TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Theology Club > MidActs Dispensationalism
Reload this Page Theology Club: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?
MidActs Dispensationalism Acts 9 (or MidActs) Dispensationalism acknowledges the scriptural presentation of the dispensation of grace having begun with, not before, Paul; and its adherents accept the admonishment of Jesus Christ Himself that members of the Body of Christ follow Paul as he followed Christ.

(#16) Old
Over 4000 post club

Paulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peersPaulos is well respected by his peers
March 1st, 2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
I agree

bottom of page

" Jesus himself preached grace"

Jesus never said the word grace
1. What is your definition of the word "grace"?

2. While Jesus Himself is not directly quoted in the gospels as using the word "grace", we still find this in the gospel of John:
John 1:14, 1:16
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth...And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

(#17) Old
Silver Member

Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
March 2nd, 2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I agree

bottom of page

" Jesus himself preached grace"

Have to allow for Luke 4:22, Jesus with "gracious words", which is not at all opposed to the mid-Acts view to my knowledge, or the way Bob views salvation I think, but it surely suggests Jesus spoke of grace. I don't know anyone who would deny grace is involved in salvation in any dispensation. If anyone is saved at all, grace is involved.

Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

(#18) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
March 2nd, 2013, 12:50 AM

So Paulos is teaching that Jesus taught grace and didn't teach grace at the same time you have to earn salvation. Got it.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

Last edited by Nick M; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: rebuke removed so he suffers

(#19) Old
TOL Subscriber

Doormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peers
March 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
can you show how your exegesis is correct
and that Mid Acts Disp exegesis is wrong ?
We had a good discussion not too long ago about the idea of "two gospels" being error. You can read it here: Rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

I have liberty to be seen as a failure by you while being seen as a son by my Father.

(#20) Old
TOL Subscriber

Doormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peersDoormat is well respected by his peers
March 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

I have liberty to be seen as a failure by you while being seen as a son by my Father.

(#21) Old
Over 4000 post club

DAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respectedDAN P is well respected
March 2nd, 2013, 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Paulos;3373866]1. What is your definition of the word "grace"?
/QUOTE]

Hi , and the word CHARIS /GRACE is translated 12 different ways , like .

Grace , Thanks , Trankful , Benefit , Trustworthly are just a few !!

There is a difference between GRACE and the DISPENSATION of GRACE as explained by Paul !!

dan p

(#22) Old
Gonna go back in time!

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
March 3rd, 2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
Here are some other points of view:

The Church is both the body and the bride of Christ
I'd like for those who keep saying this to show the phrase "Bride of Christ" in the Bible. Then to show Paul using it, as well as anyone other than Paul using the phrase "Body of Christ."

(#23) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
March 3rd, 2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
That is John, not the Lord. And he is speaking of the Lord, ex post facto.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#24) Old
Veteran

way 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticed
March 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
We had a good discussion not too long ago about the idea of "two gospels" being error. You can read it here: Rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
did it show your exegesis

and settle doctrinal debates like:

are believers under the law?
is baptism necessary ?
does salvation by faith require works ?
can believers lose their salvation ?
must believers keep the sabbath ?
is the rapture before the tribulation ?
is there a rapture ?

this exegesis works
circumcised= Jew under the law
uncircumcised= body of Christ

(#25) Old
TOL Subscriber

musterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peers
January 22nd, 2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
can you show how your exegesis is correct
and that Mid Acts Disp exegesis is wrong ?
All I can add to what's been said is exactly what's already been said - you won't get one. They'll CLAIM it's one, but it won't be. Never is. I've looked.

And mind you, this is coming from an ex-independent fundamental Baptist, which is about as close to a hard-core doctrinal bulldog as you can get these days. A friendly, patient MAD gave me THINGS THAT DIFFER and challenged me to refute it, to bleed red ink on it. I tried, for months. Threw the book against the wall once, it made me so angry. And then...here I am.

So what you WILL find is that those who simply cannot/will not see the revelation of the mystery for ALL that it means are quite happy with a doctrinal Mexican standoff. They'll put up strawmen and SWEAR you built them, gainsay whatever you say, ignore any number of holes you blow in their position, ignore direct questions they can't answer and pretend you never asked them, and keep repeating their same old points over and over again until one of you gets bored and disgusted and quits. Then! they usually have the unmitigated audacity to claim victory. That's why I left TOL a few years back.

BTW...some college kid a few years back supposedly wrote the end-all, be-all refutation of Joel Finck's THE MYSTERY. I have not seen it but heard it was hardly that. Point is, it's one of the few true attempts to take on MAD head-on and like the rest, it fails.

If anyone here wants to know just how rock solid MAD is, there is NO HUMAN BOOK ON EARTH I can recommend more highly than Stam's THE CONTROVERSY (now retitled HOLDING FAST THE FAITHFUL WORD). Why this one? Because it shows several doctrinal exchanges Stam had with some truly historic, recognizable names of 20th century Christianity...Ironside, DeHaan, Steadman, Rice and others. Each and every one of these cats got trounced but the book is worth buying to see just how arrogant, duplicitous and downright NASTY some of them really got back in the day when MAD was in the ascendency and a threat to water baptism (which is exactly what it amounted to for the opposers). Way2Go, if you don't have this book but are interested and promise to read it (if you haven't already) I may have a spare copy. PM me if interested.

Good night to all...

Res: I've gone and changed my sig again. I apologize for the distraction!

a ≠ b

(#26) Old
Over 3000 post club

heir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peers
heir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peers
January 22nd, 2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
We had a good discussion not too long ago about the idea of "two gospels" being error.
Right, because there are more than two gospels in the Bible.

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

(#27) Old
Veteran

way 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticedway 2 go has been getting noticed
January 22nd, 2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Stam's THE CONTROVERSY I may have a spare copy. PM me if interested.
found .pdf online

link

thanks for the book title

Quote:
So what you WILL find is that those who simply cannot/will not see the revelation of the mystery for ALL that it means are quite happy with a doctrinal Mexican standoff. They'll put up strawmen and SWEAR you built them, gainsay whatever you say, ignore any number of holes you blow in their position, ignore direct questions they can't answer and pretend you never asked them, and keep repeating their same old points over and over again until one of you gets bored and disgusted and quits. Then! they usually have the unmitigated audacity to claim victory
that is describing godrulz and others

(#28) Old
Veteran

January 22nd, 2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
musterion
Slogan/motto:
Christ + nothing else = salvation. Christ + anything else = Lake of Fire.
i wouldn't say a christian that believes he has to keep the law is going to the Lake of Fire

(#29) Old
TOL Subscriber

musterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peers
January 23rd, 2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
i wouldn't say a christian that believes he has to keep the law is going to the Lake of Fire
If a professing Christian is keeping any aspect of the Law (to which he died in Christ!) in order to keep himself saved, stay saved, prove he's saved or to be sanctified, then at the very least he has believed a false gospel of works. He or she may have truly believed the Gospel and so are regenerated and eternally secure in Christ, but is now walking not by faith but by the flesh and is on the path to self-righteousness. He or she needs to repent of it, per Paul's rebuke to the Galatians. In most cases though, I fear it is the sign of a devout, religious, sincere unbeliever who has been deceived and has never been saved - the sign of a member of Christendom but not of Christ - for if we are saved or sanctified by keeping any aspect of the Law then Christ died for nothing, yes?

a ≠ b

(#30) Old
TOL Subscriber

January 23rd, 2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
found .pdf online

link

thanks for the book title

that is describing godrulz and others
Yep, one of the people who went on my block list, quick.

Glad you found the book. Take time to read it, it's truly fascinating and will shed light on much.

a ≠ b