TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page GUNS!
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1201) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
May 11th, 2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Emanuel View Post
As am I. My preference for the 1911 comes from the fact that the trigger can be squeezed accidentally. Things get into you're holster sometimes and when your holstering your really just shoving the firearm into a hole; if theirs something hanging up it could push against the trigger.

I have never heard of this happening however, so perhaps its just excessive caution on my part.
Eeehhh....Yes and no. It can happen but it's usually someone wasn't paying attention to the condition of his equipment. The negligent discharges I have seen with these types of pistols seems to always revolve around the part of the holster which is supposed to be covering the trigger gets soft and crumpled/folded up. The result is the fold pressing on the trigger during re-holstering. In one case I heard of, it happened when the guy sat down in his car.

Supposedly using a Kydex holster (as opposed to leather) keeps this from happening...I hate Kydex....That old school thing again.

Quote:
And a tip of the hat to you.

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#1202) Old
Over 750 post club

Dan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticed
May 11th, 2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
Eeehhh....Yes and no. It can happen but it's usually someone wasn't paying attention to the condition of his equipment. The negligent discharges I have seen with these types of pistols seems to always revolve around the part of the holster which is supposed to be covering the trigger gets soft and crumpled/folded up. The result is the fold pressing on the trigger during re-holstering. In one case I heard of, it happened when the guy sat down in his car.
OK. I appreciate you're response, taking the time and all. I was hoping that it wasn't something like this with the Glock, that it was all just in my head, but I guess not.

This just never happens with a 1911. I mean, I'm sure it does, but its got to be when the thumb safety is somehow disengaged (either accidentally, or, more likely when holstering, negligently, as you shouldn't holster this device without first engaging the thumb safety).
Quote:
Supposedly using a Kydex holster (as opposed to leather) keeps this from happening...I hate Kydex....That old school thing again.
I don't mind Kydex. I use a combo/hybrid Kydex/leather called a Minotaur I think. It's tuckable, and the leathers against you, and the Kydex is for the pistol. Its not bad.
Quote:
'Been a pleasure.

Daniel

Last edited by Dan Emanuel; May 11th, 2015 at 10:51 PM..

(#1203) Old
TOL Legend

The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
The Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peersThe Berean is well respected by his peers
May 27th, 2015, 12:20 PM

I've never heard of this gun. Has anyone ever seen one or fired one?

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

(#1204) Old
Over 6000 post club

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
May 27th, 2015, 01:22 PM

I have heard, many of the "so-called" accidents with Glocks happen when an officer is reholstering his/her gun. If their finger is still inside the trigger guard, reholstering will cause the finger to fully engage the trigger firing a shot into a person's leg. I even heard of one officer doing this twice, seconds apart. If training can be defeated by a lack of concentration, something like the Siderlock will provide a 4th Glock safety. All but one of my Glocks have a Siderlocks installed by a Glock armourer. Or you can buy the parts on Amazon and do it yourself.

Besides Glocks, I like DA/SA Sigs of all calibers. You can feel the quality that goes into a Sig when you pick it up. Sigs patterned after the 1911 are SA with a safety. I have one Sig and one Colt like this, the Colt being Commander sized.

I'm not too keen on pistols having a magazine lock. This means, when a magazine is dropped, the gun is safe until a new magazine is inserted. Browning Hi-Powers are like that.

I have two DA revolvers with exposed hammers. These aren't carry pieces so I'm not concerned about the hammer catching on clothing. I don't care what the Gun Mags say, the only DA revolver for me is a Smith & Wesson. I have a 686-6.

As for rifles, I know very little about rifles but have several. I'm hoping to be more knowledgable before summer is out.

“Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom." ― Charles Spurgeon

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

(#1205) Old
Over 750 post club

Dan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticedDan Emanuel has been getting noticed
May 27th, 2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
I have heard, many of the "so-called" accidents with Glocks happen when an officer is reholstering his/her gun. If their finger is still inside the trigger guard, reholstering will cause the finger to fully engage the trigger firing a shot into a person's leg. I even heard of one officer doing this twice, seconds apart.
These are the type's of accident's I worry about, and what prompted my post's concerning Glock's versus the 1911. For me, this evidence make's the 1911 the inherently safer tool.
Quote:
Sigs patterned after the 1911 are SA with a safety.
Do you mean by "Sigs patterned after the 1911" actual 1911s? The pattern is available for anybody to make, being a Sig instead of a Colt doesn't make it not a 1911...AFAIK anyway.
Quote:
I'm not too keen on pistols having a magazine lock. This means, when a magazine is dropped, the gun is safe until a new magazine is inserted. Browning Hi-Powers are like that.
I agree with you.

Daniel

(#1206) Old
Over 6000 post club

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
May 27th, 2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
[/COLOR]These are the type's of accident's I worry about, and what prompted my post's concerning Glock's versus the 1911. For me, this evidence make's the 1911 the inherently safer tool.
1911's aren't 1911s anymore. There's the Colt series 70, 80, 1991, et al. The better 1911's now are using parts made by others, semi-customed for their guns. Most, but not all, parts are interchangeable. My Colt and Sig use the same magazines without a problem. One thing I don't like about SA guns is you have to leave the safety on all the time, unless you remove the round in the chamber. This means your hammer spring is always compressed. Maybe it's not a problem, maybe it could be. With a Glock, the striker spring is only compressed fully when the trigger is pulled. It is in half-**** position until then. I like that because it's always loaded.

A good 1911 will be more accurate, but not by that much. I got rid of my first 1911 for more money than I paid for it and used that money to buy a Sig P220 DA/SA. I don't regret buying that Sig but I missed not having a 1911. My favorite Gun Shop just happened to have a Sig 1911 with Nite Sights and it fit my hand perfectly. On another visit, a Colt Commander jumped out of the case into my hand before I could get my wallet out. So I have 4 .45 ACP guns with three different trigger systems. The Glock I have is a Glock 30SF. I have a holster for it for carry but usually carry a Glock 27 in .40 S&W.
Quote:
Do you mean by "Sigs patterned after the 1911" actual 1911s? The pattern is available for anybody to make, being a Sig instead of a Colt doesn't make it not a 1911...AFAIK anyway.[/COLOR]I agree with you.
Daniel
The original 1911 is over 100 years old. The 1911 design has changed over the years, and some of that's been good, some not so much. Sigs, in my opinion, have stayed true to the original design only enhancing it with Nite Sights, beaver-tail grip safety, skeletonized trigger, checkering and grips. The Colt 1911 I have is different also. Stock sites are different than my old Springfield Armory 1911A1, which had GI WWII era sites. A Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911 will look more like my Colt than an original Colt from 1911. Actually, I believe some design changes took place after WWI and the 1911 we all know and love was upgraded in 1924. Then there's the Series 70 vs. Series 80, etc.

“Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom." ― Charles Spurgeon

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

(#1207) Old
Over 750 post club

May 27th, 2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
1911's aren't 1911s anymore. There's the Colt series 70, 80, 1991, et al. The better 1911's now are using parts made by others, semi-customed for their guns. Most, but not all, parts are interchangeable.
I like the external extractor over the internal --simpler. Thats 1 part thats not interchangeable.
Quote:
My Colt and Sig use the same magazines without a problem. One thing I don't like about SA guns is you have to leave the safety on all the time, unless you remove the round in the chamber. This means your hammer spring is always compressed. Maybe it's not a problem, maybe it could be.
Its not a problem. I'm going out on a bit of a limb they're, but I have literally never heard of anybody having a problem with a hammer spring on a moderate-quality 1911.

That doesn't mean anything in and of itself of course, except as a/by way of comparison, to what I've heard about negligent/accidental discharge's with Glock's. I've heard of those happening.

Spring's are fine when their compressed. You store all you're magazine's loaded, correct? Because an empty magazine is useless? Those spring's are just as important as you're hammer spring on you're carry gun, especially if you only have the 1, or the 1 and a back-up or 2. 'Can't chamber round 2 if you're mag spring fail's, and again, on moderate-quality mag's, the spring is always fine.

(I'm open to being shown that I'm wrong on that, S.O.G., if you have information suggesting the contrary. )
Quote:
With a Glock, the striker spring is only compressed fully when the trigger is pulled. It is in half-**** position until then. I like that because it's always loaded.
Yup.
Quote:
A good 1911 will be more accurate, but not by that much.
Than a Glock? I think production Glock's are more accurate and better shooter's in some or many regard's than moderate quality production 1911s. Just because of mag capacity (I won't use a doublestack 1911) you can hurl a lot more lead at the problem/target with a Glock for starter's. I like the trigger pull better on the 1911 but its not a big deal either way.

I anticipate pistol-range range's for a pistol, and the accuracy for me is more about me being able to shoot by muscle memory rather than having my handgun be inherently more accurate, which come's down to training, getting that muscle memory in their so its automatic in adrenaline saturated experience's. I'm speaking of course of self defense scenario's. Where accuracy is more important even than the inherent safety of the tool, I think you can get more value in a Glock, all other thing's being equal. Which their not.
Quote:
I got rid of my first 1911 for more money than I paid for it

Quote:
and used that money to buy a Sig P220 DA/SA. I don't regret buying that Sig but I missed not having a 1911. My favorite Gun Shop just happened to have a Sig 1911 with Nite Sights and it fit my hand perfectly. On another visit, a Colt Commander jumped out of the case into my hand before I could get my wallet out. So I have 4 .45 ACP guns with three different trigger systems. The Glock I have is a Glock 30SF. I have a holster for it for carry but usually carry a Glock 27 in .40 S&W.
I should search for that model (Glock 30SF) before asking, but is that the tiny little singlestack .45? I love that 1....
Quote:
The original 1911 is over 100 years old. The 1911 design has changed over the years, and some of that's been good, some not so much.
I don't know of any change --speaking again of moderate-quality 1911s --that isn't good. I like all the change's.
Quote:
Sigs, in my opinion, have stayed true to the original design only enhancing it with Nite Sights, beaver-tail grip safety, skeletonized trigger, checkering and grips.
Thats what everybody does now. Skeletonized hammer too, and I love the ambi thumb safeties too.
Quote:
The Colt 1911 I have is different also. Stock sites are different than my old Springfield Armory 1911A1, which had GI WWII era sites. A Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911 will look more like my Colt than an original Colt from 1911. Actually, I believe some design changes took place after WWI and the 1911 we all know and love was upgraded in 1924. Then there's the Series 70 vs. Series 80, etc.
The whole thing with the 1911 for me though is the 3 independent, utterly reliable safety system's. Those haven't changed. The grip safety and the thumb safety are typically extended now (another 2 modern change's to the design that we both forgot to mention, along with that the backstrap is typically flat instead of rounded), but they're has been no change to the fundamental mechanism of each safety system.

'Been a pleasure, S.O.G.

Daniel

(#1208) Old
Over 6000 post club

Yesterday, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I like the external extractor over the internal --simpler. Thats 1 part thats not interchangeable.
Its not a problem. I'm going out on a bit of a limb they're, but I have literally never heard of anybody having a problem with a hammer spring on a moderate-quality 1911.
My Sig 1911 has an external extractor. My Colt Commander has an internal extractor. I've had no problem with either. I pay more for quality and reliability.
Quote:
That doesn't mean anything in and of itself of course, except as a/by way of comparison, to what I've heard about negligent/accidental discharge's with Glock's. I've heard of those happening.
I've never had an accidental discharge even when would-be home invaders were trying to break-in my front door. I used a Glock 27 in .40 S&W. There's a reason Glock's are so popular with police and civilians alike. The only guy I know that had an accidental discharge was with a Beretta 92F, 9mm. I only know about that since he came into work with his arm in a sling.
Quote:
Spring's are fine when their compressed. You store all you're magazine's loaded, correct? Because an empty magazine is useless? Those spring's are just as important as you're hammer spring on you're carry gun, especially if you only have the 1, or the 1 and a back-up or 2. 'Can't chamber round 2 if you're mag spring fail's, and again, on moderate-quality mag's, the spring is always fine.
Recommended practice for ALL magazine fed weapons is to load one less than maximum on magazines to preserve springs. I do not believe one needs to be that careful with Wolf springs. My .45s, Glock, Colt, and Sig (2) I do not keep loaded as they are not used for home protection at this time. My wife has three .40 caliber Glocks herself, 1 in the car and 2 in the home. I alternate between carry and car guns between a Glock 26, Glock 27, and Glock 33 with two barrels. I've shot my Glock 30SF (Compact) enough that I'd feel perfectly comfortable carrying it. I now have concealable holsters for my Glock 30SF, 19 and 23, and since I've lost 22 lbs because of diabetes, I may start carrying one of my Glock compacts instead of subcompacts.
Quote:
(I'm open to being shown that I'm wrong on that, S.O.G., if you have information suggesting the contrary. )
Every accident I know of regarding Glocks is the result of poor training. There's a lot of "stories" out there, how true they are is questionable. I do know for a fact that my boss blew his Kimber 1911 up using reloaded ammo. Personally, I've not had a problem with reloads. There's a reason 57% of all police departments and government agencies use Glocks.
Quote:
Than a Glock? I think production Glock's are more accurate and better shooter's in some or many regard's than moderate quality production 1911s. Just because of mag capacity (I won't use a doublestack 1911) you can hurl a lot more lead at the problem/target with a Glock for starter's. I like the trigger pull better on the 1911 but its not a big deal either way.
After I had three Glocks, I tried a 1911 rental at a range. The gun felt so good that I knew I had to have one. So I bought a used Springfield Armory 1911A1, Series 70 trigger and GI sites. I liked the gun but hated the sites. Since I'm a collector as well as a shooter, most guns I buy I still have. The S/A 1911 was going to cost me more money that if I bought a new 1911 with the essentials. So I used it as a trade-in on a Sig P220 (.45 but not a 1911). Shoots and feels great. I bought my Sig 1911 later.
Quote:
I anticipate pistol-range range's for a pistol, and the accuracy for me is more about me being able to shoot by muscle memory rather than having my handgun be inherently more accurate, which come's down to training, getting that muscle memory in their so its automatic in adrenaline saturated experience's. I'm speaking of course of self defense scenario's. Where accuracy is more important even than the inherent safety of the tool, I think you can get more value in a Glock, all other thing's being equal. Which their not.

I should search for that model (Glock 30SF) before asking, but is that the tiny little singlestack .45? I love that 1.....
You're talking about the Glock 36. Now that's a single stack .45. I don't have one yet...
Quote:
I don't know of any change --speaking again of moderate-quality 1911s --that isn't good. I like all the change's.
Thats what everybody does now. Skeletonized hammer too, and I love the ambi thumb safeties too.
The whole thing with the 1911 for me though is the 3 independent, utterly reliable safety system's. Those haven't changed. The grip safety and the thumb safety are typically extended now (another 2 modern change's to the design that we both forgot to mention, along with that the backstrap is typically flat instead of rounded), but they're has been no change to the fundamental mechanism of each safety system.

'Been a pleasure, S.O.G.

Daniel
My first 1911 had the curved backstrap which I really liked at the time. When I tried out the flat mainspring housing, I liked that two. I thought I could always change it to curved but never felt the need. The two guns that fit my hand like they were molded for it are a Colt SAA in .45 LC and a CZ 75B in 9 mm. I don't have the first but do have the 2nd. I'm a collector afterall.

Last edited by Saved.One.by.Grace; Today at 01:55 PM..

(#1209) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
Today, 11:34 AM

For Delmar:

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#1210) Old
TOL Subscriber

CabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peers
CabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peersCabinetMaker is well respected by his peers
Today, 11:44 AM

My Pistols needed new grips. So I made some!

