TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > The Coliseum > The Grandstands
Reload this Page "BATTLE TALK" for BATTLE ROYALE #1 - Freak vs. me again
The Grandstands The grandstands are where we in the "peanut gallery" can discuss the battle.

View Poll Results: Place your bets, who do you think will present the most convincing argument?
Freak 19 52.78%
me again 17 47.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#136) Old
Pilgrimagain

Tony,

In regards to those who have never heard...Our only assurance and hope is that whatever God does will be right.

Pilgrim

(#137) Old
Resident Atheist

Zakath acts like a tree huggin' hippyZakath acts like a tree huggin' hippy
July 12th, 2002, 09:16 AM

A belated greeting Kimberblu!

Landlord, send that nice lady (and her husband of course!) one of whatever they're having on my tab...

(#138) Old
Veteran

Eireann is an unknown quantity at this point
July 12th, 2002, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaltus
By the way, I call Pilgrimagain Pa because I AM LAZY!
But not so lazy that you didn't feel the need to explain that, eh?

Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!

(#139) Old
Veteran

Eireann is an unknown quantity at this point
July 12th, 2002, 12:41 PM

Kimberblue,

Greetings and salutations from one of the TOL pagans (unlike Evangelion, I can't be heretic, no matter how hard I badger Freak). Good hubby you got there.

Welcome aboard.

Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!

(#140) Old
Over 500 post club

Jaltus is an unknown quantity at this point
July 12th, 2002, 02:13 PM

Well, I figured it might look a little weird to her, that her hubby is called Pa by someone who is not his son, hehe.

For Greek conversion, click here.
<opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily those of TOL or the TOL Holding Company, and are in fact probably either wrong or dangerous or something even worse. In the event of a world-wide catastrophe coming from one of these posts, all we can say is we did not do it and we warned you not to listen to this post, but NOOOOO, you knew what you were doing all along and yet you STILL managed to destroy part of a continent and yet missed Hollywood! Any resemblance to mathematicians dead or alive is strictly on purpose.>

(#141) Old
Rookie

Justin is an unknown quantity at this point
July 12th, 2002, 08:04 PM

I really enjoyed the discussion guys Thanks for some good talk. Regarding one thing Me again said in his last response in the debate, though...

Quote:
I know of many denominations that require the baptismal candidate to say that "Jesus is Lord." However, I cannot find one denomination that requires the candidate to say that "Jesus is God" prior to allowing them to be baptized. Can you find any such denomination? There is a valid reason why we don't require this extra-biblical statement to become a Christian.
When you join the Orthodox Church as a convert (and I assume in the Catholic Church as well), you have to say the Nicene(-Constantinoplitan) creed, and must affirm what is said in the creed fully, including the belief that Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God. You can't be Orthodox (and I assume Catholic) if you don't affirm this. I don't know if the Lutherans, Anglicans, et al., but just the Catholic/Orthodox Churches make up about 60% of the Christian population.

Last edited by Justin; July 12th, 2002 at 08:07 PM..

Closed Thread