TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page Favorite Contemporary Musicians
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#16) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
March 4th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Band t-shirts momo........ really?

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#17) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
March 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM

Earl Klugh

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

(#18) Old
Over 1000 post club

ragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peersragTagblues is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 02:09 AM

Grizzly Bear are probably the best band around at the moment . . . .

Ö.

Really like Junip as well!

Ö.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

(#19) Old
Over 3000 post club

Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 03:20 AM

All my real favorites are too old for this thread, (appeared in 80's) Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Stones, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, Thin Lizzy.

For this thread, I'd say Kreator 85', Metallica 81', Megadeth 83', and for real new, The black Keys. Switchfoot was really good live, but I don't really like their studio stuff, they were much heavier live.

If dead bands/musicians count as contemporary, Amy Winehouse, Nirvana.

Sure I'm missing some, tired.

Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Vaquero45; March 5th, 2013 at 04:09 AM..

(#20) Old
Sha la la la

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
I've watched some Flyleaf live on Youtube. It's pretty good stuff, I watch a lot of Taylor on it too. I think she does a good live show.
Flyleaf's original lead singer left the band recently and I've yet to hear the new girl. I'll miss Lacey.

(#21) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 06:30 AM

Sometimes a band getting a new singer ruins their chemistry and vibe, but sometimes it works out. We'll have to see how it goes.

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#22) Old
Ugly Moonshine Man

Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 03:57 PM

Oh, oh, oh!

Rage Against the Machine
Audio Slave
Soundgarden

(#23) Old
Over 6000 post club

March 5th, 2013, 04:14 PM

Mmmmm, love me some Rage Against the Machine

(#24) Old
Ugly Moonshine Man

Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Mmmmm, love me some Rage Against the Machine

Yeah....

Oh and a little Beastie Boys as a chaser.... It's a sabotage!!

(#25) Old
Over 6000 post club

March 5th, 2013, 05:06 PM

Don't forget Stone Temple Pilots . They Creep up on you

(#26) Old
Over 3000 post club

Memento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Band t-shirts momo........ really?

Oh sure. Post all you want about your favorite band but as soon as you put it on a t-shirt it's "weird."

Calvin: (after a long pause) I canít tell if thatís funny or really scary.
Anti-Death

2024 Life by Delmar: Homosexuality legal in all states; Government healthcare with abortion; Outlawing Bible by broadcast by hate crime laws

(#27) Old
Ugly Moonshine Man

March 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Don't forget Stone Temple Pilots . They Creep up on you

Oh..that makes me want to listen to Radiohead

(#28) Old
Ugly Moonshine Man

March 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
Oh sure. Post all you want about your favorite band but as soon as you put it on a t-shirt it's "weird."

I love band t-shirts

(#29) Old
Ugly Moonshine Man

March 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM

...and that makes me think of Nick Cave ... how could I have forgotten him?? Shame on me...

(#30) Old
Over 6000 post club

March 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Nick Cave? The artist that makes Sound Suits?