TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized!
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

Closed Thread

(#3331) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Actually anna, the purpose of the photo was to make a comparison between today's Homosexual Collective, which as Scott Lively points out in "The Pink Swastika", mirrors much of Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party, and that of the left wing "Teddy-hiccup-Kennedy faction" (pro abortion/pro homosexuality) of the Catholic Church (which obviously you're a part of).

Quote:
What's the old saying?

"Pagans of a feather, flock together" (I think "Once a pagan always a pagan" fits better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
I'd like a simple yes or no for each, which will help to determine how far the conversation goes:
No can do anna; I spent too many hours on a witness stand being asked leading questions by long haired, unbathed public defenders fresh out of law school to fall for that ploy.

Quote:
1. Do you consider me a pro abortion/pro homosexuality member of the Catholic Church?
To my knowledge, you are an active member of the Catholic Church. Based on my observations from several threads that you've posted in, you fall into the category of "homosexualist". To my knowledge you claim to be pro life, but you're not ackowledging the connection between the abortion and homosexual movements, so you're blowing hot air there.

Quote:
2. Do you consider me to be a pagan?
Based on dictionary.com's definition and the above statement that I just made:

one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks. Synonyms: polytheist.

a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim. Synonyms: heathen, gentile; idolator; nonbeliever.

an irreligious or hedonistic person.

a person deemed savage or uncivilized and morally deficient.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pagan

I'll have to go with door #4 Johnny if you're defending homosexuality (and I believe that you are).

Quote:
My OP made no mention of adulterers being stoned, obviously anna in wanting to protect someone that she knows who partakes in the homosexual lifestyle, went into protective mode thinking that I would advocate that for homosexuals.

Quote:
It's not at all obvious that I'm protecting someone and very obvious that my point was that both punishments are unacceptable in today's society.
So 2,000 years of Christianized western civilization and 200 years of US law had it all wrong when it came to criminalizing homosexuality?

If so, explain why.

Quote:
Obviously anna acknowledges that there is a homosexual agenda, she just doesn't understand how the Homosexual Collective works (or at the time of her statement she didn't).

Quote:
I do. By some. This is where we could have found some common ground, but it's irreparably trampled.
Every society has it's leaders, every society has it followers. That's how the Homosexual Collective works anna.

Quote:
Ah yes, the "quiet ones" that just voted in the most pro abortion/pro homosexual President in US history.

Quote:
All by themselves? No. They had lots of help. From lots of straight people.
The "A" in the GLBTQQ&A acronym (Allies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabenedetti
By the way, I dislike the word homosexualist. I dislike calling people fags. I dislike making allegations about the sexuality of others.

Quote:
That word wasn't used in the OP. The word "sodomite", a Biblical term deriving from the city of Sodom was though.

Quote:
Doesn't matter. I was speaking directly to you regarding your use of those terms and your habit of making allegations about the sexuality of others.
I usually work on a 5 to 1 ratio. They call me a closet fag, imply that I was molested as a child, etc etc etc 5 times, I mock back stating that it's likely that because they defend buggery, that they very well might be a homosexual or bisexual.

The term "homosexualist", as shown in the OP, is not stating that said person is a buggerite (you don't mind if I use the word buggerite do you anna?).

Quote:
I don't believe in evangelizing via sledgehammer. I don't think that's what we were meant to do, called to do.

Quote:
We're meant to be reflections of Christ. We're meant to hold something so beautiful, so precious, that others will want some of what we have.
While Jesus did turn the other cheek, and was predestined to die on the Cross, He was by no means a pacifist.

Quote:
The OP had nothing to do with "evangelizing", other than showing how a bunch of jack booted thugs dealt with Christians that had the audacity to share God's Word in the Castro District of San Franswishco.

Quote:
Forget about the OP. That's a diversion on your part. I'd like to see you consider those words, about being a reflection of Christ, and ask yourself if you've done that throughout this thread.
Mocking evil and the proud unrepentant sinners that perpetrate it does not go against Scripture. If you think it does, then you can be the first one to show me where.

Quote:
That doesn't mean we don't have strength, courage, and conviction. But that's an individual strength given us by the grace of God to hold to his laws, and to bear witness to Him.

