Obama’s own words, and those of his closest aides, culled from his first campaign and the early phase of his presidency, tell the story. Cumulatively, the quotations are an anthology of lofty aspirations that fell to earth and boastful predictions that didn’t come true.
• “Washington is broken. My whole campaign has been premised from the start on the idea that we have to fundamentally change how Washington works.”
• “I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters. I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”
• “If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”
• “Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not, and a way that Bill Clinton did not.”
• “Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.”
• “I think that health care, over time, is going to become more popular.”
• “I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.”
• “It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”
• “I fought with you in the Senate for comprehensive immigration reform. And I will make it a top priority in my first year as President.”
• “What we have done is kicked this can down the road. We are now at the end of the road and are not in a position to kick it any further. We have to signal seriousness in this by making sure some of the hard decisions are made under my watch, not someone else’s.”
Interesting collection of quotes. Some worse than others.
This is the most important thing he said. Yet most people ignored it in 2008. He said what he was going to do. Don't act stupid over what he did. He said he would bring this country down. Now pull up britches and repent and apoligize to the world for the Kenyan.
Originally Posted by B. Hussein Obama
It didnt break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as its been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states cant do to you. Says what the Federal government cant do to you, but doesnt say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf,