TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: Visual history of TOL.
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
Exclamation ARCHIVE: Visual history of TOL. - June 23rd, 2005, 06:02 PM

In this thread I will do my best to catalog a running history of TOL though the ages.

Look what I dug up! A screen shot of the very first version of TheologyOnLine. Notice we didn't yet own the domain name "theologyonline.com".

This screen shot was taken Oct 27th 1997 - I am not sure how long TOL was up and running before this shot was taken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 595theology_first.jpg (197.8 KB, 270 views)

DOWNLOAD the FREE TOL App available for iPhone, iPad, and Android.

Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter

TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

-----------
Bibles for sale | Logos Bible Software 15% Off

(#2) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
June 23rd, 2005, 06:05 PM

Then we entered the hot carmel phase....

This is also when we officially got the domain name theologyonline.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4theology_retro.jpg (209.2 KB, 182 views)

-----------

Last edited by Knight; June 23rd, 2005 at 10:04 PM..

(#3) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:05 PM

This is when TOL really started to get rolling.

I think this is 1998-ish?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4theology_2000.jpg (206.8 KB, 219 views)

-----------

(#4) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:07 PM

Then TOL changed its look and took on a very clinical (some may even say) hospital-ish look.

circa 2002
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 595TheologyOnLine_2002.jpg (283.0 KB, 166 views)

-----------

Last edited by Knight; April 20th, 2010 at 12:33 PM..

(#5) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:09 PM

I am a tad fuzzy on what look came next....

You might notice I didn't take some of these screen shots. They were submitted to the old gallery from various TOL members and that's why I have them.

circa 2003
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2712desktop.jpg (190.3 KB, 152 views)

-----------

Last edited by Knight; April 20th, 2010 at 12:34 PM..

(#6) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:11 PM

Next was only a minor change from the last one....

circa 2003

Screenshot by novice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32003_tol.jpg (169.4 KB, 126 views)

-----------

Last edited by Knight; April 20th, 2010 at 12:34 PM..

(#7) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:13 PM

Then the blue phase began...

circa 2004
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 595tol_2003.jpg (316.4 KB, 127 views)

-----------

Last edited by Knight; April 20th, 2010 at 12:35 PM..

(#8) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:15 PM

Then to silver....

circa 2004
Attached Images
File Type: png 3263TOL-med.png (230.6 KB, 106 views)

-----------

(#9) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:16 PM

And just prior to the new look one of my all-time favorites banana yellow!

circa 2005
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 595TOL_2005.jpg (294.1 KB, 130 views)

-----------

(#10) Old
Happy, happy, happy.

June 23rd, 2005, 06:21 PM

And of course the hi-fi and lo-fi "Mac-ish" versions.

circa 2005

This is so "yesterday".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOL_2005_b.jpg (128.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg TOL_2005.jpg (160.4 KB, 120 views)

-----------

Last edited by Knight; April 20th, 2010 at 12:36 PM..

(#11) Old
Friendly Neighborhood Admin

Turbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peersTurbo is well respected by his peers
June 23rd, 2005, 06:26 PM

Both those pics are hi-fro.

(#12) Old
Just livin' life one day at a time.

Poly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peers
Poly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peers
June 23rd, 2005, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo
Both those pics are hi-fro.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Romans 1:16

Upgrade your TOL membership.

(#13) Old
Conjunction junction, what's your function?

The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
June 23rd, 2005, 06:29 PM

Knight,

It would be just as interesting to see all the avatars you have used throughout the years! When I joined in June 2003 you had the "purple knight" avatar.

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

(#14) Old
Just livin' life one day at a time.

Poly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peers
Poly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peers
June 23rd, 2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Berean
Knight,

It would be just as interesting to see all the avatars you have used throughout the years! When I joined in June 2003 you had the "purple knight" avatar.
You mean like in here?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Romans 1:16

Upgrade your TOL membership.

(#15) Old
Over 2000 post club

SOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputation
June 23rd, 2005, 10:02 PM

Cool pictures! It's neat seeing the progression!