TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page GUNS!
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#946) Old
Patron Saint of SMACK

Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
Today, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post
But the SKS was $100 and a very good shooter.
That has been a while. Was that one or two proposed weapons bans ago?

Your friendly neighborhood Super Moderator!

(#947) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Today, 05:18 AM

My pre-ban (1994) SKS cost me $125 from The Firing Line in Aurora, Colorado. You need it if you go someplace like Chuck-e-cheese to defend yourself from the thugs.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#948) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peersYorzhik is well respected by his peers
Today, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
That has been a while. Was that one or two proposed weapons bans ago?
Yeah, I think it was 2 bans ago.

Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

(#949) Old
TOL Subscriber

JosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputation
Today, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post
I thought the M16 was adequate when in the Army, and I still do. But the SKS was $100 and a very good shooter. I'll get an AR platform rifle when I'm rich.
I thought it was ok as well. I was competent at 300 yard range with the A2 version. I now own a AK-47 I built from a parts kit,and milled receiver. A few bans ago when you could order the parts kits on Ebay.. for about 200 bucks I got an AK good up to 300 yards and the knockdown of the 308,and the reliability of coarse....

That suppressed 308 sounds awesome,,however sounds like it is in the 1500-2000 dollar range.I been looking at the base models and they start around 1100 and it sounds He has some goodies on it for suppression and optics I am sure,,thats how I got 1500,2000 estimate. a lil much for me.. but sounds very cool.

(#950) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Today, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephR View Post
I thought it was ok as well. I was competent at 300 yard range with the A2 version. I now own a AK-47 I built from a parts kit,and milled receiver.
Good post. I was going to tell you this is about small arms fire, and we can start a thread about giant cannons if you need.

Jesus saves completely.

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

(#951) Old
Sweep the leg

Today, 09:03 AM

I am having the barrel replaced in my RRA M4. I am having the traditional 270W barrel replaced with a polygonal barrel from Black Hole Weaponry. Rock River uses a 270W style barrel in the 6.8 SPC, as that is a 270W bullet. I am going to chrono the change in speed, and do shot groups from a rest.

I have two, one is getting changed to see if I need to do the other. I will shoot multiple rounds of the same box of ammo on the same day. Variables should be at a minimum.

Jesus saves completely.

(#952) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Desert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peersDesert Reign is well respected by his peers
Today, 10:18 AM

I'm not allowed to own a gun. My dad had one illegally and I found it hidden away when I was a boy. I innocently showed it to my mum, who knew nothing about it. This only means one thing here, namely that my dad was an armed criminal, and it didn't go down well with her. It began years of strife between them, which caused a great deal of harm in our family.

I am really glad though that you guys can have a hobby and enjoy it.

Total Misanthropy.
Uncertain salvation.
Luck of the draw.
Irresistible damnation.
Persecution of the saints.

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
(The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Bright Raven:
"It makes no difference what is said."
Nimrod: We don't have the manuscripts of where the KJV got the text.
AcultureWarrior: It really doesn't matter what I think,
Jason: I don't care what kind of fact I got wrong.
B57: the Lord does not Love everyone, nor is it His purpose to save everyone

(#953) Old
TOL Subscriber

resurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peers
Today, 10:29 AM

just bought me a crosman 1077 - co2 powered .177 pellet repeater with 12-shot clip - 625 fps - powerful enough to kill birds or squirrels, but that's not what i bought it for

i bought it to chase away the geese, deer and osprey without causing permanent damage (or annoying the neighbors )

65 bucks, shipped to my door

go ahead - start mocking me

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you

(#954) Old
TOL Subscriber

JosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputationJosephR has a large reputation
Today, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
just bought me a crosman 1077 - co2 powered .177 pellet repeater with 12-shot clip - 625 fps - powerful enough to kill birds or squirrels, but that's not what i bought it for

i bought it to chase away the geese, deer and osprey without causing permanent damage (or annoying the neighbors )

65 bucks, shipped to my door

ehh its cool,,only thing I say is,,it can kill geese..and harm a deer bad,, and if you dont intend to eat them..would be a waste

(#955) Old
TOL Subscriber

resurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peersresurrected is well respected by his peers
Today, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephR View Post
ehh its cool,,only thing I say is,,it can kill geese..and harm a deer bad,, and if you dont intend to eat them..would be a waste
it's accurate enough to place shots where i want them - i doubt it will break the skin on a deer's haunch, and i know it won't penetrate the feathers on the back of an osprey or a goose - i've shot at them before with a slightly more powerful single shot crosman model 70

Spoiler

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you

(#956) Old
Come at me Bro.

TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
TomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peersTomO is well respected by his peers
Today, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurrected View Post

resurrected

Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
~Leonard Cohen

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.
~Ted Nugent

(#957) Old
TOL Subscriber

Today, 12:05 PM

what can i say

i live in new york

at least i'm not in canada - i'd probably have to get a permit for it

(#958) Old
Silver Member

IMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peersIMJerusha is well respected by his peers
Today, 12:21 PM

Just bought a Bersa 380. Couldn't hardly find rounds for it but I finally located some Russian rounds. Sure do make a mess of my pretty new piece!

I AM the pie lady!!

(#959) Old
Sweep the leg

Today, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Reign View Post
I innocently showed it to my mum, who knew nothing about it.
Mum? That actually explains the inability to defend yourself. It isn't about a hobby, but we certainly treat it as such.

Trayvon Martin

Jesus saves completely.

Tags
guns, self-defense