TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: Calvinism Teaches
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

(#121) Old
TOL Legend

Cross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselves
March 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Choleric;3378743][QUOTE=Cross Reference;3378721]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choleric View Post

You are strange. Have a good day
Yep but, since average is now looked upon as being normal, who is strange now becomes debatable.

(#122) Old
Over 2500 post club

Choleric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peers
March 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=Cross Reference;3378835][QUOTE=Choleric;3378743]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post

Yep but, since average is now looked upon as being normal, who is strange now becomes debatable.
Good point. We used to be right. Now we're called "right wing"

Your issue is one of AUTHORITY. All heresy starts and ends where a person sets themselves above God's Word and becomes their own authority. It is disguised as "textual criticism" and "scholarship". All of it ends where the first lie began "Hath God Said?"

(#123) Old
TOL Legend

Cross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselvesCross Reference is making a name for themselves
March 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=Choleric;3379165][QUOTE=Cross Reference;3378835]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choleric View Post

Good point. We used to be right. Now we're called "right wing"
Yeah, watch out for the drones.

(#124) Old
Over 6000 post club

Colossians has been getting noticedColossians has been getting noticedColossians has been getting noticedColossians has been getting noticedColossians has been getting noticedColossians has been getting noticed
March 7th, 2013, 03:34 PM

Choleric,

Your post #110 does not take cognisance of what I have written to you are post #108.

You do the old trick of slicing up your opponent's post via the quote button, and then typing your dogma underneath each slice rather than actually taking cognisance of what is said and actually responding to it: you respond to the broad topic of each slice rather than the actual content of each slice.

So as I said, you simply don''t want to learn. Your knowledge is intermediate, and you wish to keep it at that level, parroting what you have been told by your mentors rather than actually cross-examining what you have been told.

I refer viewers who do want to learn, to post #108, and to my thread: "Jesus Christ our sacrifice, not our substitute".

(#125) Old
Over 2500 post club

Choleric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peersCholeric is well respected by his peers
March 7th, 2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossians View Post
Choleric,

Your post #110 does not take cognisance of what I have written to you are post #108.
I have no idea what post u speak of. I am on my phone and the post I am responding to is post #1. Not trying to be difficult but you should try posting the post you are having trouble with.

Quote:
You do the old trick of slicing up your opponent's post via the quote button, and then typing your dogma underneath each slice rather than actually taking cognisance of what is said and actually responding to it: you respond to the broad topic of each slice rather than the actual content of each slice.
It is my intention in breaking up your posts to make my response to each point you have attempted to make. If you feel I have done something intentionally misleading, you should post an example.

Quote:
So as I said, you simply don''t want to learn. Your knowledge is intermediate, and you wish to keep it at that level, parroting what you have been told by your mentors rather than actually cross-examining what you have been told.
I enjoy learning. It is by learning that I learned that Calvinism is heresy and goes against the clear teaching of scripture.

Quote:
I refer viewers who do want to learn, to post #108, and to my thread: "Jesus Christ our sacrifice, not our substitute".
It is also by learning that I realized Christ was made sin for me that I might be made the righteousness of God in Him. We switched my sin for His righteousness. I also learned that He died for my sins and not mine only but he sins if the whole world. I also learned that Christ died "for" the ungodly.

Do you disagree with the bible? Did Jesus die "for" the ungodly? Did Jesus die for the sins of the whole world? Anybody's sins?

You probably need to do some learning.

Your issue is one of AUTHORITY. All heresy starts and ends where a person sets themselves above God's Word and becomes their own authority. It is disguised as "textual criticism" and "scholarship". All of it ends where the first lie began "Hath God Said?"

(#126) Old
Over 1500 post club

StanJ53 has been getting noticedStanJ53 has been getting noticedStanJ53 has been getting noticedStanJ53 has been getting noticedStanJ53 has been getting noticedStanJ53 has been getting noticed
March 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Choleric,

Apparently you don't know how to use the program the way it's designed to be used. Choleric did NOTHING wrong. It would seem you like long posts so you can equivocate in them.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

(#127) Old
TOL Subscriber

Grosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peers
Grosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peersGrosnick Marowbe is well respected by his peers
March 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ53 View Post
Apparently you don't know how to use the program the way it's designed to be used. Choleric did NOTHING wrong. It would seem you like long posts so you can equivocate in them.

(#128) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Desert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peers
March 8th, 2013, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstevej View Post
Easy. Calvinism teaches Adam represented all (not just some) of the human race, while Christ is the representative for all (not just some) of the elect.
That's nice to know. And what does the Bible teach?

Total Misanthropy.
Uncertain salvation.
Luck of the draw.
Irresistible damnation.
Persecution of the saints.

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
(The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Bright Raven:
"It makes no difference what is said."
AcultureWarrior: It really doesn't matter what I think,
Jason: I don't care what kind of fact I got wrong.
B57: the Lord does not Love everyone, nor is it His purpose to save everyone

(#129) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Desert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peers
March 8th, 2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
You do the old trick of slicing up your opponent's post via the quote button,
That is just so funny considering that you haven't even heard of the quote button and have no idea how to use it yourself.

Total Misanthropy.
Uncertain salvation.
Luck of the draw.
Irresistible damnation.
Persecution of the saints.

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
(The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Bright Raven:
"It makes no difference what is said."
AcultureWarrior: It really doesn't matter what I think,
Jason: I don't care what kind of fact I got wrong.
B57: the Lord does not Love everyone, nor is it His purpose to save everyone

(#130) Old
TOL Legend

beloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scalebeloved57 is off the scale
March 31st, 2013, 05:42 PM

col

Quote:
It doesn't matter what he represented: he was the actual father of all mankind.
Yes, the Natural Head of all mankind, but he was not the Federal Head of all mankind. The serpents seed became his natural offspring, but they did not originally sin in him. Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

The them are the serpents seed ! They did not sin in Adam's Transgression ! They sinned in their Fathers Transgression.

That he sinned is clear here 1 Jn 3:8

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

And scripture says he is a Father Jn 8:44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

"All things turn out according to Divine predestination, "There is no such thing as chance or fortune, nor is there a readier way to gain the fear of God, and to put our whole trust in Him, than to be thoroughly versed in the doctrine of predestination." Philipp Melanchthon