TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion > Exclusively Christian Theology
Reload this Page ECT: Man is unable to choose spiritual life (salvation) on his own
Exclusively Christian Theology This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

(#46) Old
Over 2000 post club

ttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticedttruscott has been getting noticed
March 9th, 2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed-777

Man is unable to choose spiritual life (salvation) on his own
because he is …

-- born with an inherited sin nature … many verses

No one wants to contest this assertion? It is acceptable to everyone of every sect?

I think at best there is ONE verse which is interpreted to mean we inherit sin so I'd like to see the long list, please.

The sinfulness we are born with is our own.

Peace, Ted

Champion of:

GOD’s holiness:
- GOD did not need evil to fulfill HIS plan and did not create evil for any reason.

- All evil is creature-created by their true free will.

Our Free will:
- All spirits created in the image of GOD were created with the ability to make true free will decisions.

(#47) Old
Over 750 post club

Redeemed-777 will become famous soon enoughRedeemed-777 will become famous soon enoughRedeemed-777 will become famous soon enough
March 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
No one wants to contest this assertion? It is acceptable to everyone of every sect?
I think at best there is ONE verse which is interpreted to mean we inherit sin so I'd like to see the long list, please.
The sinfulness we are born with is our own.
May I give you the real SHORTENED version? Seriously!

There are many Scriptural proofs of man’s inherited sin nature

Noah and his family carried man’s sin nature all through the flood
Genesis 7:23 “So He destroyed all living things … They were destroyed from the earth …
… Only Noah and those who were with him in the ark remained alive.”
Genesis 8:18 “So Noah went out (of the ark) …”
Genesis 8:19 “Every animal (etc.) went out of the ark …”
Genesis 8:20 “Then Noah built an altar to the Lord …”
Genesis 8:21 “Then the Lord said in His heart, ‘I will never again curse the ground
for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth

Some verses from David
• “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.” (Psalm 51:5)
• “The wicked (sons of men, verse 1) are estranged from the womb;
they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.” (Psalm 58:3)
• “The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men
… They have all turned aside, they have all become corrupt;
there is none who does good, no, not one.” (Psalm 14:2-3)
• “God looks down from heaven upon the children of men
… Every one of them has turned aside; they have all become corrupt;
there is none who does good, no, not one.” (Psalm 53:2-3)
• “… for in Your sight no one living is righteous.” (Psalm 143:2)

More verses from the OT
• “… (for there is no one who does not sin) …” (1 Kings 8:46, 2 Chronicles 6:36)
• “For there is not a just man on earth who does good and does not sin.” (Ecclesiastes 7:20)
• “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? No one!” (Job 14:4)
• “For I knew that you (Israel) … were called a transgressor from the womb.” (Isaiah 48:8)
• “… all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags (women’s menstral cloths)” (Isaiah 64:6)
• “Who can say, ‘I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin’?” (Proverbs 20:9)
• “You were completely born in sins …” (John 9:34) (said the Jewish Pharisees to a man)

To be sinless, Jesus could NOT have a human father
Matthew 1:18 “… she (Mary) was found with child of the Holy Spirit.”
Matthew 1:20 “… an angel of the Lord appeared to him (Joseph) in a dream, saying,
‘… that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.’ ”
Luke 1:35 “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;
therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.”

Jesus, of course, understood man’s disastrous spiritual condition
• “Out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, etc.” (Matthew 15:19)
• “If you (Jesus’ disciples) then, being evil …” (Luke 11:13)
Did Jesus purposely choose evil men to be His disciples? No, He’s just saying that all men are evil.
• “… He knew all men … He knew what was in man.” (John 2:23-25)
• “I am He who searches the minds and hearts.” (Revelation 2:23)

Paul (the Jewish scholar) just repeated what his Old Covenant Scriptures say
• “As it is written: ‘There is none righteous, no, not one
… there is none who does good, no, not one.’ ” (Romans 3:10-12).
• “The Scripture has confined all under sin …” (Galatians 3:22)
• “… through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin,
and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned …” (Romans 5:12)
• “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.
… the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.” (Romans 7:18-19)
• “… through one man’s offense (Adam’s sin) judgment came to all men,
resulting in condemnation … in Adam all die (spiritually) …” (1 Corinthians 15:18, 22)
• “And you He made alive, who were (spiritually) dead in trespasses and sins” (Eph. 2:1-3)

"For as many as are being LED by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." Romans 8:14
To gain salvation, a BAC must be willing to co-operate with the Holy Spirit in removing sin.
E.G. No BAC will be saved who has unforgiveness, or ANY unrepented-of habitual sin in his life.

(#48) Old
Over 750 post club

Redeemed-777 will become famous soon enoughRedeemed-777 will become famous soon enoughRedeemed-777 will become famous soon enough
March 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM

John 1:
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Those who believe do so NOT of their own doing, but of God's doing!

"For as many as are being LED by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." Romans 8:14
To gain salvation, a BAC must be willing to co-operate with the Holy Spirit in removing sin.
E.G. No BAC will be saved who has unforgiveness, or ANY unrepented-of habitual sin in his life.

(#49) Old
All I want is God's Truth

God's Truth will become famous soon enoughGod's Truth will become famous soon enough
March 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed-777 View Post

John 1:
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Those who believe do so NOT of their own doing, but of God's doing!
Being born not of blood means we do not have to be blood descendents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob! The Jews were saved that way…because they were blood related to Abraham. That scripture is telling us we are not saved that way anymore.
You and Calvinists misunderstand that scripture and use it to support your false beliefs.

God does NOT save unbelievers. God does NOT make us believe.

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Do not just read the word do it.