TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page GUNS!
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1066) Old
Over 750 post club

whitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enough
September 15th, 2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
Glock has no external safety. Pull and shoot. And it will never accidentally discharge.

yep designs have come a long way across the years a lot of officer ect. used Glocks and for that reason I bet(the ambush of the criminal),and the speed of the response.

(#1067) Old
Over 750 post club

whitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enoughwhitestone will become famous soon enough
September 15th, 2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
It also doesn't mean anything to carry it without ammunition.
I agree,that day I changed shifts with another, we were co-owners so we didn't count down the register ect. we just said there's change in the box(quarters,dimes ect.) and the guns there and he pointed to it. I should have picked it up,but got to looking at the things to do and waiting on customers. The pistol was directly under the register on the top shelf(it's a wonder they didn't see it),,it was a hard lesson to learn(so close and so far away!),

It's actually embarrassing to admit to making that mistake(and I'm glad I lived through it),there were two of them and all they had was an old hickory kitchen knife the first one stopped to look at the doughnuts on the rack at the front of the counter(so I would pay him attention),the other went around the counter to the fountain drinks and rounded the counter at me. The counter was horseshoe shaped so I had a way out(other side) but he stuck me 1/4 inch,left side of my ribcage(I out ran him backwards,lol).

lol,not the sort of he man story most of us would tell,but I learned from it. I didn't want to tell the facts the first few years,but as we grew and began hiring workers I realized that I was lucky to have learned these things and lived to tell so if then I didn't others would make the same mistakes and live to tell,but your right it's gotta be loaded,and you have to be in possession of it. The amazing part is that no robbery is the same,it changes every time.

(#1068) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
September 15th, 2014, 08:25 PM

My comment was about a massacre in Afghanistan involving the Air Force. They were executed and had no means to defend themselves. The M9 is meaningless without ammunition.

I should have explained my political commentary.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#1069) Old
Over 2500 post club

aikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peers
September 15th, 2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
Forget the Bill of Rights, recall the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

If you have a right to life, then you have a right to defend your life/self.
The Bill of Rights is central to my liberty as a U.S. citizen. I would be remiss and impoverished if I were to forget the Bill of Rights.

(#1070) Old
Over 2500 post club

aikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peersaikido7 is well respected by his peers
September 15th, 2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
The NRA is not concerned with raising a militia. Which is a citizen army not run by the government. The second amendment guarantees your right to form your own army, and to arm yourselves. You do not have to have your own army to arm yourself.
Then the NRA is no longer concerned with our Bill of Rights, which is not only a shame but something that is worrisome to me.

I stopped enrolling in the NRA's gun safety programs after visiting the national headquarters and their deliberate alternation of our Constitution. I learned much about safety from other gun owners early on--long before I hunted pheasant or killed crows.

(#1071) Old
Over 2500 post club

Nihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respectedNihilo is well respected
September 15th, 2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
The Bill of Rights is central to my liberty as a U.S. citizen. I would be remiss and impoverished if I were to forget the Bill of Rights.
It was rhetorical, I'm a big fan of both. Just remind people that the right to life (and liberty, but that doesn't get as much traction with the wrong crowd) implies necessarily among other things the right to self defense; ergo the Second Amendment.

"twit"---poster Lazy afternoon

The following posters are currently on my Ignore list: meshak, God's Truth

(#1072) Old
Over 750 post club

September 16th, 2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
My comment was about a massacre in Afghanistan involving the Air Force. They were executed and had no means to defend themselves. The M9 is meaningless without ammunition.

I should have explained my political commentary.
me too,I years ago helped with Restoration of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cavalla_%28SS-244%29 ,,I talked my wife into getting one(some are in the 500.000.00 range),,but the problem is finding one that has had the outer skin cut off and re fitted and the skin put back on(most are rusted beyond repair),but this one is not. If you've never touched anything like this,well if you do you will find all the manuals http://www.maritime.org/doc/fleetsub/ and then,well i thought they were going to scrap it after Ike,but they didn't(or I was ready to get it),,,"guns are addictive,lol",,

(#1073) Old
Carpet Bagger

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
September 23rd, 2014, 10:22 AM

Automatic Fire

30 shots in 2 seconds. Not bad.

Jesus saves completely.

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

(#1074) Old
Carpet Bagger

October 5th, 2014, 08:11 PM

It's October so....

Pumpkin carving

Jesus saves completely.

(#1075) Old
Rookie

Porissocri is an unknown quantity at this point
October 8th, 2014, 10:37 PM

I think I won't be participating in this thread, since I prefer these kind of guns:

LOL

(#1076) Old
Carpet Bagger

October 9th, 2014, 01:25 AM

Jesus saves completely.

Tags
guns, self-defense