TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In!
Reload this Page toldailytopic: Do you think there will ever be a cure for cancer?
TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In! Every day we will post a new topic and we want to get your comments on that topic. The topic could be about literally anything from the vague to the specific, important or trivial. The TOL membership can take that topic and run with it!

(#16) Old
TOL Legend

elohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peers
elohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peers
April 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Jack View Post
Do you think some people just get cancer? My mother, for example, consumes very little processed food and almost no sugar (she doesn't have a sweet tooth at all). Yet, several years ago, she was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.
Women in Japan who consumed iodine-rich seaweed were found to have lower breast cancer rates. And I know of one case study (unpublished) where a woman reversed her breast cancer through iodine supplementation. It may be that your mother is iodine deficient, her deficiency stemming from low intake of iodine and high, unintentional intake of substances that promote iodine deficiency.

Iodine, bromine, fluorine, chlorine, and astatine are known as halogens. Halogens, like bromine and chlorine, that are somewhat ubiquitous in our environment can cause iodine deficiency. For example, crops sprayed with bromide have been found to have elevated bromide levels. The bromide, similar in size and shape to iodine, competes with the iodine by binding to iodine receptors.

Another substance of concern regarding iodine uptake is perchlorate. The lower Colorado River, that irrigates 15% of U.S. crops and 13% of livestock, is contaminated with perchlorate. That includes organic crops and livestock. Perchlorate has been found in organic produce. Forty three states have water contaminated with it.

I highly recommend Dr. David Brownstein's book: Iodine: Why you need it. Why you can't live without it.

"They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him."

(#17) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
April 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Z0 View Post
Stop eating processed foods and sugar products

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#18) Old
Smoke' em All

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
April 2nd, 2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elohiym View Post
I highly recommend Dr. David Brownstein's book: Iodine: Why you need it. Why you can't live without it.
I buy the Morton's salt enriched with it. A small dash on grace'sgospel when on the grill makes it taste better anyway. Along with a pinch of garlic.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#19) Old
Over 2500 post club

Buzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peersBuzzword is well respected by his peers
April 2nd, 2012, 11:00 PM

Given that cancer starts in our own DNA, in the form of oncogenes, I doubt it.

Especially given that a history of cancer in one's family creates a likely future of cancer in you and your descendants.

It's a self-replicating, completely natural form of population control which we've managed to create at least one form of by our own self-destructive habits (lung cancer due to long-term, deliberate cigarette smoke inhalation).

I say this with all the cynicism of having had to watch the woman who would have been my mother-in-law had she lived three more months succumb to brain cancer, which resulted from lung cancer, which resulted from her smoking for 34 years.

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and to God what is God's, and beware those who get one confused with the other.

“In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
-Adam Hamilton, Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White

(#20) Old
A Day At The Office

rocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peersrocketman is well respected by his peers
April 2nd, 2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzword View Post
Given that cancer starts in our own DNA, in the form of oncogenes, I doubt it.

Especially given that a history of cancer in one's family creates a likely future of cancer in you and your descendants.

It's a self-replicating, completely natural form of population control which we've managed to create at least one form of by our own self-destructive habits (lung cancer due to long-term, deliberate cigarette smoke inhalation).

I say this with all the cynicism of having had to watch the woman who would have been my mother-in-law had she lived three more months succumb to brain cancer, which resulted from lung cancer, which resulted from her smoking for 34 years.
The weird thing about all that is my Grandfather lived into his late 90's and smoked as much as three packs a day, contrast that with people like Linda McCartney who lived very healthy lifestyles, vegetarian, etc. and die young from cancer. I think your first statement has more truth, it is genetic. Though living healthy is not a bad thing, I just am not sure if it is the silver bullet, so to speak.

The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

(#21) Old
TOL Legend

elohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peers
elohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peerselohiym is well respected by his peers
April 2nd, 2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
I buy the Morton's salt enriched with it.
That's actually a poor source of iodine and salt, brother. I'm saying that based on research, and you can learn more if you read Dr. Brownstein's book. You would do better using either Lugol's solution or Iodoral (I prefer Lugol's), and Real Salt or Celtic Sea Salt (I prefer Celtic).

When I was clearing iodine-competing halogens from my body, I was taking 100mg/day without adverse effects. That is also the dosage the woman was taking whose breast cancer went away in the case study I mentioned earlier. I built up to that dosage.

"They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him."

(#22) Old
BANNED

S0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peersS0Z0 is well respected by his peers
April 3rd, 2012, 05:35 AM

I agree that genetic factors enter in to being a cause for cancer, but what we are looking for is curing it, which can still be done whether it is genetic or not.

(#23) Old
Over 2500 post club

MrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peersMrRadish is well respected by his peers
April 3rd, 2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybee View Post
I wonder though, if a cure for viral infections is found, what shall that do to bacterial infections, to which we are very vulnerable?
Cancer can sometimes be triggered by viruses or bacteria, but it isn't either of those things. It's actually the uncontrolled replication of mutant or damaged cells by your own body.