Quote:
It's not so that we can go about bashing other people on the head with our banner of righteousness. That drives people away from God.
Actually speaking the truth draws people. If you'd like anna, I can show you how pro abortion/pro homosexual so called "Christian Churches" are losing their flock due to their "banner of unrighteousness".

Quote:
How's that "grace without law" working anna? The abortion numbers are as high as ever, kids as young as kindergarten are being indoctrinated by the perverts of the Homosexual Collective, etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
"Grace without law" ...those are your words. You shouldn't have them in quotation marks as if I'd said them.
How's that grace without law working anna? ( " " Let us come back into the sentence, we're lonely out here anna).

Quote:
Read my words again, and you'll see how I said that through the grace of God, we hold his laws and bear witness to Him. That doesn't mean the world doesn't abound in sin, but we bear witness and live in hope that "where sin abounds, grace abounds the more." (My bible does come with Romans, and that's 5:20, in case it sounds familiar.)
Speak louder anna, the 52 MILLION UNBORN BABIES MURDERED IN THE WOMB IN THE PAST 39 YEARS can't hear you.

Quote:
You've never really addressed what I had to say to you: how your message was lost in all the lies and innuendos and defamatory statements you've continually thrown out the windows of your wildly careening thread. It's such a circus, this thread. What have you done to your credibility? You've taken socially conservative and moral issues that I would have often (not always, but often) agreed on either in whole or in part and you've destroyed any semblance of what could have been fruitful and productive dissemination of information - which could have in turn generated intelligent discussion. Really, what have you done to the issues we shared? They are completely ruined for me here. A vast wasteland of trampled witness. Listen to what I'm telling you, because I am witness to your witness.
(anna digs me).

"Make no mistake: Children are the target of what I call the “sexual anarchy movement.” Whether it’s the movement’s pedophile wing that seeks to literally rape children, or its radical pro-abortion, homosexualist and feminist wings, which seek to rape the minds of children, the larger sexual anarchy movement has a shared goal: Attack, corrupt and destroy God’s design for human sexuality. Children are just collateral damage."

Matt Barber from his article "Sexual Anarchy"

(#3332) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peersaCultureWarrior is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
Which is your way of saying that you asserted something you hope is true and would like to demonstrate but can't from anything I've ever written here, in my more than twenty thousand posts.

The well educated and/or widely read.

Oh, of course. Anyone with a more expansive vocabulary than you simply must be out of touch with reality. Imagine, every college graduate out of touch with reality and likely high school honors graduates to boot.

There's no "us" asking. Those extra voices in your head aren't really additional people. There's only you. Go read a book of statutes on sexual crimes that have passed Constitutional muster.

That wasn't legalese. Something else you don't appear to understand, like the law or honesty.

Don't project.

Oh, I know. It would be logically impossible for anyone to mean most of what you write.

Thanks for the interest but just the one book written and proposal letters slowly but surely making their way to agents. I haven't been that diligent with the holidays and Jack taking a good deal of time. Beginning the second novel in outline and bits of dialog. It's an interesting process.

Like I have to tell you about writing fiction.
SMUT: "S-M-U-T"; hookers: "h-o-o-k-e-r-s"; buggery: "b-u-g-g-e-r-y".

Try again TH, anyone that can get out of vacuuming while working out of his home can't be all that dumb.

"Make no mistake: Children are the target of what I call the “sexual anarchy movement.” Whether it’s the movement’s pedophile wing that seeks to literally rape children, or its radical pro-abortion, homosexualist and feminist wings, which seek to rape the minds of children, the larger sexual anarchy movement has a shared goal: Attack, corrupt and destroy God’s design for human sexuality. Children are just collateral damage."

Matt Barber from his article "Sexual Anarchy"

(#3333) Old
The Flying Ban Hammer ✈

Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
Inzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peersInzl Kett is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Sure. He lies, he tells people that don't toe his particular line that they're not of the Body. He speaks out of turn about spouses of members. In short, his methodology would knock a buzzard off a crap wagon.
I,ve had Granite use similar tactics on me--accusing me of being a transsexual, and a plagiarist. I've had Pierac accuse me of being an infidel. There was no out cry over this behavior. Only Mod action put a stop to it. I had Percy accusing me of lying and I don't know where he dug that up.

I don't have a quarrel with ACW. Neither do I have one with you. You have been exemplary in how you interact with others.

