TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?"
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

(#61) Old
BANNED

God's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticed
March 5th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
Eye c

that you are deaf dumb and blind
Jesus revealed to me that when I am accused of something, the person exposes their own sin. You described yourself.

(#62) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
Jesus revealed to me that when I am accused of something, the person exposes their own sin. You described yourself.
is that the same Jesus who's words you despised so you could hold on to your own ?

(#63) Old
BANNED

God's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticedGod's Truth has been getting noticed
March 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
is that the same Jesus who's words you despised so you could hold on to your own ?
It's the Truth that you hate.

(#64) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
It's the Truth that you hate.
you despised the words of Jesus...and made Him out to be a lie

(#65) Old
BANNED

March 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
you despised the words of Jesus...and made Him out to be a lie
Moonbeam cannot stop himself from speaking slanderous lies. Moonbeam is boring with his personal attacks. Moonbeam has eclipsed into darkness; or, has never had any light.

(#66) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Moonbeam cannot stop himself from speaking slanderous lies. Moonbeam is boring with his personal attacks. Moonbeam has eclipsed into darkness; or, has never had any light.
yyaaawwwnnn .... and a fine display of civility we see here.

YOU despised these words of Jesus so you could revere your own.

" But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail "

(#67) Old
Over 750 post club

March 5th, 2013, 03:18 PM

I am done talking to you on this thread

adios amigo

(#68) Old
BANNED

March 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I am done talking to you on this thread

adios amigo
Bye, moonbeam, maybe one day you will repent for rejecting the truth and slandering those Jesus chose to save himself.

(#69) Old
Over 750 post club

2COR12:9 is making a name for themselves2COR12:9 is making a name for themselves2COR12:9 is making a name for themselves2COR12:9 is making a name for themselves2COR12:9 is making a name for themselves2COR12:9 is making a name for themselves2COR12:9 is making a name for themselves
March 7th, 2013, 10:25 PM

Just a reminder the "Jesus reinstates Peter" is not scriptural, that section heading was decided by different translators, and they are not always the same across the spectrum of english translations. The reinstating is a presumption and not based from any actual proof text. So one is still free to decide if a reinstatement is actually taking place and what actual position is being restored. The translator is merely conveying their own theological opinion. I think Peter's denial effected more importantly his personal relationship with Jesus, rather then a possible ministerial position. I see the commands as commands, not a returning to a particular ordination. I would rather have seen it titled along the lines of "Jesus and Peter's reconciliation."

If it's a presumed reinstatement because of forgiveness, that would be a strange way to word it, for we don't lose and regain salvation, we were forgiven once and for all when we believe. Salvation is not contingent upon each sin, then confession, then a forgiveness bring us back into His grace.

Crown Him, ye martyrs of your God, who from His altar call;
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all!
Let every tribe and every tongue before Him prostrate fall;
The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all!
"Apart from me you can do nothing."~Jesus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Phil. 3:8 (ESV)

Tags
john 21:15, love me more then these, peter