TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page Gays in the Military
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

View Poll Results: Should homosexuals be allowed in the military?
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Unsure 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

(#16) Old
TOL Subscriber

CRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peers
Angry barf city. - September 25th, 2005, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemeorhateme
I just wondered how one can justify a ban on gays in the military? I mean, I know they are not allowed in the USA.

However, in many other countries, including the UK, they are now allowed. In Iraq, US armed forces fought alongside British armed forces, including openly gay soldiers. It did not affect performance.

So, how can it be justified?
Another HOMO thread?
Gross.
Besides, what kind of a man would send a homo or a woman out to protect him from an enemy?

A bunch of soft bellied wussies.

Psalms 58:10
The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

CONFESSION OF AN EX-ABORTIONIST

(#17) Old
Over 750 post club

Greywolf will become famous soon enoughGreywolf will become famous soon enough
September 25th, 2005, 09:29 AM

Personally, I think that admission into the military should be based solely on one's capability to carry out the military's objectives, be you man, woman, straight, gay, or anything else.

(#18) Old
For Queen and country...

lovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peers
lovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peers
September 25th, 2005, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf
What "hand of protection"?

How so? I thought it was usually the quality and quantity of each side's firepower/numbers/tactics that decided who won.
and I couldn't agree more!

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Winner of TOL Post of the Year 2012

(#19) Old
For Queen and country...

lovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peers
lovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peerslovemeorhateme is well respected by his peers
September 25th, 2005, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
Another HOMO thread?
Gross.
Besides, what kind of a man would send a homo or a woman out to protect him from an enemy?

A bunch of soft bellied wussies.
Stereotyping again?

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(#20) Old
For Queen and country...

September 25th, 2005, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Personally, I think that admission into the military should be based solely on one's capability to carry out the military's objectives, be you man, woman, straight, gay, or anything else.
Exactly my point.

US soldiers have fought alongside openly gay British soldiers, and have had no problems with them whatsoever. They are enlisted simply on their ability to carry out their duties.

(#21) Old
TOL Subscriber

CRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peersCRASH is well respected by his peers
Thumbs down Turn up the Stereo! - September 25th, 2005, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Stereotyping again?
Yeah, I stereotype child molestors and murders also, got a problem with that?

Psalms 58:10
The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

CONFESSION OF AN EX-ABORTIONIST

(#22) Old
For Queen and country...

September 25th, 2005, 09:39 AM

Quote:
If each of us is unique, then none of us could ever fully conform to any stereotype.

I have met some exceptionally masculine homosexuals in my time. I'm sorry, but that comment about them all basically being a bunch of cowards is BS.

(#23) Old
For Queen and country...

September 25th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Quote:
There are different types of murder too. There are those which are pre-meditated. There are those that are crimes of passion, spur of the moment. Both of those types of murderer aren't the same, so how can you stereotype them?

(#24) Old
Formerly Shimei!

Servo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peers
Servo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peersServo is well respected by his peers
September 25th, 2005, 09:49 AM

Maybe the next poll should be: Should we continue to allow homos to post polls?

(#25) Old
For Queen and country...

September 25th, 2005, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimei

(#26) Old
For Queen and country...

September 25th, 2005, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimei
If you don't like my polls, I have an idea! Don't vote in them!

(#27) Old
BANNED

BillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peers
September 25th, 2005, 11:12 AM

Gays belong in the USO, not on the battlefield.

(#28) Old
BANNED

Frater Habilus reputation is quickly slipping
September 25th, 2005, 12:05 PM

If they just HAVE to be there,they should have to take monthly AIDS tests,war can be messy and AIDS is blood transmitted.

Or put them in an elite all gay battallion.

Pink berets?

(#29) Old
BANNED

werewolffan98 reputation is quickly slipping
September 26th, 2005, 03:15 AM

Well i think they should because i read somewhere that Blacks were not allowed to serve that they only served as cooks and janitors,and Weren't Alexander the great,Julius ceaser both gay? so i think they should do like they did to the Japanese to put them in the 442nd to allow them to prove themselves.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lovemeorhateme again."

(#30) Old
Over 2000 post club

SOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputationSOTK has a large reputation
September 26th, 2005, 03:28 AM

Quote:
I just wondered how one can justify a ban on gays in the military? I mean, I know they are not allowed in the USA.

However, in many other countries, including the UK, they are now allowed. In Iraq, US armed forces fought alongside British armed forces, including openly gay soldiers. It did not affect performance.

So, how can it be justified?

I used to be in the Army. When you are a soldier, you rely upon your platoon (your fellow soldiers) for everything. You have each other's lives in your hands. The last thing you need in a platoon is something which can interfere with the teamwork which is required to stay alive and to get the job done. You learn to trust your platoon- the platoon leader, the platoon sergeant, and the rest of your fellow soldiers. I wouldn't have trusted a homosexual or even a woman for that matter. I was and still am against women being soldiers in the military as well.