TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Politics
Reload this Page shacking up
Politics Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc.

(#61) Old

koban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peers
September 29th, 2005, 03:06 PM

Don't have affairs.

(#62) Old
Over 750 post club

erinmarie will become famous soon enougherinmarie will become famous soon enougherinmarie will become famous soon enougherinmarie will become famous soon enough
September 29th, 2005, 03:09 PM

You'll have to give me more info than that for some advice!
But if you go back and read, I wasn't advising Billybob to do anything. Turbo, as a friend, was advising Billybob on what he should do as a Christian, and Billybob didn't just not take offense to it, but answered in kind.

I know a little about Billybob's life, and how much he loves his "wife" and her sons. And I already knew you were married.

You want me to advise you on something, really really important, something that from your posts I know I can help you with? Repent and take Jesus Christ into your heart. Follow His Law, or else you're going to Hell.

How about them apples?

(#63) Old
BANNED

BillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peers
September 29th, 2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koban
Don't have affairs.
That's good advice for non married couples as well!

(#64) Old
Over 1000 post club

wickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputation
September 29th, 2005, 03:20 PM

Erinmarie, thanks for the advice. But, traditionally, I do not consider idle threats as friendly advice. I consider it more of a power play. Which is what you guys do to people who dare disagree with you. And, you even use God against them and disguise it as advice from friends.

I think that true friends should allow each other to exist as they are, marital status or no, Christians or not, without the use of threats such as eternal torment. I don't threaten my friends. Heck, I even have Christian friends. And, you know what, I've never once told one of them they were believing in fairy tales. I just figured that's up to them. Now, if someone asked me, well, I've got plenty to say. Of course, I don't have to tell you that.

"When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
-Abraham Lincoln

(#65) Old
Over 1000 post club

wickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputationwickwoman has a large reputation
September 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM

The reason I asked for your marital advice erinmarie is that I was being sarcastic. You do not know enough of my circumstances to give me effective advice. You confirmed that when you asked me for more info. Nor do we know enough about BB's. He obviously has his reasons. How about a live and let live approach for a change?

-Abraham Lincoln

(#66) Old
Patron Saint of SMACK

Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
September 29th, 2005, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool
Oh and if you read it again, DearDelmar hadn't let it go yet.
It's not like I was that harsh. I rather doubt it is a big surprise to BillyBob that I would believe that a couple who is living as man and wife should actually be man and wife. Nor do I think he is surprised that I would express such an opinion in a thread titled shacking up.

Your friendly neighborhood Super Moderator!

(#67) Old
Over 1000 post club

September 30th, 2005, 01:07 AM

Quote:
For the record, I am not offended by Turbo's comments to me. He and I have been TOL friends for a few years now. I openly disclosed my situation with Mrs.BillyBob, as Erin pointed out, and therefor it is fair game.

I have a few legal reasons for not getting married right now. I will not discuss them any further, so don't ask, but when they are resolved we will likely get married. We respect each other fully and treat each other as husband and wife. I support her and her two boys financially and I am in no way going to be made to feel ashamed of that.

I am fully aware of Paul's teachings and I even use them in my relationship with Mrs.BillyBob, especially Ephesians 5.

That is all I will say about this.
It weirds me out when you're all sensible and mature.

What Would Cthulhu Do?

He who knows one religion knows none. - Max Muller

That's the kind of liberal thinking that leads to being eaten! - Principal Snyder, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the rest! - Kang as Bob Dole, The Simpsons

(#68) Old
Patron Saint of SMACK

Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
Delmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peersDelmar is well respected by his peers
September 30th, 2005, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob
Well Delmar, If you want to consider a person who came into a single Mothers life, started a business to take care of her and her two children, gives those boys a Father figure to look up to and learn from, pulls them out of poverty and gives them a really cool dog and forgoes his own aspirations for them as 'Shacking Up', be my guest.
Well BillyBob, those are admirable things and it seems we have a whole lot in common right down to the two children and the really cool dog! (George is a good boy!) Marriage, however, is still marriage and I still say you should Marry her.

Your friendly neighborhood Super Moderator!

(#69) Old
BANNED

BillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peersBillyBob is well respected by his peers
September 30th, 2005, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechyld
It weirds me out when you're all sensible and mature.
Me too.

(#70) Old
BANNED

September 30th, 2005, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deardelmar
(George is a good boy!)
Yes he is.

(#71) Old
BANNED

September 30th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Hey Delmar, is Mrs. DD your first wife?

Are you her first Husband?

(#72) Old
Over 1500 post club

Agape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputationAgape4Robin has a large reputation
September 30th, 2005, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo
What erin said. Also, what God said:

"You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him." Leviticus 19:17

Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear. 1 Timothy 5:20
There's a good of a reason as any to elope, BillyBob!

Don't forget heroin and arsenic.

On this issue he is and he openly admits it.

Having "the ability to think of himself" is just your code for "rejecting and rebelling against God and righteousness." I have tried it, and I have repented of it.
wicked woman........

Mrs. Truthsmacker!
Jesus may love you, but I have to work at it!
For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible. - Stuart Chase

(#73) Old
Over 1000 post club

September 30th, 2005, 08:33 AM

Hey. Here's a good question for ya'll. If BB dies while he's "living in sin," fornicating, or whatever you guys call it now. Would he go to Hell? I mean, he continually sins - I'm assuming you share a bed, correct me if I'm wrong BB. Isn't it the same as say, LMOHM continuing to having lustful thoughts towards other men? I mean, the same as in a sin for sin comparison.

-Abraham Lincoln

(#74) Old
Over 1000 post club

September 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape4Robin
wicked woman........
Look Robin knows how to spell "wicked."

Good job Robin! That GED is really paying off now!

-Abraham Lincoln

(#75) Old
Over 500 post club

shilohproject acts like a tree huggin' hippy
September 30th, 2005, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deardelmar
Marriage, however, is still marriage and I still say you should Marry her.
Couldn't one argue that marraige is between two people, i.e. their own notion of commitment and the relationship's validity, and that it has nothing to do with the State and it's legal power?

-Shiloh
Notice. Appreciate. Acknowledge.