TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page Are You Blood Washed Or Are You Brain Washed?
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#1) Old
Silver Member

Robert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peers
Are You Blood Washed Or Are You Brain Washed? - July 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM

There is nothing happening today that resembles New Testament theology and doctrine. There is no Gospel being preached today. No one is following after the apostle Paul by up lifting Christ and his Gospel.

Paul wrote, "For they all seek their own, (religion) and not the things which are of Jesus Christ," Philippians 2:21.

The early church was preoccupied with preaching and teaching the Gospel. Paul went on several missionary journeys to establish churchs that would preach the Gospel. He did this at risk of losing his life. The church in Jerusalem supported Paul's effort to take the Gospel to all of the world. This was the thrust and the message of the early church, the Gospel.

There were no denominations in the early church. There was no organized religion. If Paul was here today he would tell you that these religions are anti-Christ. Catholicism is the mother of all religions and is anti-Christ. All religions have evolved from Catholicism. The Catholic church does not have, nor does it believe the Gospel.

The whole New Testament is about the Gospel. The book of Acts is about the Gospel going out into the world for the very first time. The Pentecostals have taken an event, The day of Pentecost, and have made a religion out of it. The message on the day of Pentecost was the Gospel. Pentecostals have made the day of Pentecost about the Holy Spirit. It was not about the Holy Spirit it was about the Gospel. This is the work of the devil. After Pentecost the Apostles went into Jerusalem preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, nothing was said about the tongues of fire, nothing was said about the mighty wind, nothing was said about the Holy Spirit. They had a much greater message than that, their message was Jesus Christ, crucified and risen for the atonement of sins.

If you are a member of organized religion you are a member of the "Great Whore Church" spoken of in Revelation 17:1-6. It is the church that opposes the glorious Gospel of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. It is the church of anti-Christ. It is the church of "Lord, Lord, didn't we.." Matthew 7:21-23. The church of anti-Christ substitues the work of sanctification for the work of justification. In doing so you become your own savior.

Organized religion is NOT compatible with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, never has been, never will be. Organized religion is a law based religious institution that is controled like a business. The early church was a fellowship of Gospel believing believers, not a group of Gospel denying religious atheist.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL THAT WAS TAUGHT BY THE EARLY CHURCH?

To begin with the Gospel is not about what Christians do, (Religion.)

If the Gospel was about us, it would not be "good news," it would be bad news. The Bible makes it very clear that man is a fallen sinner. If man is a fallen sinner then that means that he cannot save himself by what he does or becomes. "The Great Whore Church" wants you to believe that you can be saved by becoming like Christ through an infused righteousness.

THE EARLY CHURCH TAUGHT NO SUCH THING

What the early church taught was that.. "God justifies the ungodly." Romans 4:5. Jesus said that he has come into the world to save SINNERS. Paul said that he was "THE CHIEF OF SINNERS," 1 Timothy 1:15. Are you going to believe Paul or are you going to believe "The Great Whore Church?" We are all sinner. This means that salvation must happen totally and completely outside of us, and it has in the person of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ comes into the world as the new Adam and humanities representative. His mission is to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. By his righteous sinless life he offers to God, in our name and on our behalf, a life of perfect obedience to God's Holy Law, it is this life that justifies us, Romans 3:26. Because he was without sin, he and he alone, was able to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus Christ now victoriously sits in heaven having defeated sin, death and the devil. He has done this FOR US in our name and on our behalf.

The early church taught that we are justified by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, plus nothing.

SINCE IT IS BY CHRIST ALONE, IT CAN ONLY BE BY FAITH ALONE.

Say no to the "Great Whore Church" and yes to Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

(#2) Old
TOL Subscriber

Letsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peersLetsargue is well respected by his peers
July 21st, 2012, 11:13 AM

Neither, I ain't a Jew, or a fool!!

Paul -- 072112

---Gal. 4:16.
---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

(#3) Old
Silver Member

Robert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peers
July 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
Neither, I ain't a Jew, or a fool!!

Paul -- 072112
If you have not been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ you are NOT one of his, Revelation 1:5.

(#4) Old
Rookie

Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
July 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM

Yes! Thank you for posting this thread!

Enough of the denomination bickering, we're all Christian and that's what counts.

I was raised Catholic but don't consider myself Catholic becuase I disagree with the Vatican and the teachings that were added on over the years, but I still pray at a Catholic Church, because its a Christen church and thats what counts. Anyone racing to demonise other denomination should stop and examine their motives, maybe sharing it before God.

