TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page GUNS!
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#1036) Old
Silver Member

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
August 24th, 2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
that would make a nifty guest house!
What about a time share?

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” ― Philip K. Dick

(#1037) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
August 25th, 2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
Some guy from the internet...
That is the reason the actual GI models from Colt, Remmington, etc were "loose".

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#1038) Old
Silver Member

Saved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peersSaved.One.by.Grace is well respected by his peers
August 25th, 2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
You can say the sights are terrible. Feel free, because they are. I read Auto-Ordnance had reliability/production problems, but they have been worked out.
I wouldn't rule out the Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec or GI. Everything I've read has been positive, and they are guaranteed for life. I would have bought one if I had not seen the Colt Commander.

Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” ― Philip K. Dick

(#1039) Old
Silver Member

lightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peerslightbringer is well respected by his peers
August 25th, 2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
[COLOR=darkgreen]I deviate from the WWII GI standard because of the sights.
Ah yes....but then it wouldn't be a WWII GI standard would it?

Quote:
You can say the sights are terrible.
Yes sir but back when I first started shooting the Mil Spec 45 we didn't have all the bells and whistles we do today so we learned how to shoot with what we had and it worked!

Do not go gentile into that good night. D.Thomas

Out, Out, Brief Candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more, It is a tale told by an idiot, Full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. W.S.

(#1040) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peers
August 25th, 2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
That is the reason the actual GI models from Colt, Remmington, etc were "loose".
A friend of mine and I had both left active service. He bought a 1911 and came to my house to show it to me. It was tight, it didn't rattle, and so I thought something was wrong with it. I'd never encountered a 1911 in the service that I couldn't rack with one hand. Also, his had rifling in the barrel, which I'd never seen before in any of the issued 1911's. He got a big laugh every time I discovered these things that were "wrong" with his pistol.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised how accurate we could shoot those old things. Really, they must have been WW2 vintage.

Despite that, I would rather have one of those old 1911's than the new Beretta's. I'm not saying the M9 is a bad pistol but gad zooks those 1911's kept shooting in seemly any condition. And they hit hard. And I never had any trouble qualifying with them so they shot straight enough despite the EXTREME wear. The M9 is nice, but the 1911 is Army.

Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

(#1041) Old
Silver Member

August 25th, 2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Ah yes....but then it wouldn't be a WWII GI standard would it?
Being a true WWII design is not necessary for me.

Tags
guns, self-defense