TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page GUNS!
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1231) Old
Over 5000 post club

Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
June 1st, 2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Emanuel View Post
==
[/COLOR]I'm not that big. I don't really want to carry on my ankle anyway, I just thought that tiny little Glock .45 is a neat pistol.

Daniel
That is the one I have now.

So, what?

believe it!

(#1232) Old
Old Timer

June 2nd, 2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
Why not go with a 7 mag. ? If you want the standard long action, look up John Sundra; his was like a Brown Wellen, I think; that is, the shoulder was moved forward. Personally I think my husband was right the 280 is a near perfect round for most game.
I pretty much have to agree with your hubby on that! It (the .280) rivals the .270 with it's flat trajectory coupled with a wide bullet selection that approaches .30 cal in total offerings.

My model 77 Ruger 7mm rem express (AKA .280 rem) has been my mainstay large game (fast food) rifle for a few decades. I wouldn't hesitate to put it up against anything in the Western Hemisphere. But, sadly, after those decades of faithful service, it needs to have the chamber throat refreshed. Aaaaaaand, I like to play with ballistics. I love the 7mm low ballistic coefficient characteristics.

Less powder, cheaper/more available brass and lower recoil than the 7 mag. are also factors that I'm considering. I'm an avid hand loader, so off the shelf ammo is of no concern to me.

(#1233) Old
Over 6000 post club

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
June 8th, 2015, 07:53 AM

NRA: Gun blogs, videos, web forums threatened by new State Dept. regulation

Commonly used and unregulated internet discussions and videos about guns and ammo could be closed down under rules proposed by the State Department, amounting to a "gag order on firearm-related speech," the National Rifle Association is warning.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...cmp=latestnews

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

(#1234) Old
Over 6000 post club

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
June 8th, 2015, 04:04 PM

Gun grabbing making the news.

Cherished family heirlooms were among the 21 firearms Michael Roberts surrendered to the Torrance Police Department in 2010, after his doctor filed a restraining order against him.

The court order was the result of a dispute Roberts had with a member of the doctor’s staff and, after Roberts pleaded no contest, the matter was resolved. Yet, even though he filed the proper Law Enforcement Gun Release paperwork on four separate occasions, obtained clearance from the California Department of Justice and had two court orders commanding the return of his guns, police refused to hand them over.

With the backing of the National Rifle Association and California Rifle and Pistol Association, Roberts filed a federal lawsuit in May 2014, over the $15,500 worth of firearms. In the end he got the money, but not the guns. The police had had them destroyed.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=obinsite

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

(#1235) Old
Over 6000 post club

June 10th, 2015, 09:36 AM

Gun news from Wisconsin:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...gun_sales.html

(#1236) Old
Smoke 'em all

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
June 10th, 2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
I pretty much have to agree with your hubby on that! It (the .280) rivals the .270 with it's flat trajectory coupled with a wide bullet selection that approaches .30 cal in total offerings.
This is why SF developed their own cartridge for the M4, and it uses a .277 bullet in a 30 case. It is hands down the best choice for the AR in a short barrel. 300 Blackout is a sham. You are better off with an AK in that scenario.

Quote:
These failures to incapacitate spurred the 5th Special Forces Group (SFG) to design an "Enhanced Rifle Cartridge" (ERC) to outperform 5.45x39mm, 5.56, 5.8x42mm and 7.62x39mm. MSG Steve Holland (5th SFG (A)) and Cris Murray of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit (USAMU) led the ERC project to provide optimum terminal performance from an M4 with minimal changes to the weapon. Troy Lawton (Chief Ballistics Technician) and Cris Murray (Service Rifle and R&D Gunsmith) of the USAMU assisted in developing loads, and built the rifles for the ERC project.

Once the case dimensions were tweaked to fit and work in M4-compatible magazines, the project team quickly turned their attention to bore size. Derivative wildcats from 5.56mm to up 7.62mm diameter shooting bullets from 90 to 140 grains were subjected to a battery of tests, and a sweet spot emerged. The 6.5mm bullets showed the best accuracy and the 7mm bullets were the most destructive, but the 0.277-inch bullets showed almost the same accuracy and trajectory as the 6.5mm and almost the terminal performance of the 7mm. When necked down to 0.277-inch and shooting 115-grain bullets, it provided the best combination of combat accuracy, reliability and terminal performance for up to 500 meter engagements. This cartridge was deemed 6.8 Remington Special Purpose Cartridge (SPC), because 0.277 inch is 6.8mm in metric and .30 Remington provided the parent case.
The DoD did not adopt as the standard cartridge, but their are sales verified by the ammo makers. Non standard issue. The infamous Marine General Mattis pushed for it, but the machine said no. Its use now is a hunting round for the AR platform. And Ferguson defense.

Quote:
Based on their experience with 7.62x39mm, the project team set a velocity goal of 200fps faster than the AK-47 ammunition from the same barrel length, with a projectile that provided a better ballistic coefficient (BC) and terminal performance. This was achieved very soon into the project using Sierra 115-grain and Hornady 110-grain Open-Tip Match (OTM) bullets. Using Ramshot 1660 powder for initial development, the team easily exceeded the 200fps goal. Shooting from an 18-inch SPR barrel, these loads shot 2635 to 2650fps, 300fps faster than the AK-47.

