE, YOU ARE NOT GOD.'

Wouldn't it be interesting to see though, what God the Son says?

Romans 14:10-12
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Acts 17:11
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Matthew 25:21
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Learn to read what is written.

(#260) Old
BANNED

Sum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselvesSum1sGruj is making a name for themselves
May 7th, 2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
It is sad really. You....laughing at statistics that aren't mine. Look them up. I don't care if you laugh, I didn't do that research, somebody else did. You go ahead and think it's nowhere close though
The only thing protestants have in common with Catholics is that they gather on Sundays and perform baptisms.
Apples and oranges- that's probably the best way to describe it.

Quote:
Hmmm, let's see. At first arians died out from infighting. Look it up, it wasn't so much persecution at that time except between your forebearers.
Next, yep, persecution.
Finally? 500 more years in quite a bit of freedom. What is the score? Oh, about .05 of the population and many leaders shown to be ignoramous liars in court proceedings. Yeah, not looking too good for arians. You are young enough, come out from among them. They aren't going anywhere soon so you are purposefully choosing ostracization. It might be the way you want it, perhaps feeling more self-confidence than your grades will allow or because you are a cast-out for some reason, I'm just sayin'...
The trinity was the best archaic philosophy could come up with. I can guarantee they couldn't make a case like the non-trinitarian can today, especially when they had to stay on the shallow surface of reason to stay persecution.

Quote:
Actually it is. It is as blatant as scripture even if the exact wording that dim-bulbs need to actually get the fact, is simply described instead of spelled out.
No it isn't. That's just the pure and simple truth of it. You trinitarians say these things perpetually as if to convince yourselves. Your ancient philosophy simply just does not match what is granted today, which is why unitarianism is, in fact, on a slow rise. That's yet another lie you've been pushing- that we aren't getting anywhere. Do you know how many Protestants themselves are venturing to and building churches, reforming your archaic interpretation into something that is more realistic versus stubbornly traditional?

That's all it is- stubbornness and irrationality. Such has caused a decline in Christendom. Why don't you look at those statistics?

Quote:
Be honest. Did you really think, after many places that oust you arians on the spot, that this site was not triune? Tell me honestly, did you breath a sigh of relief and say to yourself: "Finally, a place I won't get booted for my single-issue preaching and odd-minority arian ideas I found w/o an education."
The majority are trinitarian, but that does not mean that you all control the site. It does not mean that you have some sovereignty over people's theologies and assessments on here.

In fact, it just makes you look like a tool.

(#261) Old
TOL Legend

Lazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselves
May 8th, 2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

The 'person' who Jesus is, is the same 'person' whom the Word GOD is in the beginning.

Why do you add or take away from GOD's word?

If you honor the Son equally with the Father and believe at the same time that Jesus is not GOD, then you break the commandment concerning the worship of something less than GOD.

When did I lie about what you believe?

I agree that the scripture is adequate in describing Christ.
I'm very saddened that you don't see it.

You and I have a long history of this question, going back to when I first joined this forum. I've answered you many times, quite plainly.

1) What is the plain sense of this verse?

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

2A)

Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Th_5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up[raptured] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Why would Paul say to comfort one another with these words?

2B)
Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Jer 23:8 But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Jer 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.
Jer 30:4 And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.

Jer_31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Joe 3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
Joe 3:21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

Zec 2:12 And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

3A) Yes, everytime that I converse with you, I have the sense that I'm wasting my time.....which is the reason that I often do not respond.

3B)That's very ironic!
I told you before what you do wrong.

You add words like incarnation, which never happened, to try and put it that Jesus was a consicious God who left Heaven to be a little baby.

That is just plain rubbish from the pit.

You also teach a rapture before tribulation of the endtimes.

Another piece of junk doctrine from the pit.

You also teach that the Israel of God are trhe Jews.

Another piece of evil doctrine.

Yoiu frame these thing by using scripture plus your own private interpretations.

You are commanded to teach only the scripture truths.

and you try to get out of it by saying that my post saying Christ is filled with the fulness of God is also adding to Gods word.

Yes you are wasting your time talking to me because I see your deceptions and you try to hide them.

