TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page Favorite Contemporary Musicians
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#31) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 05:28 PM

Momo, hehehehe, it was a joke . I have some band shirts as well. Have some nice Manson threads haha. I don't listen to him anymore, but I used to.

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

Last edited by Quincy; March 5th, 2013 at 05:50 PM..

(#32) Old
Silver Member

PureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peersPureX is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder's Muse View Post
...and that makes me think of Nick Cave ... how could I have forgotten him?? Shame on me...
I'm just jumping in here to let you know that my post to bybee on that other thread was in no way related to you. In fact it was posted before I saw your thread. I'm really sorry you thought it was a sideways swipe at you. I promise that it wasn't meant to be.

I tried to send you a PM but it seems to have vanished into the TOL ether.

(#33) Old
Over 3000 post club

Memento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Momo, hehehehe, it was a joke .
Tell that to my t-shirt! No amount of bleach could fix this! Namely because bleach would ruin it... But still!

Quote:
I have some band shirts as well. Have some nice Manson threads haha. I don't listen to him anymore, but I used to.
At least you're recovering. That's good to hear.

Calvin: (after a long pause) I canít tell if thatís funny or really scary.
Anti-Death

2024 Life by Delmar: Homosexuality legal in all states; Government healthcare with abortion; Outlawing Bible by broadcast by hate crime laws

(#34) Old
Over 6000 post club

Quincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peersQuincy is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM

Mori's t-shirt..... I am sorry!! I will never insult the fabric of your existence again !

As for Manson, his music isn't that bad, from an atheist point of view

But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. - Alan Watts

(#35) Old
Over 3000 post club

Memento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peersMemento Mori is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Mori's t-shirt..... I am sorry!! I will never insult the fabric of your existence again !
It says, "woosh crinkle, woosh" and folded itself. Which I think means "hello, where is the bathroom." I only speak pantanese. Also, you should apologize to my clothes more often. It would certainly make doing the laundry that much easier.

Quote:
As for Manson, his music isn't that bad, from an atheist point of view
Aside from that fact that it is terrible music, yes.

Anti-Death

2024 Life by Delmar: Homosexuality legal in all states; Government healthcare with abortion; Outlawing Bible by broadcast by hate crime laws

(#36) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Who are your favorite contemporary musicians?
Depends on the genre. I assume you're discussing popular music.

Quote:
For the purpose of this thread, lets say contemporary music starts with musicians that appeared from 1980 on, possibly less a couple years.
Well that's just daft. U2 is still a going concern and one of the greatest bands in the world. You don't mean contemporary, you mean "no geezers". Neil Young sneers at you. Lyle Lovette thumbs his nose. Tom Petty may slap several of your family members. Tom Waits is considering dropping a piano on you, and so on.

Quote:
My favorite solo artist is Taylor Swift.
Well of course she is... I knew it would happen eventually, that I'd live a day longer than I meant to.

Quote:
My favorite band is Train.
I hear they're re-releasing Drops of Jupiter (the song) as a greatest hit album.

Last edited by Town Heretic; March 5th, 2013 at 08:29 PM..

(#37) Old
Over 6000 post club

March 5th, 2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
Aside from that fact that it is terrible music, yes.
Haha, Mori, Mechanical Animals was one fine example of Glam Rock, it truly was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
Depends on the genre. I assume you're discussing popular music.
Yea, I guess contemporary is a broad genre, with several types. I'm probably thinking mostly adult contemporary or something.

Quote:
Well that's just daft. U2 is still a going concern and one of the greatest bands in the world. You don't mean contemporary, you mean "no geezers". Neil Young sneers at you. Lyle Lovette thumbs his nose. Tom Petty may slap several of your family members. Tom Waits is considering dropping a piano on you, and so on.
I actually googled the label contemporary music and I saw mostly answers ranging from the late 70s on. So I blame Google !

Quote:
Well of course she is... I knew it would happen eventually, that I'd live a day longer than I meant to.
You just have to see her live concerts! She is amazing

Quote:
I hear they're re-releasing Drops of Jupiter as a greatest hit album.
Been a big fan since Meet Virginia. A greatest hits album would be awesome.

(#38) Old
You what?

Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
Town Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peersTown Heretic is well respected by his peers
March 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I actually googled the label contemporary music and I saw mostly answers ranging from the late 70s on. So I blame Google !
That would include U2 (formed 76, first album Boy, released 1980)

Quote:
You just have to see her live concerts!
Only as a plea deal with community service entailed.

Quote:
She is amazing
Well, she has talent. I'll give you that. It will be interesting to see how or if it evolves.

Quote:
Been a big fan since Meet Virginia.
I had Drops, though the joke was lost because I failed (since corrected) to note Drops of Jupiter, the single as a greatest hits compilation.

I'd forgotten there was another. Make that the B side then...sort of.

(#39) Old
Over 6000 post club

March 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM

Haha, one hit wonder you say?

Don't forget Hey Soul Sister, Drive By and Marry Me . But yea, they will always been known for Drops of Jupiter so your joke is a pretty good one .

(#40) Old
Over 3000 post club

March 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Haha, Mori, Mechanical Animals was one fine example of Glam Rock, it truly was.
KISS that T. Rex... Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Anti-Death