TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Theology Club > MidActs Dispensationalism
Reload this Page Theology Club: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?
MidActs Dispensationalism Acts 9 (or MidActs) Dispensationalism acknowledges the scriptural presentation of the dispensation of grace having begun with, not before, Paul; and its adherents accept the admonishment of Jesus Christ Himself that members of the Body of Christ follow Paul as he followed Christ.

(#361) Old
My "other" = Bible Only mid-Acts dispensationalist

musterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peersmusterion is well respected by his peers
November 9th, 2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heir View Post
You're seeing it. Happy studying!
Keep explaining, Priscilla, I'm listening! (seriously)

Quote:
"What is the one thing that [believers] need? Simply this. A living faith in the living God! This is what is needed for all who are disturbed by what they see without, or feel within. Our unfailing resource is this, trust in a living God and in His Son Jesus Christ, revealed by the Eternal Spirit in the Scriptures of Truth."

(#362) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
Bright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peersBright Raven is well respected by his peers
November 12th, 2014, 04:05 PM

I ordered Bob's book today and am looking forward to the read when it arrives.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

(#363) Old
Over 500 post club

way 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselves
November 12th, 2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
I ordered Bob's book today and am looking forward to the read when it arrives.
when i read it i knew nothing about Mid Acts Dispensation
you will definitely have a different perspective of the plot than me.

(#364) Old
Let's roll!

Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
December 7th, 2014, 05:49 PM

One of our resident TOLers bought me The Plot.
Spoiler
It was Stripe. Ain't he wonderful!

I am just now getting at a point where I have the time to really dive into it.
It should be a real good study through these winter months.
So I got this thread bookmarked so I can read through it as I read the book.

(#365) Old
Let's roll!

Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
Tambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peersTambora is well respected by his peers
December 7th, 2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heir View Post

I'll get right to it.
Romans 11:19-22 KJV Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Romans 11:19-22 KJV cannot be speaking about us yet The Plot (Bob) says it is on or around pages 57-60 and again on page 69 (and no doubt, elsewhere). How could it possibly be speaking of us saved and sealed members of the Body of Christ? It can't be! We can't be cut off! When we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ; that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) we are saved and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (the earnest of our inheritance) unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 4:30 KJV)
This is a good point.

If OSAS is true, then the wild branches grafted in cannot be those that accept the gospel of grace. For as you say, they cannot be cut off.

So who do you say the wild branches are?

(#366) Old
Over 500 post club

way 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselvesway 2 go is making a name for themselves
December 7th, 2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
One of our resident TOLers bought me The Plot.
Spoiler
It was Stripe. Ain't he wonderful!

I am just now getting at a point where I have the time to really dive into it.
It should be a real good study through these winter months.
So I got this thread bookmarked so I can read through it as I read the book.

audio intro of the book 70min

http://kgov.com/bel/20141204

(#367) Old
TOL Subscriber

SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
December 8th, 2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
This is a good point.

If OSAS is true, then the wild branches grafted in cannot be those that accept the gospel of grace. For as you say, they cannot be cut off.

Good question, indeed.

I'm sure sister heir can answer this conclusively!

1. Land forever. Gen 17:8 (KJV)
2. City FROM heaven. Rev 21:2 (KJV)
3. Heavenly places. Eph 2:6-7(KJV)

Don't mix them, leavening the whole household of God. Luke 13:21 (KJV)

(#368) Old
Let's roll!

December 8th, 2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
Good question, indeed.

I'm sure sister heir can answer this conclusively!
You can answer too!

(#369) Old
TOL Subscriber

SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
SaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peersSaulToPaul is well respected by his peers
December 8th, 2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
You can answer too!
We know a few things about the Romans:

1. They were Gentiles
2. Some of them had been circumcised and were CALLED a Jew
3. Before Paul's letter, they believed Jesus is the Christ
4. Before Paul's letter, they had not heard the gospel of Christ

So, the Gentiles grafted into the Olive Tree (Israel and her blessings) would be the ones that believed Jesus is the Christ but also had been circumcised.

(#370) Old
Let's roll!

December 8th, 2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
We know a few things about the Romans:

1. They were Gentiles
2. Some of them had been circumcised and were CALLED a Jew
3. Before Paul's letter, they believed Jesus is the Christ
4. Before Paul's letter, they had not heard the gospel of Christ

So, the Gentiles grafted into the Olive Tree (Israel and her blessings) would be the ones that believed Jesus is the Christ but also had been circumcised.
So, in your view, the wild branches in the verse are believing Gentile law keepers. Thus, proselyte Jews, that can be cut off, just as anyone is under law which is contrary to the gospel of grace.

Correct?

(#371) Old
TOL Subscriber

heir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peers
heir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peersheir is well respected by his peers
December 8th, 2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
This is a good point.

Hi Tambora,

Here are a couple of posts about the Romans.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...1&postcount=39

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...7&postcount=59

I hope it helps your study. Have a great day!

No matter who you are or what you were doing while you were there, God will save you when you trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. If anyone tells you there is more to it than that, they are perverting the gospel of Christ (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

(#372) Old
TOL Subscriber

December 8th, 2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
So, in your view, the wild branches in the verse are believing Gentile law keepers. Thus, proselyte Jews, that can be cut off, just as anyone is under law which is contrary to the gospel of grace.

Correct?
The Olive Tree represents Israel and it's blessings. Those who rejected the earthly ministry of the LORD were cut off from the Olive Tree.

But, the Lord was able to graft them back in. Paul's ministry was to those who had been cut off from the Olive Tree (himself being one of them) and even these Gentiles in Rome had been graffed in as well, through belief that Jesus is the Christ.

This Olive Tree was present during the time frame of Acts. By the end of Acts, there was no advantage for the Jew (natural or wild).

Paul's goal during Acts was to get the natural branches and wild branches from the Olive Tree into the Body of Christ. From "faith to faith"...

That's how I see it!

(#373) Old
Let's roll!

December 8th, 2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
The Olive Tree represents Israel and it's blessings. Those who rejected the earthly ministry of the LORD were cut off from the Olive Tree.

But, the Lord was able to graft them back in. Paul's ministry was to those who had been cut off from the Olive Tree (himself being one of them) and even these Gentiles in Rome had been graffed in as well, through belief that Jesus is the Christ.

This Olive Tree was present during the time frame of Acts. By the end of Acts, there was no advantage for the Jew (natural or wild).

Paul's goal during Acts was to get the natural branches and wild branches from the Olive Tree into the Body of Christ. From "faith to faith"...

That's how I see it!
Makes sense, considering .....
Romans 11:28 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
It would not be the BOC that is the enemy of the gospel, but elect Israel.

(#374) Old
Over 500 post club

December 8th, 2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
This is a good point.

gentiles .

Rom 11:15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?

i read it as groups not individuals

as the Jews as a whole were rejected but individuals can be saved
and at some point the fullness of the gentiles will be reached

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.