I am speaking more in generalities--there is more strife over ACW then there is over other members of this board when they use tactics that skirt the board rules.

The folks in this thread are in effect tying ACW to a pole and whipping him over behavior he's already served time for. Let the past just be a past.

Instead of bringing it up constantly--let water under the bridge just be water under the bridge. If a member gets out of line--let the mods deal with it. There's the report system and the ban hammer for that. The mods on here have been more than fair.

The posters in this thread are in effect, tying ACW to a pole and whipping him over past behavior he's already served time over. Let the past stay in the past.

(#3334) Old
TOL Legend

The Barbarian is well respected by his peers
The Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peersThe Barbarian is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 08:02 AM

Connie is socially inept, and has a problem with anger. Because his outbursts are so flaming egregious and self-revealing, and because he doesn't argue well, he's an easy target, and so he takes a lot of hits.

If he'd calm down a bit, and be more careful in his posts, he'd be less easy to hit.

God bless us, every one.
"Or, the less the supportive data and the more declaration the greater the likelihood of horsefeathers." -TH

(#3335) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
Connie is socially inept, and has a problem with anger...
Ad hominem

As a reminder, Barbie does not have a biblical worldview.

See:

Barbarian

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

(#3336) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
Ad hominem
No, it's an opinion. Many decent people are socially inept, like you or have anger issues, like Dave/Door. That's not an insult if it's accurate.

Quote:
As a reminder, Barbie does not have a biblical worldview.
Now that's both an ad hom and an opinion.

(#3337) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
[Barbie quote: Connie is socially inept, and has a problem with anger...] "That's not an insult..."
The topic is the crime of homosexuality.

Quote:
[Barbie does not have a biblical worldview.] "...Now that's both an ad hom and an opinion."
That is a fact. Barbie believes that his "good" deeds will outweigh his bad deeds. His religion is work-based (Jude 11). Christianity is faith based (Eph 2:8-10). Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Eph 4:14

See:

Barbarian

What's new?
PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

(#3338) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
I,ve had Granite use similar tactics on me--accusing me of being a transsexual, and a plagiarist.
I wasn't there for those but if I had been I'd have taken him or anyone up over it. That's just the way I see it. I don't expect most people to become involved.

Quote:
I've had Pierac accuse me of being an infidel.
Then he was being an idiot and if I'd been there I'd have taken your part like I took anna's here.

Now while I don't get bent about the lack of any particular person coming to my defense on something like aCW's ongoing attack on my faith in Christ, I think it is fair to say that if you're going to raise the lack of objection by others as an issue you raise your own silence as one. Where have you been, friend of mine?

Quote:
There was no out cry over this behavior. Only Mod action put a stop to it. I had Percy accusing me of lying and I don't know where he dug that up.
I suspect that has to do with consistency and general exposure. ASCon does this sort of thing not as an exception but as the rule. He doesn't apologize for it or modify the behavior at any point. Over time that's going to draw a larger and larger disdain.

Quote:
I don't have a quarrel with ACW.
Why don't you is the question that comes to my mind. Not because of me or any particular poster, but because of the way he does business here as a consistent rule of thumb.

Quote:
Neither do I have one with you. You have been exemplary in how you interact with others.
I think that's overly kind. I've had moments that I'm not proud of, some that have led to my altering approach and apologizing to individuals. The last time I did it was with a hurtful bit I aimed at TSF. Now TSF routinely says things to members here that shouldn't be and I go after her on it. I don't like her. But I overstepped and to my mind when you do that you apologize anyway, because there should be lines that aren't crossed.

That's not something ASCon will ever do or acknowledge. That's part of the reason he draws so much heat. Another is that he rarely does anything else. He's a negative here, fouling even the points he gets right with the way he goes about it.

Quote:
I am speaking more in generalities--there is more strife over ACW then there is over other members of this board when they use tactics that skirt the board rules.
It's a matter of consistent methodology. Look to the couple of posts where I noted aCW getting it wrong and look at his immediate responses to that....there you go.

ASCon neither recognizes nor corrects himself. And worse, to my mind, he wraps his malicious streak in the Holy. That's Sod territory.

Quote:
The folks in this thread are in effect tying ACW to a pole and whipping him over behavior he's already served time for. Let the past just be a past.
Except it isn't. What has he done that he isn't still doing and unapologetically?

Quote:
Instead of bringing it up constantly--let water under the bridge just be water under the bridge. If a member gets out of line--let the mods deal with it. There's the report system and the ban hammer for that. The mods on here have been more than fair.
The mods don't clean up most of what people are complaining about. And mostly they shouldn't. If you don't curse someone, stalk them, enter a thread just to disrupt or attempt to draw members into that behavior you have latitude. That's part of what makes this place interesting. It's also what makes a more public shaming and outcry on the part of members appropriate, as it was with chrys when he went after LMOHM.

Quote:
The posters in this thread are in effect, tying ACW to a pole and whipping him over past behavior he's already served time over. Let the past stay in the past.
Count back posts to the last time aCW suggested I wasn't in the Body.

Sorry, but you're just flat out wrong.

(#3339) Old
Look at the stars

annabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peers
annabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peersannabenedetti is well respected by his peers
December 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
No can do anna; I spent too many hours on a witness stand being asked leading questions by long haired, unbathed public defenders fresh out of law school to fall for that ploy.
To my knowledge, you are an active member of the Catholic Church. Based on my observations from several threads that you've posted in, you fall into the category of "homosexualist". To my knowledge you claim to be pro life, but you're not ackowledging the connection between the abortion and homosexual movements, so you're blowing hot air there.
Based on dictionary.com's definition and the above statement that I just made:
1.one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks. Synonyms: polytheist.
2.a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim. Synonyms: heathen, gentile; idolator; nonbeliever.
3.an irreligious or hedonistic person.
4.a person deemed savage or uncivilized and morally deficient.
I'll have to go with door #4 Johnny if you're defending homosexuality (and I believe that you are).
So that’s a yes to both.

That you see me as a left-wing, pro-abortion, pro-homosexual Catholic Pagan tells illustrates how I say one thing, you hear another thing entirely.

This leaves little expectation that anything I say to you will be received accurately.

Quote:
You've never really addressed what I had to say to you: how your message was lost in all the lies and innuendos and defamatory statements you've continually thrown out the windows of your wildly careening thread. It's such a circus, this thread. What have you done to your credibility? You've taken socially conservative and moral issues that I would have often (not always, but often) agreed on either in whole or in part and you've destroyed any semblance of what could have been fruitful and productive dissemination of information - which could have in turn generated intelligent discussion. Really, what have you done to the issues we shared? They are completely ruined for me here. A vast wasteland of trampled witness. Listen to what I'm telling you, because I am witness to your witness.
Quote:

(anna digs me).

Make that no expectation at all.

Quote:
So 2,000 years of Christianized western civilization and 200 years of US law had it all wrong when it came to criminalizing homosexuality? If so, explain why.
If only this had been your response to my post #4 in your thread. How sad the opportunity was lost.

Quote:
I usually work on a 5 to 1 ratio. They call me a closet fag, imply that I was molested as a child, etc etc etc 5 times, I mock back stating that it's likely that because they defend buggery, that they very well might be a homosexual or bisexual.

While Jesus did turn the other cheek, and was predestined to die on the Cross, He was by no means a pacifist.
You’re minimalizing your culpability here by setting yourself up as a victim who’s just trying to defend himself against his attackers. Rather ironic to see you do this after all the times you’ve mocked others by saying they were playing the victim card. Reality is something other than that - it goes beyond this one thread into other threads where you’ve said things about the sexual inclinations of other posters or their family members and other sorts of defamatory statements. When you get similar in return, you’re simply reaping what you’ve already sowed. And yes, you are held, and should be held to a higher standard and you should be the first to understand why that might not seem fair. All good conservative Christians understand that life isn’t fair, and that Christians are obligated to uphold a higher standard.

Quote:
The OP had nothing to do with "evangelizing", other than showing how a bunch of jack booted thugs dealt with Christians that had the audacity to share God's Word in the Castro District of San Franswishco.
It had everything to do with evangelizing. And speaking of the OP...you said this in it:

Quote:
Of course there will be accusations against the messenger, accusing me of being the same thing that the homosexualist defends, but that's to be expected (or in the words of blogger Domenico Bettinelli Jr.: "Of course, having criticized homosexuality in public...I will now be accused of being a secret, self-hating closeted homosexual and the rest of the brownshirt psychobabble. But then I suppose that would make my critics secret, self-hating closet conservatives...").
I've read Bettinelli for quite a few years. I can guarantee you that if he was accused of those things, he wouldn't turn around and give it back full measure and more. This is where I challenge you to a better way.

