Real Science Friday Trochlea Challenge
This is the show from Friday December 12, 2008.
* Trochlea Challenge to Any Evolutionist:
Real Science Friday challenges any evolutionist to view this JPG image of the Trochlea Challenge
. Bob Enyart and RSF co-host Fred Williams discuss the debate over at TheologyOnline.com on Entropy and Evolution
which led the Bob Enyart Live staff to commission the attached diagram
of the muscles of the eye and the Trochlea sling, to disseminate this challenge. The image shows that the Superior Oblique muscle attached to the top of the eye is threaded through a sling, the Trochlea, for functionality (angle of torque, space requirements, etc.) and the strap-like muscle narrows to a cord to slide through. Darwin's natural selection could not choose this configuration until if functioned minimally. How many generations of offspring with random mutations modifying the design of the various tissue types like bone, nerve, cartilage, and muscle, happening simultaneously do you estimate would have to pass before this most simple of design features of the eye happened upon by chance in order for natural selection to choose it? Now estimate the generations of offspring for a complex feature of the eye...
* A Very Encouraging RSF Listener:
wrote about our March 28, 2008 program Real Science Friday- Caterpillar Kills Atheism
"I cannot emphasize how much I love this stuff....it's simplicity and truth at its finest -- I thrive on it..I crave it: No science [background] required... no knowledge of any goofy theory, no [higher-education] schooling, no professors, no degrees, no books [needed, just eyes], no university study to rely on -- just two guys talking about the miracle of creation. After listening to this short audio, it should be obvious and self-evident to everyone that God is the Creator of all. Check it out -- it's a great listen. Bob Enyart and Fred Williams tell a great story and put on display the staggering brilliance, genius and beauty of our living God.
p.s. please do yourself a favor and listen to it all..... and notice the creationists' $20,000 offer to the evolution institution to carbon date the soft tissue t-rex... I really do love common sense and wisdom. There is so little of it to go around nowadays, when I hear two people who are obviously wise and not fooled by today's mob of storytellers in science and media, it just gives an all-over warm feeling and a desire to thank God for people like this."
Wow, that's humbling. You equally encourage us! Thanks so much! In Christ, -Bob and Fred
For our Real Science Friday friends
, in case you miss other BEL programs, here are some of the:
Atheists Bob Enyart has debated...
- ABC's Reginald Finley, called The Infidel Guy, from ABC's Wife Swap program; 3-26-07
- Freedom from Religion Foundation's Dan Barker
(a founder of the group that put the atheist sign near the Nativity at the capitol in Seattle) who as a teen was involved with the ministry of Kathryn Kuhlman, one of a group of so-called faith healers
. (See a BEL listener who initially compared Bob to Benny Hinn until
...) The BEL show was on 12-11-08
- TheologyOnline's psychologist Zakath in a 10-round moderated written online debate
, also available in soft cover
- TOL's member who calls himself Fool
- John Henderson
who wrote the book God.com 6-15-2006
- Michael Shermer
, an editor with Scientific American and the Skeptic Society who in in this famous 73-second excerpt
on BEL denied that the sun is a light, illustrating that it's tough debating atheists when they're hesitant to admit to even the most obvious common ground. 8-28-03
BEL Indiana Seminars
: Bob Enyart is coming to Indiana, Goshen in the evening of Jan. 29th and Indianapolis on Saturday January 31st, to present a brand new BEL Seminar titled Hermeneutics: Tools for Studying the Bible
. Learn how to use tools of interpretation as you study the Bible. And as importantly, Bob will discuss the principles involved for prioritizing these hermeneutics and how to decide which tool to use in which instance. You'll love it! Click for more info
and to register please call 1-800-8Enyart!
Today's Three Resources:
1. You might enjoy reading Bob's book-length debate, Does God Exist?
Remember, unlike virtually any other publisher, BEL offers a money-back guarantee if not satisfied! However, we're usually perfectly satisfied with your money
Actually, if YOU are not satisified, you can return any particular BEL resource for a full refund!
2. Do you hope to move someone from unbelief to trusting in Christ? That typically involves breaking down both pride and misconceptions. You do NOT need anything from BEL to accomplish this! You can use prayer and the Scriptures. But if you would like some help from BEL, you could consider how the five powerful titles in the BEL Evangelism Pack
can help someone decide to convert to Christianity!
3. Also through January 2009, please request our thank you Walt Brown gift set for a donation of $100 or more to BEL (online
or by calling 1-800-8Enyart), and we will send you:
- the BRAND NEW hardcopy 8th Edition of Walt's watershed book, In The Beginning (for you to keep)
- the hardcopy 7th Edition of Walt's book (for you to give as a gift to someone, it's FABULOUS TOO)
- and the Walt Brown Week CD so you can hear Dr. Brown talk through the key concepts of creation!