The church is full of people like you who learn from each other instead of from Christ.

You and yours time are nearly up.

LA

(#262) Old
Over 2000 post club

Gill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticed
May 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
When all of us are in the presence of Jesus and every knee is bowed to Him some day, and all of us are in His presence, I would like to ask God the Father, in the Name of God the Son, with the help of God the Spirit to permit me to see Jesus' reaction when He is told FACE-TO-FACE like some on these forum attest:

'YOU ARE NOT GOD.'

'YOU'RE JUST A MAN.'

'YOU HAVE A GOD.'

'NO, YOUR WORD DOES NOT SAY THAT YOU ARE GOD. IT ONLY SAYS YOU ARE AN IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE.'

'THERE IS NOT ONE VERSE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAID FOR ME TO TALK TO YOU.'

'JESUS IS NOT THE ALMIGHTY.'

I pray that God will be as merciful then, as He is merciful to all of us now.

But you change God's words, to read ''God the Son'' Why?

John 10:36 ERV
(36) So why do you accuse me of insulting God for saying, 'I am God's Son'? I am the one God chose and sent into the world.

Please show me in scripture, with this exact phrase that reads ''God the Son''

I would like to see this exact phrase in scripture

2Co 5:17 Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

(#263) Old
TOL Subscriber

Frank Ernest is well respected by his peers
Frank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peersFrank Ernest is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:

'YOU ARE NOT GOD.'

'YOU'RE JUST A MAN.'

'YOU HAVE A GOD.'

Matthew 10:32-33 (KJV)

Psalm 144

(#264) Old
Over 2000 post club

Gill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticedGill White has been getting noticed
May 8th, 2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ernest View Post
Matthew 10:32-33 (KJV)
And who do we confess Jesus as:

God the Son

or

Son of God, God's Son

John 10:36 ERV
(36) So why do you accuse me of insulting God for saying, 'I am God's Son'? I am the one God chose and sent into the world.

2Co 5:17 Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

(#265) Old
BANNED

May 8th, 2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:

'YOU ARE NOT GOD.'

'YOU'RE JUST A MAN.'

'YOU HAVE A GOD.'

Does the Bible say 'the Son of God', or does it say 'God the Son'? It's a fairly simple question.

What I think is hilarious is the fact that trinitarians even think it matters anyway. One can bet that it won't be unitarians, but one's like you who will be ridiculed for even pushing something so vain and with so much conviction as if it should have any bearing on a man's soul.
I think that it's rather preposterous and cannot be spoken without resembling a Pharisee.

(#266) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
steko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peerssteko is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
I told you before what you do wrong.
So...I'm supposed to submit to your authority?

Quote:
You add words like incarnation, which never happened, to try and put it that Jesus was a consicious God who left Heaven to be a little baby.

That is just plain rubbish from the pit.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

flesh=Grk. sarx=Lat. carne

The Word was in-fleshed/incarnated.
It doesn't matter what language is used, it means the same thing.

Quote:
You also teach a rapture before tribulation of the endtimes.

Another piece of junk doctrine from the pit.

You also teach that the Israel of God are trhe Jews.

Another piece of evil doctrine.
Addressed already.

Quote:
Yoiu frame these thing by using scripture plus your own private interpretations.
Like you don't?

Quote:
You are commanded to teach only the scripture truths.
Like you do?

Quote:
and you try to get out of it by saying that my post saying Christ is filled with the fulness of God is also adding to Gods word.
Col_1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col_2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

It's simply your interpretation vs my interpretation.

Quote:
Yes you are wasting your time talking to me because I see your deceptions and you try to hide them.
I usually don't talk to you, anymore, unless you have addressed me first. You could remedy this annoyance very easily.

Quote:
The church is full of people like you who learn from each other instead of from Christ.
Yet....why do I get the distinct impression that you insist that I learn from you?

Quote:
You and yours time are nearly up.
LA
2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

JESUS is LORD/YHVH!

Last edited by steko; May 8th, 2012 at 07:11 AM..