Unlike military-industrial-complex programs such as the XM-8, the ERC project was driven directly by Special Forces shooters at the spear's tip-- men who had been on the giving and receiving ends of fire. The 6.8 SPC was developed with less than $5,000 initial investment of government funds; later development costs were paid for by industry. This is in stark contrast to top-down "next generation" programs costing the tax-payers millions and rarely producing usable weapons systems.
Those ballistics are nearly the same as the venerable 30-30, in an AR rifle.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#1237) Old
Smoke 'em all

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
June 19th, 2015, 05:29 PM

Colt has filed for Chapter 11 protection.

WEST HARTFORD, Conn.--Colt Defense LLC (“Colt” and the “Company”) announced today in voluntary Chapter 11 materials filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware (the “Bankruptcy Court”) a process that will allow for an accelerated sale of Colt’s business operations in the US and Canada.

Colt’s current sponsor, Sciens Capital Management LLC (“Sciens”), has agreed to act as a “stalking horse bidder” and has proposed to purchase substantially all of Colt’s assets and assume secured liabilities and all liabilities related to existing agreements with employees, customers, vendors, and trade creditors. Colt intends for the sale to ensure a smooth and swift transition of the business with all of its iconic brands, products, and operations supported by a stronger balance sheet due to a significantly lower debt burden. As part of the Sciens led bid, Colt will be able to reassure its employees and local community of its commitment to continued operations in West Hartford through a long term extension on the lease for its manufacturing facilities and campus in West Hartford. In accordance with the sale process under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, notice of the pending sale to Sciens will be given to third parties and competing bids will be solicited, with an independent committee of Colt’s board of managers established to manage the bidding process and evaluate bids.

Sad from an historical perspective, but I guess not surprising. They have 3 weapons, the AR, SAA and 1911. And now they have competition with better products and equal products at much lower prices.

Jesus saves completely.

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

(#1238) Old
Over 2500 post club

Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
June 19th, 2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
Colt has filed for Chapter 11 protection.

WEST HARTFORD, Conn.--Colt Defense LLC (“Colt” and the “Company”) announced today in voluntary Chapter 11 materials filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware (the “Bankruptcy Court”) a process that will allow for an accelerated sale of Colt’s business operations in the US and Canada.

Colt’s current sponsor, Sciens Capital Management LLC (“Sciens”), has agreed to act as a “stalking horse bidder” and has proposed to purchase substantially all of Colt’s assets and assume secured liabilities and all liabilities related to existing agreements with employees, customers, vendors, and trade creditors. Colt intends for the sale to ensure a smooth and swift transition of the business with all of its iconic brands, products, and operations supported by a stronger balance sheet due to a significantly lower debt burden. As part of the Sciens led bid, Colt will be able to reassure its employees and local community of its commitment to continued operations in West Hartford through a long term extension on the lease for its manufacturing facilities and campus in West Hartford. In accordance with the sale process under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, notice of the pending sale to Sciens will be given to third parties and competing bids will be solicited, with an independent committee of Colt’s board of managers established to manage the bidding process and evaluate bids.

Sad from an historical perspective, but I guess not surprising. They have 3 weapons, the AR, SAA and 1911. And now they have competition with better products and equal products at much lower prices.
The SAA prices always blew my mind. It's neat to have a real "Colt" but not for what they wanted. Like you say, sad, but doesn't surprise me at all.

Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

(#1239) Old
Smoke 'em all

June 19th, 2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaquero45 View Post
The SAA prices always blew my mind. It's neat to have a real "Colt" but not for what they wanted. Like you say, sad, but doesn't surprise me at all.
Think of the incomparable Hickok45. He always talks up the SAA yet mentions this is the Uberti version. What are people going to buy?

I wanted a series 70 1911 and they were not in production so I bought the Springfield Armory. None of the SAs have the firing pin block. I saw a few months ago another production run of the 70 but it is too late and too much money.

Jesus saves completely.

(#1240) Old
TOL Subscriber

Pierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peers
July 2nd, 2015, 12:01 AM

Got a new pistols for competition shooting... CZ 75 Tactical Sport ... installed upgraded front sites... extended safety and diamond carbon fiber grips! It's Sweet!!!
Oh yea... 1.75lb trigger pull from the factory! Not your carry gun for sure!

20150701_224750.jpg

From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth,
From the laziness that is content with half-truths,
From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,
Oh God of Truth, deliver us.

~ Ancient Prayer

(#1241) Old
TOL Subscriber

Pierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peersPierac is well respected by his peers
July 2nd, 2015, 12:06 AM

Built a fun 22lr gun for Steel Challenge too... It weighs over 3 lbs and shoots like a dream! No recoil and can hit a fly at 25yrds!

20150618_145901.jpg

I still have yet to install the Volquartsen accurizing trigger kit I have... So many Guns... so little time...

Paul

~ Ancient Prayer

(#1242) Old
TOL Subscriber

July 2nd, 2015, 12:44 AM

This is my work horse gun...

You have no idea how sweet this setup is for a old guy like me... That RTS2 red dot along with a 2lb trigger pull is a dream come true! As age no longer matters when shooting competitions with this gun

Attached Images
File Type: jpg XDm.jpg (81.2 KB, 5 views)

~ Ancient Prayer

Tags
guns, self-defense