TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?"
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

(#46) Old
BANNED

God's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticed
March 4th, 2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
This is the issue....deal with it.
Well, go ahead; convince me with scripture and wisdom from God.

Why did Jesus reinstate Peter if his faith did not fail him?

(#47) Old
Over 750 post club

March 4th, 2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
Well, go ahead; convince me with scripture and wisdom from God.

Why did Jesus reinstate Peter if his faith did not fail him?
You are a persistent fellow...a most stubborn ewe stamping her feet in defiance at the word's of the Good Shepherd.

If I accept your false contention, your reasonable objection, that Simon, also known as Peter, experienced in that moment of denial where he denied that he knew Jesus three times; If I accept that that denial constitutes what the Father or Jesus would define as a "failure of faith" then I must accept also, by logical necessity that Jesus prayer to His God and Father was ineffectual.

That is a serious accusation, that must necessarily follow if your objection is insisted upon by you personally.

Lets have a look at some of the statements made by Jesus leading up to the denials of Peter. But first lets look at the scene before hand where Jesus mentions to Simon something, yet future, but concerning him.

Jesus has just completed the eating and sharing of bread and drinking of wine, the symbols of His body and blood, and after a brief discourse turns to Simon and says

Simon, Simon, Behold ! Satan has claimed you for himself, in order to sift you as wheat, But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail. And when you have been restored, make your brothers strong. And he said to Him, Lord, I am ready to go with You both into prison and into death. And He said, I tell you Peter, surely the **** will not crow today before you deny knowing Me three times.

What is interesting here is that Jesus knows before Peter verbalizes the denials what will be said, and obviously He is aware of the circumstances involved.

Question - If Jesus knows what will transpire in every detail before Peter performs the actions - than one can correctly deduce that His prayer request concerning Peters faith, namely, that your faith not fail, must, by logical necessity, have been answered - in that Peter's faith, does in fact, in that circumstance, not constitute what is regarded by the Father, to whom Jesus made the request, as a failure of faith.

That is all that is required to establish beyond any reasonable objection that Peter's denial does not constitute a failure of faith - as defined by the Father or the Son or the Holy Spirit.

If you continue to insist otherwise regardless of the obvious expounded above...than you are most certainly...an extremely stubborn little goat.

(#48) Old
BANNED

God's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticed
March 5th, 2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
You are a persistent fellow...a most stubborn ewe stamping her feet in defiance at the word's of the Good Shepherd.

If I accept your false contention, your reasonable objection, that Simon, also known as Peter, experienced in that moment of denial where he denied that he knew Jesus three times; If I accept that that denial constitutes what the Father or Jesus would define as a "failure of faith" then I must accept also, by logical necessity that Jesus prayer to His God and Father was ineffectual.
Peterís faith did fail, but not beyond repair. He wept bitterly after he realized what he had done.
Jesus reinstated Peter.
Quote:

That is a serious accusation, that must necessarily follow if your objection is insisted upon by you personally.

Lets have a look at some of the statements made by Jesus leading up to the denials of Peter. But first lets look at the scene before hand where Jesus mentions to Simon something, yet future, but concerning him.

Jesus has just completed the eating and sharing of bread and drinking of wine, the symbols of His body and blood, and after a brief discourse turns to Simon and says

Simon, Simon, Behold ! Satan has claimed you for himself, in order to sift you as wheat, But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail. And when you have been restored, make your brothers strong. And he said to Him, Lord, I am ready to go with You both into prison and into death. And He said, I tell you Peter, surely the **** will not crow today before you deny knowing Me three times.

What is interesting here is that Jesus knows before Peter verbalizes the denials what will be said, and obviously He is aware of the circumstances involved.

Question - If Jesus knows what will transpire in every detail before Peter performs the actions - than one can correctly deduce that His prayer request concerning Peters faith, namely, that your faith not fail, must, by logical necessity, have been answered - in that Peter's faith, does in fact, in that circumstance, not constitute what is regarded by the Father, to whom Jesus made the request, as a failure of faith.

That is all that is required to establish beyond any reasonable objection that Peter's denial does not constitute a failure of faith - as defined by the Father or the Son or the Holy Spirit.

If you continue to insist otherwise regardless of the obvious expounded above...than you are most certainly...an extremely stubborn little goat.
Your demons are getting very riled. You cannot help but be slanderous can you? It is just in your nature.

(#49) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:

The above post and the logical conclusions of the Question posed section are framed to leave only one alternative in regards the basic reason one would have to adhere to...if one continued to insist upon drawing a disparate conclusion.

The disparate conclusion would have to revolve around a central theme of unbelief...in the veracity of the text concerned or of the person speaking.

In either case that is a poor outcome.

(#50) Old
BANNED

xAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peersxAvarice is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 03:00 AM

"Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?"

Would his answer change if his wife asked him the same question?

(#51) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 03:18 AM

For further consideration concerning the effectual nature of Jesus prayers.

The scene...The Garden of Gethsemane

And he came up to Jesus immediately and said, Greetings, Master ! And he kissed Him.

But Jesus said to him, Friend, why have you come ?

Then thy came up and laid hold on Jesus and held Him.
And behold ! One of those with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword. And striking a servant of the high priest, he took off his ear.

Than Jesus said to him, Put your sword back into its place, for all who take the sword shall perish by the sword.

Or do you think that I am not able now to call upon My Father, and He will place beside Me more than twelve legions of angels ?

PS - just something to think about in regards the effectualness of Jesus prayer on behalf of Simon called Peter or any of His children

(#52) Old
BANNED

March 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
The above post and the logical conclusions of the Question posed section are framed to leave only one alternative in regards the basic reason one would have to adhere to...if one continued to insist upon drawing a disparate conclusion.

The disparate conclusion would have to revolve around a central theme of unbelief...in the veracity of the text concerned or of the person speaking.

In either case that is a poor outcome.

Why don't you explain why Jesus reinstated Peter.

(#53) Old
Over 1000 post club

not4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputationnot4sure has a large reputation
March 5th, 2013, 08:30 AM

"Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?"

The key word is MORE not THESE.

(#54) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Why don't you explain why Jesus reinstated Peter.
I think I have done enough explaining

Why don't you shred my argument line by line ?

There by establishing your contention...and destroying mine ?

Sounds like the thing for you to do ?

(#55) Old
BANNED

March 5th, 2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I think I have done enough explaining

Why don't you shred my argument line by line ?

There by establishing your contention...and destroying mine ?

Sounds like the thing for you to do ?
You cannot answer questions about your beliefs. Answer the question since you claim to have true wisdom on this topic.

(#56) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Here is an example of my wisdom and knowledge....such as God has given me.

I am still waiting to see yours.

(#57) Old
BANNED

March 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Here is an example of my wisdom and knowledge....such as God has given me.

I am still waiting to see yours.

Answer the question.

Why did Jesus reinstate Peter?

(#58) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Answer the question.

Why did Jesus reinstate Peter?
Why did Jesus reinstate Peter?.....I don't know

Why don't you tell us ?

(#59) Old
BANNED

March 5th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Why did Jesus reinstate Peter?.....I don't know

Why don't you tell us ?
I have already explained it; it is because Peter’s faith failed, but not beyond repair. After Peter realized exactly what he had done, And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Luke 22:62 he wept bitterly.

(#60) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I have already explained it; it is because Peterís faith failed, but not beyond repair. After Peter realized exactly what he had done, And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Luke 22:62 he wept bitterly.

Eye c

that you are deaf dumb and blind

Tags
john 21:15, love me more then these, peter