TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In!
Reload this Page toldailytopic: If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In! Every day we will post a new topic and we want to get your comments on that topic. The topic could be about literally anything from the vague to the specific, important or trivial. The TOL membership can take that topic and run with it!

(#31) Old
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot

kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 30th, 2012 09:45 AM

toldailytopic: If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
1) To be wealthy so that I can find a job that I truly enjoy doing (Or most likely dabble in a variety of things) and that I can make sure my family is financially secure for their entire lives.

2) The ability to speed-read and perfectly remember all that I read. I hate reading a book and then feeling like I don't remember anything!

3) To know all the secrets of the world. Like, are secret societies really pulling the strings? Who killed Kennedy? Where was Obama really born?

Don't tase me, bro!!
Who would've thought... it figures

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

(#32) Old
TOL Subscriber

rainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peersrainee is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM

reading what most of y'all wish for just purifies my thinking!

(#33) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainee View Post
reading what most of y'all wish for just purifies my thinking!
Son of a gun, that was going to be my fourth wish.

(#34) Old
TOL Subscriber

Ps82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peersPs82 is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 11:42 AM

Well, something says I should wish things for other people all over the world ... but since the three wishes are for me personally, I'll enjoy the moment.

I wish to one day see all my family members in heaven with me. (Really, I never know where to draw the line ... so, all family and friends and theirs... etc.)

I wish for lots of money so that I can bless and help my family even after I am gone.

Perfect health until I die, then cross over peacefully in my sleep while at home.

Now, if there were a fourth:
I'd pray that God give me peace and a forgiving heart toward my husband regarding his taking a second wife after I'm gone.

(#35) Old

kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
kmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peerskmoney is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 01:23 PM

2nd list.

1) Ability to fly

2) Ability to breathe under water

3) Super strength. So I can defend myself against any predators that come to get me when I'm swimming in the oceans.

Don't tase me, bro!!

(#36) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Desert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
4 wishes.

Total Misanthropy.
Uncertain salvation.
Luck of the draw.
Irresistible damnation.
Persecution of the saints.

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
(The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Bright Raven:
"It makes no difference what is said."
AcultureWarrior: It really doesn't matter what I think,
Jason: I don't care what kind of fact I got wrong.
B57: the Lord does not Love everyone, nor is it His purpose to save everyone

(#37) Old
Over 3000 post club

Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
2nd list.

1) Ability to fly

2) Ability to breathe under water

3) Super strength. So I can defend myself against any predators that come to get me when I'm swimming in the oceans.

Ah man, shoulda' thought of that. Super Powers! Scratch that 3rd one from from my list before, I want Superman's same powers.

Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

(#38) Old
Journeyman

exminister has been getting noticedexminister has been getting noticedexminister has been getting noticedexminister has been getting noticedexminister has been getting noticedexminister has been getting noticed
December 1st, 2012, 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=Knight;3284741]The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 30th, 2012 09:45 AM

That humans would be brighter and more understanding of each other
That manned space travel would be a reality
That God wouldn't let suffering continue

(#39) Old
Gold level Subscriber

bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
bybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peersbybee is well respected by his peers
Exclamation December 2nd, 2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 30th, 2012 09:45 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
I am old. I have lived a good and satifying life. Therefore, I give my three wishes away.

(#40) Old
Silver Member

PureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM

peace to all

wisdom to all

and love to all

With those, I think most everyone's wishes would be fulfilled.

(#41) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 09:54 AM

I'd wish for

the money to pay off my family's bills (including my own)
the world's most awesome Game Room
and then I'd save that last wish

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#42) Old
Ugly Moonshine Man

Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM

Enough money to make my family financially secure.

A never-ending block of chocolate.

A pink bunny.

(#43) Old
Over 1500 post club

Charity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peers
Charity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peersCharity is well respected by his peers
December 3rd, 2012, 02:38 AM

1. I wish Jesus would come right Now an fix up the mess.

2. I wish Mars would be turn into a plant that could support Life.

3. finally I wish EVERY THING I wish for hence forth would come happen.

Just tell me what you want me to criticize! I want you to be happy<.

(#44) Old

December 3rd, 2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder's Muse View Post
Enough money to make my family financially secure.

A never-ending block of chocolate.

A pink bunny.

That last one would be possible with only a can of pink spray paint and AB.

Don't tase me, bro!!

(#45) Old
Over 2000 post club

Christ's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselvesChrist's Word is making a name for themselves
December 29th, 2012, 11:43 PM

1. For Christ to return and rule.

2. To have complete scientific understanding of God's workings and universe.

3. To have complete forgiveness and sanctification of God's moral beings.