TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Theology Club > MidActs Dispensationalism
Reload this Page Theology Club: The differences between Apostleship of Peter and Paul ??
MidActs Dispensationalism Acts 9 (or MidActs) Dispensationalism acknowledges the scriptural presentation of the dispensation of grace having begun with, not before, Paul; and its adherents accept the admonishment of Jesus Christ Himself that members of the Body of Christ follow Paul as he followed Christ.

(#31) Old
Over 1500 post club

surrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselves
December 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
Hi , but we read differently !!

The CONTEXT in Acts 15:11 is still about the Gospel of the Kingdom , in Acts 15:5 !!

Peter is talking about Acts 15:7 , and Peter is refering to Acts 10:33 , and Peter says that WE , the Jews , shall be saved , EVEN AS THEY , the Gentiles !!

Are you reading Backwards ??

You must be Dyslexia ??

dan p
My husband and son are dyslexic. I take offense and will await an apology.

(#32) Old
Over 1500 post club

surrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselvessurrender is making a name for themselves
December 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
Right. So how can you say there weren't two different programs knowing that the uncircumcision was looking back on salvation (as show in Paul's letters) and those looking forward to it.
I need further clarification, Nick. I don't know what you're trying to show me.

(#33) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 01:41 AM

Paul said he he is the apostle of uncircumcision, and Peter is the apostle of uncircumcision. You tell me what that means, in light of the fact they both went to gentiles and Jews.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#34) Old
Over 1500 post club

December 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Paul said he he is the apostle of uncircumcision, and Peter is the apostle of uncircumcision. You tell me what that means, in light of the fact they both went to gentiles and Jews.
Peter went to primarily Jews, because they lived in Jerusalem. Paul said, "From now on I will go to the Gentiles" and traveled among the nations, and so he went to primarily Jews.

(#35) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
December 3rd, 2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrender View Post
Peter went to primarily Jews, because they lived in Jerusalem.
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.Ē Amen

Quote:
Paul said, "From now on I will go to the Gentiles" and traveled among the nations, and so he went to primarily Jews.
He always went to the Jew first. And he was apostle of uncircumcision while going to Jews first.

At what point are you going to acknowledge what the Bible clearly teaches?

Jesus saves completely.

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

(#36) Old
Sweep the leg

December 3rd, 2012, 12:51 AM

Peter's mission as apostle of circumcision;

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Jesus saves completely.

(#37) Old
Over 1500 post club

December 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
[I][COLOR="Black"]
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.Ē Amen
Where do we see Peter going out to the nations like Paul did? We see Paulís missionary trips, his letters to the churches he formed and his desire to go even further. Where do we see Peter doing any of this? I donít see Peter really traveling around. Wasnít he still living back in Jerusalem when Paul went to the Jerusalem Council several years after heíd been preaching to the nations?

Quote:
He always went to the Jew first. And he was apostle of uncircumcision while going to Jews first.

At what point are you going to acknowledge what the Bible clearly teaches?
Yes, when Paul went into a new city, he was known for going into the synagogues first. But Paulís mission was to reach the Gentile nations (Acts 22:21). He taught that Gentiles were included in the promises of Israel, etc. through the one new man. I donít even know that the Jerusalem church knew the details of HOW the Gentiles were included until informed by Paul at the Council. But that would NOT have been the center of the Jerusalem teaching. Although they could reach out to Gentiles, they lived among Jews in a Jewish culture.

(#38) Old
Over 1500 post club

December 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Peter's mission as apostle of circumcision;

So Jesus said to them, ďAssuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
I don't think I'll have part in that. I didn't "leave everything" (i.e. houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children, fields) to follow Jesus during his ministry.

(#39) Old
Over 4000 post club

DAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respected
December 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
My husband and son are dyslexic. I take offense and will await an apology.

Hi , and I missed this response and I was talking about you and not about your husband as you seemed to me as you were read some of your responses backward as dyslexia means the impairment of the abilitiy to read ,

Last edited by DAN P; December 4th, 2012 at 01:30 PM..

(#40) Old
Over 1500 post club

December 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
Hi , and I missed this response and I was talking about you and not about your husband as you seemed to me as you were read some of your responses backward as dyslexia means the impairment of the abilitiy to read !!

I apology if you are offensed !!

Please , do not say anything about DIABETES or ARTHRITIS as I am in pain every day .

dan p
Oh brother. Seriously? Your apology is not genuine. It is not accepted.

(#41) Old
Over 4000 post club

DAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respected
December 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Oh brother. Seriously? Your apology is not genuine. It is not accepted.

Hi , and that is your chose and this will be my last response on this subject .

dan p

(#42) Old
Over 1500 post club

December 7th, 2012, 08:26 PM

Going back to the OP. The only difference between Peter and Paul is that Peter was asked to convert and minster primarily to the Jews in Israel and Paul was asked to convert and minister primarily to the Gentiles in the then known world.

(#43) Old
Over 4000 post club

Guyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peersGuyver is well respected by his peers
December 8th, 2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Going back to the OP. The only difference between Peter and Paul is that Peter was asked to convert and minster primarily to the Jews in Israel and Paul was asked to convert and minister primarily to the Gentiles in the then known world.
Right. So what's the problem?

Are we talking about keeping laws, or observing feast days and such?

Because, it is clear that Gentiles were not commanded to do any such thing, but also not forbidden to if they wished.

Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

(#44) Old
Over 1500 post club

December 8th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver View Post

Are we talking about keeping laws, or observing feast days and such?

Because, it is clear that Gentiles were not commanded to do any such thing, but also not forbidden to if they wished.
Midacts fixes a problem that I don't think exists.

Jesus knew thereíd come a time he would be the High Priest and sacrificial Lamb, eliminating the necessity of the Levitical priesthood with their high priest and sacrifices. Jesus did not divulge everything at once during his ministry. He spoke to the Jews encouraging them to get back to the Mosaic Law, rather than the traditions of men, in preparation for receiving the Spirit, so that they could be the great beacon of light of salvation to the nations spoken of by the OT prophets. The Twelve continued with that same message. Had the majority of the nation repented, we would have seen the nations seeking God through them rather than Paul having to go out to the nations. The stubbornness of Israel didnít stop Godís plan to share salvation with the nations. And while Paul did his thing, God allowed the temple to stand for 40 years so that as many local Jews as possible could come to faith in Jesus.

(#45) Old
Sweep the leg

December 9th, 2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
I will tell you what it is. You have reconciled yourself after looking at the the problem. He looks at it, and says he is ok, he loves his brother and that is a fruit of the Spirit.

You looked at the problem (the law) and were honest with yourself at some point. The Holy Spirit convicts nonbelievers in their heart, that is what the law does. You paid heed, he tries to justify himself.

Jesus saves completely.