TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > . . . and The Rest
Reload this Page How many lost souls has TOL saved?
. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

(#76) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koban View Post
Christ calls to him, no matter what kind of a sinner he is.
That's true.

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

"...the waters under the "expanse" were under the crust."
-Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

(#77) Old
BANNED

Persephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Look deeper.

You're more than that.
Correct, I'm also a musician and school teacher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Not without Christ he ain't.
But at least I have a sense of reality and not a pathetic delusion of salvation.
Quote:

Christ weeps that He can't reach him.
Are Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy weeping with him?

(#78) Old

koban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone66 View Post
Correct, I'm also a musician and school teacher.

Deeper

(#79) Old
BANNED

Persephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peersPersephone66 is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Deeper
A 5'6" upright walking carbon-based life form.

(#80) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Actually, you will be happy to hear I have no real reason to come here anymore. I found what I was searching for and I've gotten pretty much all I need from this forum. It is clear that if I push too hard then I'm going to start messing up the harmony you fundies have at this community. You may be fundies but you still deserve the respect of having your own little group without somebody making you feel stupid and inferior all the time. What TOL has taught me is that I can do far more harm to the fundie agenda simply by living as a decent, genuine, and loving human being than by relentlessly arguing with people who could care less about me. So I wish you all the best and I hope you live long and fruitful lives. It's been fun.
This is a good example of an unhappy person who cannot get along with others. I would bet even on an atheist forum, he has the same criticism clothed in another language, which comes down to his own personal misery. It’s too bad really, I pray for all lost souls, including persons like this poor sad man.

So, what?

believe it!

(#81) Old
Gold level Subscriber

Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
Ktoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peersKtoyou is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:

Christ weeps that He can't reach him.
Not really, Jesus can do anything, He saved us to salvation, but He is not going to know one who refuses to know Him.

So, what?

believe it!

(#82) Old

koban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peerskoban is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
Not really, Jesus can do anything, He saved us to salvation, but He is not going to know one who refuses to know Him.

Don't you think He grieves for those who don't know Him?

(#83) Old
Presbyterian (PCA)

Ask Mr. Religion is well respected by his peers
Ask Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peersAsk Mr. Religion is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Wow. That's the definition of petty. He says goodbye, wishing you the best and you do the internet equivalent of slamming the door in his face. Uncool and UnChristian on top of that. Wouldn't your kind and loving God want you to always present him the opportunity to come back so that you can always have the chance to indoctrinate him into your religion?
On the contrary.

People are alienated when the enthusiastic for their faith violate the biblical admonition to share our beliefs in the proper manner:

1 Peter 3:15 but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;
1 Peter 3:16 yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
(ESV Translation)

That said, there is nothing in the Christian faith about being silent about incorrect doctrine or beliefs. Indeed, Christians are admonished to be alert to false dogma:

Eze. 33:6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand. (ESV Translation)

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.
2 John 1:8 Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.

In other words, stand firm in the truth concerning the Lord Jesus Christ so that our labor among you will not have been in vain, and so that we (the apostles and their followers) will receive a full reward.

2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

When John says, “goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ,” he is speaking of false teachers. To transgress is to go beyond the allowed bounds. That is what the cults do; they claim to have new light and teach doctrines that God has not revealed in His word. They do not stay within the bounds of the Christian revelation, or abide in the doctrine of Christ, probably meaning the teachings which Christ Himself brought. The apostle emphasizes in verse 9 that a cultist may claim to know God, but if he does not believe in the absolute deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus, he does not have God at all. God can only be known through His Son. “No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

2 John 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting,
2 John 1:11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

This is the heart of the Epistle’s message. It gives us valued advice on how to deal with false teachers who come to our doors. John does not refer to casual visitors but to anti-Christian propagandists. Should we invite them in? Give them a cup of coffee? Help them financially? Buy their literature? The answer is that we should not receive them or greet them. These people are enemies of Christ. To show them hospitality is to take sides with those who are against our Savior. It is possible that sometime we might let such a person into our house without knowing that he denies the Lord. These verses would not apply in such a case. But when we do know a man to be a false teacher, it would be disloyal to Christ to befriend him. These verses do not apply to visitors generally. We often have unbelievers as guests in an effort to win them to Christ.

It is a solemn responsibility, and we do harm to our own soul if we do not fulfill the admonishments above faithfully.

Christ makes it very clear:

Luk 12:51 Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
(ESV tranlation)

To me, Christ's words disprove any theory that Jesus came to unite all humanity (godly and ungodly) into a single “universal brotherhood of man.” Rather, He divided them as they have never been divided before!

AMR

WARNING: Embedded links that may be in my response or the twenty-eight in the sig below are not for the faint of heart.
Chaplain, ChristianForums
Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
Admin Staff/Faculty,
The North American Reformed Seminary

I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
The best TOL Social Group: here.
If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
Why?

(#84) Old
cattyfan

Quote:
Wow. That's the definition of petty. He says goodbye, wishing you the best and you do the internet equivalent of slamming the door in his face. Uncool and UnChristian on top of that. Wouldn't your kind and loving God want you to always present him the opportunity to come back so that you can always have the chance to indoctrinate him into your religion?
He wanted to play games and play the martyr.

And how is it unChristian to help him accomplish his stated task to not be here anymore?

(oh..and thanks for the negative rep )

(#85) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
Stripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peersStripe is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
But at least I [do not] have a pathetic delusion of salvation.
Then from whence does your salvation come?

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
Why do my eyes hurt?
You've never used them.

"...the waters under the "expanse" were under the crust."
-Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

(#86) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Some people here tried to "save" me. They seemed quite delusional. They also seemed rather bitter and hateful. Who wants that?
Truth is hate to those who hate truth (Enyart). We give out the word of God. You do with it what you will. It is our hope that there is a harvest when we plant the seed, but that is not always the case. While it is day, we plant (Jn 9:4).

(#87) Old
TOL Legend

serpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peersserpentdove is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Oh clearly. And I'm sure the countless testimonies that this thread will generate of former lost souls who owe their salvation to the good work of TOLers spreading that word will provide great evidence to support your claim.

If one person gets saved over these discussions, it is well worth it. They will be our loved one forever (Jas 4:14).

(#88) Old
TOL Legend

July 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I've actually unconverted at least 3 people from Christianity by simply showing them how to use critical thinking...
1 Jn 2:19.

(#89) Old
TOL Legend

July 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
...I need to be saved. Saved from what?...
Hell and damnation. You need to be saved from God's wrath (Jn 3:36).

(#90) Old
Silver Member

Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
Vaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peersVaquero45 is well respected by his peers
July 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:

Wow. You are the definition of brain dead. The moron left with a note pretending he was letting us off the hook, not planning to make us feel stupid and inferior, as if he could.
That's what he said. HE was being "petty" if we're throwing the term around.

What is uncool about kicking an idiot off a forum?

What is un-krisschun' about it?

Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin