TheologyOnline, religion, politics, forum
Go Back   Theology Online | Christian Forums & More > Politics, Religion, And The Rest > Religion
Reload this Page Is Your Jesus "Lord?"
Religion Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics.

(#31) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

jamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peers
April 29th, 2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
How about confessing that you are a sinner and Jesus is your savior.
What is sin?

Jamie

(#32) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

jamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peersjamie is well respected by his peers
April 29th, 2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chair View Post
Christianity ceased to be a Jewish sect a very long time ago. Use you sonar, and maybe you'll 'see' what I mean.
Gentile Christianity has never been a Jewish sect.

Jamie

(#33) Old
Sweep the leg

Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
Nick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peersNick M is well respected by his peers
April 29th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Your peoples faith???

The whole New Testament was written by Jews. There are no Gentile writings in the New Testament. Even your Messiah was a Jew. I think you are as blind as a bat.
He is blind. Paul said so, on authority from Christ. However, Luke is gentile physician, and wrote about a quarter of the NT. I also have no reason to question whether or not he was circumcised. Traveling with Paul, I would think he was.

Jesus saves completely.

Titus 1:10-11

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.climatedepot.com/

(#34) Old
Silver Member

Robert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peers
April 29th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
He is blind. Paul said so, on authority from Christ. However, Luke is gentile physician, and wrote about a quarter of the NT. I also have no reason to question whether or not he was circumcised. Traveling with Paul, I would think he was.
Hi Nick,

Where does it say or imply that Luke was a gentile?

Thanks, Bob.

(#35) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

April 29th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Hi Nick,

Where does it say or imply that Luke was a gentile?
Scripture does not idenfify Luke as a Gentile.

Jamie

(#36) Old
Silver Member

Robert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peersRobert Pate is well respected by his peers
April 30th, 2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Scripture does not idenfify Luke as a Gentile.

Jamie
Nick said that Luke is a Gentile. It must be true.

(#37) Old
LIFETIME MEMBER

April 30th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Nick said that Luke is a Gentile. It must be true.
Good one, Robert. I never thought of that.

Jamie

(#38) Old
Silver Member

April 30th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Good one, Robert. I never thought of that.

Jamie

I have read up on Luke. I can't find anywhere that says Luke was a Gentile. Luke was the only one that stayed with Paul when he was in prison. 2 Timothy 4:11. All the rest forsook him, makes me want to cry, 2 Timothy 4:16.