TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page You're too old for that!
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#31) Old
TOL Subscriber

noguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peers
November 14th, 2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The video that Lighthouse quotes was uploaded by ANOTHER YouTube user. That individual labeled the brony as autistic.
I watched your video. Brony is definitely autistic. A high functioning autistic person went to my high school. He was very similar to this Brony in the way he spoke and his inability to know what was appropriate, though his fixations might have been different. The part where he talks to the McDonald's employee is especially enlightening in that aspect.

The person from my highschool now has a web blog with video and audio clips, would you like to see that?

Militant Moderate

(#32) Old
Over 3000 post club

Adam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peersAdam is well respected by his peers
November 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noguru View Post
would you like to see that?
Yes. Feel free to post it here or PM it to me. Thanks!

Liberal scientists are willing to accept that a global flood occurred on Mars, but they are unwilling to accept that it happened on earth. They will go to any lengths to not give any credence to the holy Word of God.

(#33) Old
Gonna go back in time!

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
November 14th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I updated my post with the original video. The one you're quoting is abridged. You can't catch all the stupidity unless you watch the whole thing. LOL

He even acts out the ponies!

If this is America, I can see why Knight wants to move.
I still assume I don't want to watch it.

And, FYI, for all those taking issue with the laughing or exasperation at the HFA kid, I'm also HFA [Asperger's] and I still think it's weird, because it's MLP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
Some people say I'm too old for pokemon cards but I don't care. I just call them a poopyhead and run to my mystical for in the sky aka parent's basement and we frolic in a land of daisies and unicorns. So, really who's the child?

(#34) Old
Conjunction junction, what's your function?

The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
November 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzword View Post
I was recently told I'm far too young to enjoy Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

To a 10 year old like me back in 1979 this was the the major reason to watch Buck Rogers in the 25th Century!

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

(#35) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
November 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM

On a sort of related side topic, I have to admit that I don't even understand many of the cartoons that kids watch these days.

It's easy to say that this was equally true of my parents when I was growing up, but I don't think so.

When the The Coyote chased the Roadrunner, it was pretty clear what his intentions were.

When Tom chased Jerry, it was obvious that lunch was somewhere in the cat's mind.

I was flipping through the channels a while back and I came across this show called Adventure Time. I MUST be old, because I didn't understand any of it at all. Admittedly I only watched it for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, but that was enough.

There is some other strange one that I saw also with a guy that had a huge head, but I forget the name.

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

(#36) Old
BANNED

sky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peers
November 14th, 2012, 04:01 PM

I've been told tha I'm too old to get my nose pierced but I never really wanted to anyway.

(#37) Old
Gonna go back in time!

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
November 15th, 2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascowboy View Post
On a sort of related side topic, I have to admit that I don't even understand many of the cartoons that kids watch these days.

It's easy to say that this was equally true of my parents when I was growing up, but I don't think so.

When the The Coyote chased the Roadrunner, it was pretty clear what his intentions were.

When Tom chased Jerry, it was obvious that lunch was somewhere in the cat's mind.

I was flipping through the channels a while back and I came across this show called Adventure Time. I MUST be old, because I didn't understand any of it at all. Admittedly I only watched it for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, but that was enough.

There is some other strange one that I saw also with a guy that had a huge head, but I forget the name.
Adventure Time is awesome! See my avatar.

And if you only watched it for ten minutes you watched most of it, unless it was a half hour special, because the show is only about eleven minutes long, which is why it has no commercial breaks.

It's also not specifically for kids; they can enjoy it, but there are layers to the show and a deep backstory that is still being explored and explained.

Also, it is kind of linear sometimes, where you have to have seen several previous episodes to know what's going on.

(#38) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
vegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peersvegascowboy is well respected by his peers
November 15th, 2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Adventure Time is awesome! See my avatar.

And if you only watched it for ten minutes you watched most of it, unless it was a half hour special, because the show is only about eleven minutes long, which is why it has no commercial breaks.

It's also not specifically for kids; they can enjoy it, but there are layers to the show and a deep backstory that is still being explored and explained.

Also, it is kind of linear sometimes, where you have to have seen several previous episodes to know what's going on.
Wow, wow, and wow! I will have to give it another chance!

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

(#39) Old
Silver Member

PureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peers
November 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky. View Post
I've been told tha I'm too old to get my nose pierced but I never really wanted to anyway.

(#40) Old
TOL Subscriber

noguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peersnoguru is well respected by his peers
November 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureX View Post
I was going to say that; I went from being too young to get my nose pierced immediately to being too old for that.

Militant Moderate

(#41) Old
BANNED

sky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peerssky. is well respected by his peers
November 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noguru View Post
I was going to say that; I went from being too young to get my nose pierced immediately to being too old for that.
Apparently I'm too young to buy eggnog at World Market. I laughed when I got asked for ID. The guys said "it isn't really funny". After he checked my ID I said "is it funny now"? he said "well I wasn't expecting that but it is a beautiful thing".

(#42) Old
TOL Legend

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the posts you all, it's interesting how people have different views on when hobbies should be given up or started. I think it's important to not to jump to too many conclusions if you can help it. Even when it comes to bronies.................. as plain wrong as that is .

I also second Adventure Time being awesome. It's full of great jokes that will go right over a kids head.

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#43) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
December 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM

Video games in and of themselves are childish, so there is no such thing as an adult video game. Even if it is rated "M". That simply lets you know it is imMature in its content.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#44) Old
TOL Subscriber

Doormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Thanks for the posts you all, it's interesting how people have different views on when hobbies should be given up or started. I think it's important to not to jump to too many conclusions if you can help it.
Certainly not until I get better at Survival on MW3.

I have liberty to be seen as a failure by you while being seen as a son by my Father.

(#45) Old
TOL Subscriber

Doormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
To a 10 year old like me back in 1979 this was the the major reason to watch Buck Rogers in the 25th Century!
Yeah. Erin Gray.

She aged well.

I have liberty to be seen as a failure by you while being seen as a son by my Father.