(#267) Old
:doh:

Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
Lon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peersLon is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The only thing protestants have in common with Catholics is that they gather on Sundays and perform baptisms.
Apples and oranges- that's probably the best way to describe it.
Go take a denominational quiz or two. I bet you score much higher as a Catholic than you'd imagine.

Quote:
The trinity was the best archaic philosophy could come up with. I can guarantee they couldn't make a case like the non-trinitarian can today, especially when they had to stay on the shallow surface of reason to stay persecution.
Incorrect. They basically fought amongst themselves and died out with the triune view prevailing.

Quote:
No it isn't. That's just the pure and simple truth of it. You trinitarians say these things perpetually as if to convince yourselves. Your ancient philosophy simply just does not match what is granted today, which is why unitarianism is, in fact, on a slow rise. That's yet another lie you've been pushing- that we aren't getting anywhere. Do you know how many Protestants themselves are venturing to and building churches, reforming your archaic interpretation into something that is more realistic versus stubbornly traditional?
I'm sure you think that. Only time will actually debate this for you so I leave you to the next decade or two.

Quote:
The majority are trinitarian, but that does not mean that you all control the site. It does not mean that you have some sovereignty over people's theologies and assessments on here.

In fact, it just makes you look like a tool.
Knight owns this board. He is decidedly trinitarian. You are a 'guest' on this board as am I. But, as I said, I'd love for arianism not to be shoved and pushed with a new thread topic started by an arian just about every week on TOL. It'd be great if that wasn't the only thing arians ever want to talk about. It'd be awesome if they didn't disrupt a thread where I've asked them not to post. I'm not going to cry about it, but I don't see a cease fire in the near future.

Omniscient without man's say or qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
No possible limitation other than in man's wishful finite inanity Isaiah
40:25 Joshua 24:15
Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. *************************************

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

(#268) Old
Over 4000 post club

lifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peerslifeisgood is well respected by his peers
May 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM

When the beginning began, the Word was already there (THE WORD PREDATES TIME OR CREATION). And the Word was in fellowship with God, the Father. (Marvin Vincent writes about this phrase: 'With (pros)' does not convey the full meaning, but there is no single English word that will give it better. The preposition 'pros,' which, with the accusative case, denotes motion towards or direction, is also often used in the New Testament with the sense of with; but that not merely as being near or besides, but as a living union and communion; implying the active notion of intercourse... [examples given: Matt 13:56; 26:55; Mark 6:3; 9:19; 1Cor 16:6; 2Cor 5:8; 1John 1:2]). And the Word was as to His essence absolute deity. (Jn. 1:1)

And this one was in the beginning with God. (Jn. 1:2)

(#269) Old
TOL Legend

Lazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselvesLazy afternoon is making a name for themselves
May 8th, 2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
So...I'm supposed to submit to your authority?
I have no authority.

Quote:
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

flesh=Grk. sarx=Lat. carne

The Word was in-fleshed/incarnated.
It doesn't matter what language is used, it means the same thing.
You replace the bible description of what happened at the overshadowing of Mary by the Holy Spirit, with the notion that a God came down from Heaven to become a little baby.

Quote:
Yet....why do I get the distinct impression that you insist that I learn from you?
I dont, I urge you to follow the Lords word alone.

Quote:
2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

JESUS is LORD/YHVH!
You are again mistaken.

Jesus is not YHVH and the Lord Jesus Christ is Kurios Jesus Christ.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, (kurios) one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God (theos) and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Jesus is not his own God and Father of all.

Jesus is Lord (kurios) not YHVH.

LA

(#270) Old
TOL Legend

May 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Knight owns this board. He is decidedly trinitarian. You are a 'guest' on this board as am I. But, as I said, I'd love for arianism not to be shoved and pushed with a new thread topic started by an arian just about every week on TOL. It'd be great if that wasn't the only thing arians ever want to talk about. It'd be awesome if they didn't disrupt a thread where I've asked them not to post. I'm not going to cry about it, but I don't see a cease fire in the near future.
Knight knows that without debate the trinitarians would have nothing to say to each other.

The board would die.

However it is history that trunitarians kill unitarians in word and deed.

Jesus and the apostles were unitarians.

LA