TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In!
Reload this Page toldailytopic: The train-wreck that is: Jon & Kate Plus 8
TOL Topic of the Day - Chime In! Every day we will post a new topic and we want to get your comments on that topic. The topic could be about literally anything from the vague to the specific, important or trivial. The TOL membership can take that topic and run with it!

(#31) Old
You talkin' to me?

Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
November 3rd, 2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Hmmm... working mom, stay at home dad, mom talks to dad like a child and dad takes it.

That's pretty much a recipe for disaster. I certainly feel for the kids.
Ahhhh... so she wears the pants eh?

DOWNLOAD the FREE TOL App available for iPhone, iPad, and Android.

Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter

TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

-----------
Bibles for sale | Logos Bible Software 15% Off

(#32) Old
Just livin' life one day at a time.

Poly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peers
Poly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peersPoly is well respected by his peers
November 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Ahhhh... so she wears the pants eh?
Sounds like it... as well as the boxers, suspenders, and the belt.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Romans 1:16

Upgrade your TOL membership.

(#33) Old
Death2impiety's Wife

Maximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peersMaximeee is well respected by his peers
November 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Hmmm... working mom, stay at home dad, mom talks to dad like a child and dad takes it.

That's pretty much a recipe for disaster. I certainly feel for the kids.
Pretty much. It's sad because they are supposed to be Christians, but you definitely couldn't tell by the show.

There was an episode where they were in ToysRUS and Kate screamed at Jon, who was across the store. It was so embarrassing.

You've called me out of death
You've called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I'm reconciled

Discount Maternity Clothes | Children's Books | Baby Gear | Coupons | Batman

(#34) Old
Star*Lord of the Spartax Empire

Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
Lighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peersLighthouse is well respected by his peers
November 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Are there any fans of the show around? (anyone willing to admit they watch or follow Jon and Kate?)
I watch The Soup, and they are mentioned a lot. The way Kate treated Jon when they were married reminded me of my dad's second wife. I can understand why he wanted to be with someone else. I don't condone doing it before getting a divorce, though.

As for situations like these I have more respect for people who have several children and have respect for each other, such as you and your wife, or Adam and Karen, or Dave and Jule, etc.

(#35) Old
Journeyman

Dogbean has been getting noticedDogbean has been getting noticedDogbean has been getting noticedDogbean has been getting noticedDogbean has been getting noticedDogbean has been getting noticed
November 6th, 2009, 04:48 PM

The kids are cute, and they live very close to where I grew up in Pennsylvania, but I think they let fame, money, and corruption get to their heads.

But I think one of the biggest train wrecks is Kate's hair. It looks like some sort of backwards mullet. I just wonder, did the hairdresser mess up and Kate just accepted it? Nobody ever had anything that ridiculous before Kate, so I wonder, if that is what she wanted, how did she explain to the stylist what to do? LOL

"What do Liberals defend most? Gay marriage, higher taxes, welfare, abortions, preferential treatment based on race, the United Nations determining the defense of the U.S. and dictators. Is this the America that you want?" -- Boycottliberalism.com

(#36) Old
You talkin' to me?

Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
Knight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peersKnight is well respected by his peers
November 6th, 2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbean View Post
But I think one of the biggest train wrecks is Kate's hair. It looks like some sort of backwards mullet.

DOWNLOAD the FREE TOL App available for iPhone, iPad, and Android.

Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter

TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

-----------
Bibles for sale | Logos Bible Software 15% Off

(#37) Old
Token Aussie

Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
Thunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peersThunder's Muse is well respected by his peers
November 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM

I'm so over these reality shows. Doesn't everyone who does one end up divorcing?

"The moment that the slave resolves that he will no longer be a slave, the fetters fall. Freedom and Slavery are mental states." ~ Gandhi

My ignore hall of fame: Meshak

(#38) Old
Journeyman

Karl der Grosse will become famous soon enoughKarl der Grosse will become famous soon enoughKarl der Grosse will become famous soon enough
November 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM

My poor wife has become interested in this lately (no one said bed-rest was fun). Too me it's beyond lame, and I fail to see how this is "news" (legit news shows bring them up. Army Major kills a bunch of people, and up next, Kate seen at Walmart!). The fact that they call themselves Christians shows you how little that term now means.

(#39) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

Rusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peersRusha is well respected by his peers
November 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximeee View Post
Kate is a witch. She treats Jon like he is one of her kids. Sooo disrepectful, it would make me cringe.
Was she a witch prior to his affair or after?

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. ~ H. P. Lovecraft

(#40) Old
Journeyman

Karl der Grosse will become famous soon enoughKarl der Grosse will become famous soon enoughKarl der Grosse will become famous soon enough
November 6th, 2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
Was she a witch prior to his affair or after?
Wife says prior. I'll go with her.