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

(#1211) Old
Over 750 post club

Today, 01:10 PM

Quote:
My Sig 1911 has an external extractor. My Colt Commander has an internal extractor. I've had no problem with either. I pay more for quality and reliability.
I like that external extractor's are simpler, but I've never owned 1 without an external extractor. I only know I don't have to worry about "tuning" my external's.
Quote:
I've never had an accidental discharge even when would-be home invaders were trying to break-in my front door.
I've never had either a negligent or accidental discharge either, though I never had such a scary experience as that!
Quote:
I used a Glock 27 in .40 S&W. There's a reason Glock's are so popular with police and civilians alike.
They are very simple and very reliable.
Quote:
The only gun I know had an accidental discharge was a Beretta 92F, 9mm. I only know about that since he came into work with his arm in a sling.
Wow. I've never even fired 1 of those, but I know they are standard issue sidearm for the Marines.
Quote:
Recommended practice for ALL magazine fed weapons is to load less than maximum on magazines to prefer springs. I do not believe one needs to be that careful with Wolf springs.
I buy quality mag's myself. You really don't want to skimp on something you may wind up using to defend yourself or other's.
Quote:
My .45s, Glock, Colt, and Sig (2) I do not keep loaded as they are not used for home protection at this time. My wife has three .40 caliber Glocks herself, 1 in the car and 2 in the home. I alternate between carry and car guns between a Glock 26, Glock 27, and Glock 33 with two barrels. I've shot my Glock 30SF (Compact) enough that I'd feel perfectly comfortable carrying it. I now have concealable holsters for my Glock 30SF, 19 and 23, and since I've lost 22 lbs because of diabetes, I may start carrying one of my Glock compacts instead of subcompacts.
Sound's like you have a well armed family.
Quote:
Every accident I know of regarding Glocks is the result of poor training. There's a lot of "stories" out there, how true they are is questionable.
My concern with Glock's is that they are not "concussion-proof." Concussion's happen, you never know when, and if you suffer a concussion for whatever reason, the chance's that you'll have an accidental discharge with a Glock is greater than with a 1911, due to those 3 system's of safety.
Quote:
I do know for a fact that my boss blew his Kimber 1911 up using reloaded ammo. Personally, I've not had a problem with reloads.
Wow, scary.
Quote:
There's a reason 57% of all police departments and government agencies use Glocks.
Very reliable. I hadn't heard about anybody "blowing (up)" there 1911 with any kind of ammo.
Quote:
After I had three Glocks, I tried a 1911 rental at a range. The gun felt so good that I knew I had to have one.
I prefer the cant on the 1911 to the more forward slanting Glock. I know I'd get used to the Glock over time, but the 1911 being a little more straight up and down does feel more natural to me also.
Quote:
So I bought a used Springfield Armory 1911A1, Series 70 trigger and GI sites. I liked the gun but hated the sites.
I greatly prefer newer site's, like the night-site's you mentioned before.
Quote:
Since I'm a collector as well as a shooter, most guns I buy I still have. The S/A 1911 was going to cost me more money that if I bought a new 1911 with the essentials. So I used it as a trade-in on a Sig P220 (.45 but not a 1911). Shoots and feels great. I bought my Sig 1911 later.
Quote:

You're talking about the Glock 36. Now that's a single stack .45. I don't have one yet...
Its such a small little thing, and pack's a whallop with .45s. Small enough realistically for an ankle holster, though its still a Glock, and I've got safety concern's with them (as I've been indicating).

I've looked at the smaller/compact 1911s, and if I won the lottery I'd avail myself of 1 or 2 of them.

'Ever fired a 1911 chambered in 9mm? I haven't, but the idea intrigue's me, especially for the wife, who like's the 1911 in .45 but wishes' it were a little less powerful in her hand.
Quote:
My first 1911 had the curved backstrap which I really liked at the time. When I tried out the flat mainspring housing, I liked that two. I thought I could always change it to curved but never felt the need. The two guns that fit my hand like they were molded for it are a Colt SAA in .45 LC and a CZ 75B in 9 mm. I don't have the first but do have the 2nd. I'm a collector afterall.

Daniel

Tags
guns, self-defense