Quote:
Read my words again, and you'll see how I said that through the grace of God, we hold his laws and bear witness to Him. That doesn't mean the world doesn't abound in sin, but we bear witness and live in hope that "where sin abounds, grace abounds the more." (My bible does come with Romans, and that's 5:20, in case it sounds familiar.)
Quote:
Speak louder anna, the 52 MILLION UNBORN BABIES MURDERED IN THE WOMB IN THE PAST 39 YEARS can't hear you.
You're not listening, or if you are, you're not comprehending. This is just the last in several illustrations of that fact; you're off on a completely different tangent here that has no mooring to the context of the previous dialogue. It's a balloon floating off into the wild blue yonder and I'm not going to chase it.

(#3340) Old
TOL Legend

December 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
No, it's an opinion...
Barbarian does not have a biblical worldview. Objective truth comes from God's word (Ps 119:160).

See:

Barbarian

[True Faith and True Grace by John MacArthur] "...Misunderstanding on that key point is at the heart of the error of those who reject lordship salvation. They assume that because Scripture contrasts faith and works, faith must be incompatible with works. They set faith in opposition to submission, yieldedness, or turning from sin, and they categorize all the practical fruits of salvation as human works. They stumble over the twin truths that salvation is a gift, yet it costs everything.

Those ideas are paradoxical, but they are not mutually exclusive. The same dissonance is seen in Jesus' own words, "I will give you rest," followed by "take My yoke upon you" (Matt. 11:28-29). The rest we enter into by faith is not a rest of inactivity.

Salvation is a gift, but it is appropriated through a faith that goes beyond merely understanding and assenting to the truth..." Full text: True Faith and True Grace

What's new?

(#3341) Old
You what?

December 2nd, 2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Barbarian does not have a biblical worldview....
Why are you posting this again? You mean that Barbarian doesn't share your Biblical view. That you've elected yourself the arbiter of which of you is right doesn't objectively decide the issue because you believe it does. And, apropos of, I'm OSAS.

(#3342) Old
TOL Legend

December 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Why are you posting this again? You mean that Barbarian doesn't share your Biblical view...
"Every verse of the Bible means exactly what the author intended it to mean..." Full text: How to Interpret the Bible by Darrell Ferguson

See:

Hermeneutics

What's new?

(#3343) Old
You what?

December 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
"Every verse of the Bible means exactly what the author intended it to mean..."
Interestingly, I've never met anyone who believed in the Bible as truth who disagreed with that and yet there are any number of divisions in Christendom over what those authors are saying now and again.

Now I've read a number of terrific treatments of the Bible by a number of authorities within those divisions who manage to differ frequently. You mostly won't see me using their lexicon because I prefer a simpler approach and to be rather easily understood on points relating...That's a bit of my point. Ultimately our faith is a personal walk with God following the best understanding we can come to.

So, I look to the cross and count the rest as profitable to the degree we can approach it and understand and apply it. But if my works brothers believe they must follow an edict to be assured of what I do out of gratitude and in security then I think they are mistaken and robbed of a present grace, but not salvation, not God and not the love of God. And I leave them to tremble as they understand it. You might want to at least consider that posture. The only cost is to ego and really, who doesn't have enough of that already?

(#3344) Old
TOL Legend

December 2nd, 2012, 12:23 PM

A few housekeeping items:

As a reminder, instant e-mail notification is inop. If I do not respond to you in most cases it is because I do not receive notification that you have replied. Don't take it personally.

What's new?

(#3345) Old
You what?

December 2nd, 2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
A few housekeeping items:

As a reminder, instant e-mail notification is inop. If I do not respond to you in most cases it is because I do not receive notification that you have replied. Don't take it personally.
Are you just trying to bury the aCW bits, take the heat off him? Because this is just goofy. You surely can't have so many people regularly emailing you that you couldn't have accomplished this by PM or profile message.

Perhaps it is time to repost an objection and get this back on track.

Closed Thread

Tags
abortion-homosexual tie, truthsmack, universal moral laws