(#5) Old
Over 500 post club

Dona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enough
July 21st, 2012, 08:43 PM

WOW! AT LAST in this very tread an admission by Pate who by the way has been preaching for over 40 years (according to him), that he hasn't been doing NO such thing!! He has been lying to us all along and NOT following the gospel. Of course we knew this already but it's a big thing to refer him back to in future or anytime he goes on a rant. You lil devil Robert you certainly are a DARK ONE full of it.
Thanks I hope you feel better after confessing the truth about yourself.

God bless!

(#6) Old
Over 500 post club

Dona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enoughDona Bate will become famous soon enough
July 21st, 2012, 08:51 PM

Ps: You understand Robert that you still have far to go to finally accept Gods one true Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church?! It's a start I pray you get it in the end!

God bless!

(#7) Old
TOL Legend

OMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peersOMEGA is well respected by his peers
July 21st, 2012, 08:57 PM

Robert Pate said,
There is nothing happening today that resembles New Testament theology and doctrine. There is no Gospel being preached today. No one is following after the apostle Paul by up lifting Christ and his Gospel.
--------------------------------------------------------

Hey Robert ,

They Preach the Gospel in my church, "The Church of God".

We meet every Saturday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

(#8) Old
Silver Member

July 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
Robert Pate said,
--------------------------------------------------------

Hey Robert ,

They Preach the Gospel in my church, "The Church of God".

We meet every Saturday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OMEGA,

I appreciate your stand against Catholicism. We are called to refute the unfruitful works of darkness. You seem to know what is false, but I doubt very much that your church teachs the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

Many organized religions teach a Gospel, but it is a partial Gospel. Teaching that Christ died for our sins is NOT the whole Gospel. The whole Gospel is that Christ not only died for us, he lived for us. It was His life that justifies us, Romans 3:26.

The whole Gospel is that Jesus came into the world as the new Adam and humanities representative. All that Jesus did, he did for us, in our name and on our behalf. God accepts the life, death and resurrection of Jesus in our name and on our behalf. We are accepted only "In Christ." We have no righteousness, our righteousness is Jesus Christ.

God sees us only "In Christ" we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3. We are complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted "in Him" Its over! Its finished! We are complete "In Christ."

The Gospel is the death and the end of religion. Most do not believe the Gospel because there is nothing for them to do, Christ has done it all. We are saved by his merit and not our own. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Our part is to believe it and accept it.

(#9) Old
Silver Member

July 22nd, 2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
Yes! Thank you for posting this thread!

Enough of the denomination bickering, we're all Christian and that's what counts.

I was raised Catholic but don't consider myself Catholic becuase I disagree with the Vatican and the teachings that were added on over the years, but I still pray at a Catholic Church, because its a Christen church and thats what counts. Anyone racing to demonise other denomination should stop and examine their motives, maybe sharing it before God.

You have been deceived.

We are not all Christians. The Catholic church is not Christian, if anything it is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.

You need to find out what the Gospel is, when you do that you will flee the Catholic church like the building is on fire.

(#10) Old
Rookie

Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
July 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM

You need to read certain words of St Paul again

(#11) Old
TOL Legend

TruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enoughTruthSetsFree will become famous soon enough
July 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM

well

You are certainly brainwashed

against Christ's Church

hmmm... doesn't sound too good, does it?

"Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31

(#12) Old
Silver Member

July 22nd, 2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetsFree View Post
well

You are certainly brainwashed

against Christ's Church

hmmm... doesn't sound too good, does it?

It is not possible for a Gospel denying church to be Christ's church.

(#13) Old
Silver Member

July 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
You need to read certain words of St Paul again
I can almost recite all of Paul's writtings from memory.

Which words do I need to read again?

(#14) Old
Over 500 post club

July 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM

I truly believe you have a problem Robert...
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-IV, published by the American Psychiatric Association (2000), defines narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) as someone whose behavior is fittingly described by five of nine characteristics. Let us see how you score Robert?
These include:
(1) an exaggerated sense of self-importance;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
As for me, I believe that I am ALREADY perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.
PASS!

(2) fantasies of extraordinary success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love;
Quote:
Unless you are claiming that for over 40 years of your failure preaching the wrong gospel, the gospel that you say here is not being preached is a success? I will leave this UNDECIDED! (although I should pass you on your (1) above & your fantasies alone).

(3) belief that one is ''special'' and should only associate with and can only be understood by other high-status people; Eh ... How about here..
Quote:
I am so sure of this that I have ceased from my own works and have entered in to his rest, Hebrews 4:10.
Robert has told us he is 'special' as he has already passed on and is posting these threads from heaven. A no brainer ...PASS!! (LOL)

(4) demand for excessive admiration from others; Repetitive posts on the same subject even though corrected countless times?
I'm not sure or whether you demand this from your family or circle of friends (if any),so in all honesty I must leave this UNDECIDED!

