Originally Posted by christnow
This is one of the worst arguments of all!
Here is this argument - "The Canaanites deserved to be wiped out because they were super evil. They even killed 15% of their nation's infants, and we all know that that is a great evil. So Joshua carried out the punishment of their evil by killing, not just 15%, but the rest of the 85%, he killed 100% of that nation's infants. Proving Joshua's actions to be righteous, and Canaan to be evil beyond repair."
Read what I just wrote over and over and over again, and see how deep your ignorance must be to try to maintain that the god of Joshua is not even .01% evil.
If I was an infant in Canaan, I'd say to myself "Okay, I got a 85% chance to survive being that the parents in this culture kill some of their babies... but if Joshua comes through, I have no chance of survival. I think I'll pass on the Joshua invasion thing."
Again, the people who try to say that Joshua's actions were not evil and that god was not evil for ordering it say this - "Joshua carried out the punishment on the Canaanites because the Canaanites killed some infants, so Joshua killed all their infants and all the parents and old people. Praise God!"
This self destructive argument destroys itself in many ways, one of the most obvious being that it acknowledges just how blatantly evil killing infants truly is.
The Israelites beat the inhabitants of Jericho on any given day if we are talking about who was more evil - being that Jericho didn't invade into Israel who was trying to mind their own business hiding behind a wall only to be imposed upon and to see their infants thrust through with the sword cruelly by bloodthirsty soldiers, and share the same fate soon thereafter.
And BTW, Joshua beats hitler any day of the week...
All of you people who say "I would kill Hitler as a baby", if you also don't say "I would kill Joshua as a baby" - you are a hypocrite. If you have baby Joshua in one hand, and baby Hitler in the other and you could only kill one - I better hear a splat of the Joshua baby.
This is deep and it is intricate, but the problem is that God beats Joshua and Hitler in the evil race.
If Hitler said "I do evil" you would believe him because his record shows it.
So therefore when the god of Joshua says "I do create evil" in Isaiah 45:7 - no questions or rationalizations should follow if you know your bibles.
I am a genius.
Tyranny in religion or politics can only survive by common consent of the people...neither religious or political acts are done in isolation but by the will of the people.
That includes Germany. One true prophet of God, as in the case of Elijah outweighs the whole population.