(5) a sense of entitlement; No argument here Roberts is OSAS even though he has been proved wrong countless times! see also (3) above. PASS!

(6) objectification of others to achieve personal ends and gratification;
Quote:
Here is the Gospel. I am probably casting pearls before swine.
PASS!

(7) lack of empathy; Mmm.. More than likely but in the interest of fairness i will leave this UNDECIDED!

(8) envy of others or belief that others are envious of oneself;
Envy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as a resentful emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement or possession and wishes that the other lacked it.
The Catholic Church in possession of the truth, has this superior quality, that which Robert with insane envy and jealously wants for himself!
PASS!! (with flying colours)

(9) haughty, arrogant, patronizing, or contemptuous behavior or attitudes toward others; See the vast majority of Roberts posts. PASS! (Again with flying colours)

YOU SCORE; 6/9 with 3 UNDECIDED ROBERT.
5/9 = PASS so sadly I regret to advise you that by American Psychiatric Association standards you are most probably NPD.
Therefore there is also every reason to suspect that you are a pseudo-religious narcissist. It seems that for narcissists, even those whose religion teaches them otherwise, itís all about THEM.
More about here;
http://m.zimbio.com/Domestic+Violenc...sists+Religion

(#15) Old
Silver Member

July 22nd, 2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dona Bate View Post
I truly believe you have a problem Robert...
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-IV, published by the American Psychiatric Association (2000), defines narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) as someone whose behavior is fittingly described by five of nine characteristics. Let us see how you score Robert?
These include:
(1) an exaggerated sense of self-importance;
PASS!

(2) fantasies of extraordinary success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love;
Unless you are claiming that for over 40 years of your failure preaching the wrong gospel, the gospel that you say here is not being preached is a success? I will leave this UNDECIDED! (although I should pass you on your (1) above & your fantasies alone).

(3) belief that one is ''special'' and should only associate with and can only be understood by other high-status people; Eh ... How about here..

Robert has told us he is 'special' as he has already passed on and is posting these threads from heaven. A no brainer ...PASS!! (LOL)

(4) demand for excessive admiration from others; Repetitive posts on the same subject even though corrected countless times?
I'm not sure or whether you demand this from your family or circle of friends (if any),so in all honesty I must leave this UNDECIDED!

(5) a sense of entitlement; No argument here Roberts is OSAS even though he has been proved wrong countless times! see also (3) above. PASS!

(6) objectification of others to achieve personal ends and gratification;
PASS!

(7) lack of empathy; Mmm.. More than likely but in the interest of fairness i will leave this UNDECIDED!

(8) envy of others or belief that others are envious of oneself;
Envy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as a resentful emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement or possession and wishes that the other lacked it.
The Catholic Church in possession of the truth, has this superior quality, that which Robert with insane envy and jealously wants for himself!
PASS!! (with flying colours)

(9) haughty, arrogant, patronizing, or contemptuous behavior or attitudes toward others; See the vast majority of Roberts posts. PASS! (Again with flying colours)

YOU SCORE; 6/9 with 3 UNDECIDED ROBERT.
5/9 = PASS so sadly I regret to advise you that by American Psychiatric Association standards you are most probably NPD.
Therefore there is also every reason to suspect that you are a pseudo-religious narcissist. It seems that for narcissists, even those whose religion teaches them otherwise, itís all about THEM.
More about here;
http://m.zimbio.com/Domestic+Violenc...sists+Religion

Sorry, but my message has never been about me. I am a sinner saved by grace (God's goodness) I am that sinner in the 7th chapter of Romans that says... "For the good that I would do, I don't do it, but the evil which I would not, that I do," Romans 7:19.

My message has always been about Jesus Christ, His life, His death, His resurrection. If Christ does not save this miserable sinner that I am, then I am without hope.

You would like to believe that I am mentally disturbed, but I am not.

I am a realist. The reality is that I have nothing, absolutly nothing to offer God, except my sins. Jesus takes my sins and inreturn he gives me his sinless, perfected life, "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him," 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Have you been MADE the righteousness of God in Him? You know as well as I that infused righteousness doesn't work. Be honest with yourself. Your church is not exactly the church that is without spot or wrinkle is it? Many, many perverts and homosexuals in the Catholic church. Not a very good testimony for your doctrine of infused righteousness is it?